• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Siggy-P

Avenger
Mar 18, 2018
Yeah I'm going to delete it of course but I just wish things weren't like this. He is always telling me how much he loves her and always talks about her and I haven't been in a real relationship before so maybe he thinks I was trying to steal her since he wasn't there? Idk

He assumes every decent looking guy who speaks to her is trying to steal her. He sees her as his property and has poor views as women, but he also sees you as a threat and untrustworthy because he thinks you'll go after "his girl".

It comes from insecurity and a lack of self-worth that he's taking out on others that aren't himself.

My best mate in work, he was friends with one of the staff for years. I knew her well through him but not that close. They'd hang out a lot at work, and always set up group things with us all. It was never romantic, but then she got a boyfriend who felt threatened by him, and that was the end of that.

J-Tier

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Southern California
Man, your "friend" is making you feel like crap, and you didn't even do anything worth being mad about. All you did was posed for a pic and moved on with your evening.

C.Mongler

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Washington, DC
Your friend sounds like a shithead if he's telling people you need to "watch yourself" over an innocuous picture. Either there's more going on behind the scenes here, or good fucking riddance to that guy. Sounds like he's not a guy worth hanging around anyway.

Oyashiro-Sama

Oct 27, 2017
having a picture taken together is highly intimate. it's just one step removed from holding hands
4ad.gif

Oct 26, 2017
There is nothing wrong.

Maybe your friend is a bit pyscho that's it.

One of my closest friend has no problems if i hug or take a photo with his girlfriend, she even kissed me several times in the cheek and it was completely fine for him.

Oct 27, 2017
You didn't do anything wrong, and it sounds like your friend has got massive trust issues if he's blown his lid over this. Give him time to cool down but if he doesn't then probably cut him out from your life because you don't need this shit.

Regulus Tera

Oct 25, 2017
It's just a picture, you didn't make out with her or anything. Your friend needs to stop being so insecure.

collige

Oct 31, 2017
If the GF was cheating / trying to cheat / doing something sketchy at the club, she would have to be pretty dumb to take selfies there. OP's friend is probably just insecure.

Snake Eater

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm feeling pretty depressed right now.

So I went to the club with a group of friends yesterday. My good friend was not at the club with us yesterday. I was with the group the entire time having good fun and then I met my good friends girlfriend. I thought my good friend was actually at the club too since his girlfriend was there.

I asked him if he was here and she said no and we then took a picture together of us smiling and then I went on with my group of friends. This morning one of my friends asked to see all the pictures I took and I sent him all the pictures. He sent the one with the girlfriend and I smiling to my good friend and now a war has started.

I feel like shit right now and really depressed because it was not my intention to burn bridges, cause drama or any of that. Now the girlfriend has been texting me to delete it and my good friend hates me. All over a picture of the two of us smiling. I just feel like i crossed a boundary or something. Like I wasn't even drunk. It was just a friendly picture

Unless you're having sex with her, you've done nothing wrong

Rookhelm

Oct 27, 2017
sounds like he didn't know she was going out that night (or she lied to him about where she was going to be). Saw the picture and A) got mad because she was dishonest or B) thought you had something to do with it, or C) Both.

I think you're totally in the clear....they've got some stuff to work out.

Nov 9, 2017
Delete it? How would that help unless you posted it online? If so, why would you post it online?

When she asked you to delete it, do you think it was because she thought it was inappropriate or to placate her boyfriend, your good friend?

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
Are you sure you didn't have a boner and that's what he's mad about? Look carefully.

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
yeah sounds like she just wasn't where she said she was gonna be. Or your friends is nuts. Either way it's not your fault.

New002

Oct 25, 2017
My other friends were telling me he hates me and that he said I should watch myself the next time he sees me. I texted him but no reply

So this is your "good friend?" And your other "friend" forwarded the picture of you and this girl to the "good friend?" And your "good friend" is threatening you when talking to your "other friends" and they are just passing that info along?

What I'm getting at is all these friends at best don't sound like very good ones, especially as everyone involved is an ADULT. You may have to step back and reassess the people you choose to chill with and consider friends. Doesn't seems like these folks have your back.

Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
So this is your "good friend?" And your other "friend" forwarded the picture of you and this girl to the "good friend?" And your "good friend" is threatening you when talking to your "other friends" and they are just passing that info along?

What I'm getting at is all these friends at best don't sound like very good ones, especially as everyone involved is an ADULT. You may have to step back and reassess the people you choose to chill with and consider friends. Doesn't seems like these folks have your back.
maybe his "good friend" is his capo or something

this thread feels like it would be at home as the secondary storyline of an episode of the sopranos

Lemon Crest

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Lmao this guy telling other people you should watch out. Such an online tough guy attitude

you and the gf are better off without that loser

meow

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
NYC
your friend is a massive loser and considering the ages, I suggest just finding new friends. esp since you are all in uni, probably the easiest place to make friends.

Jroc

Banned
Jun 9, 2018
The friend is 100% in the wrong here.

She is not his property. If he can't handle a photo he's either incredibly insecure or there are behind the scenes relationship issues going on.