• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Squarehard

Oct 27, 2017
giphy.gif

Ashlette

Oct 28, 2017
just let this one fail. everyone got paid already and the employees who were roped into this can move on to something else.

jwk94

Oct 25, 2017
Even before jk being an idiot, these movies sucked. Idk how they screwed up so bad. Harry Potter anything should've been an instant home run.

Deleted member 4614

Oct 25, 2017
The first movie was so much fun. Second is X-Men Apocalypse bad

Meg Cherry

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
Even before jk being an idiot, these movies sucked. Idk how they screwed up so bad. Harry Potter anything should've been an instant home run.
The first film could've been a completely fine start for a series of globetrotting magical adventures. But instead they felt the need to combine the franchise with a Dumbledore origin story.

jwk94

Oct 25, 2017
The first film could've been a completely fine start for a series of globetrotting magical adventures. But instead they felt the need to combine the franchise with a Dumbledore origin story.
Even the first film was bad though. There was definitely room for improvement, but yeah I can see Dumbledore stuff messing things up. That honestly could've been a spinoff in itself.

Oct 25, 2017
Arizona

Tfritz

Oct 25, 2017
manifesting a flop, but it's extremely depressing they're waiting to see how it performs because of the "jude law's character was banging colin farrell/johnathan depp/mads michaelson's character" story beat and not like, IRL shenanigans of ezra miller or the writer

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
If you burning all that cash to make Morbius money, then yeah. You can just make some smaller projects and make a better return

Ryuelli

Oct 26, 2017
I thought the first was a lot of fun, honestly probably one of my favorite HP-world movies. The series should have just been about Newt going on weird adventures and finding weird creatures though (you know... like the name suggests), like a wizard Indiana Jones (and we definitely didn't need 5 movies of that).

They had the formula down pat with 1 - here is a part of the world whose Wizarding World you didn't see in HP, here's some weird creatures that live there, shenanigans happen, everything is okay again. I just really like Newt as a character.

Focusing on Dumbledore and Grindelwald really wasn't the direction I wanted to go.

Still seeing 3 on Friday though.

They have the Curse Child to adapt anyways

Story aside, the play is pretty damn impressive to see in person.

Last edited:

Stat

Oct 25, 2017
I thought they had ordered 5 films. I remember thinking that was ridiculous. The first was very much "just okay" but the second one was brutal. Coupled with JK going off the deep end, its hard to see more getting lit.

The other issue too is that she wrote this - and literally wrote out one of the main actresses from the first and second cause the actress tweeted against JK lol

FarronFox

Oct 27, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Well I wasn't ever really a big Harry Potter fan but I went to see the first one of these films so I could see what all these 'fantastic creatures' were. I thought they were alright.

Then I went to see the second film, and had next to no idea what was going on and it was hardly about any 'fantastic beasts' at all.

So why would I go to see this third? Haven't seen any 'fantastic beasts' in the trailers for this one apart from the little leaf/twig insect dude.

Travo

Oct 27, 2017
South Carolina
We may never know who the actors are who were chosen to play Grindelwald in the 4th and 5th movie. :P He's sort of like Rusty Griswald right now.

Tabaxi

Nov 18, 2018
Shoutout to JK Rowling for sucking so hard as both a person and a scriptwriter that she messed up what should've been a license to print money.

CallMeShaft

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The last one is up there with Rise of Skywalker and X-men Apocalypse as a big budgeted, yet heartless and brainless slog of a film.

Ryuelli

Oct 26, 2017
Just remake the old movies and be done with it. That will make you more money.

My dream for the series would be an animated adaptation that looks similar to Avatar the Last Airbender. We have movies already, give me a TV show that goes more in depth into subplots the movies ignored. I want SPEW.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think I've ever hoped for a film to bomb as much as this one. Same with the video game too. I think WB is prepared for a loss between the last film being shit and more has come out since then about JK being even more shit.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
every time i see a screen from these flicks i confuse them for those bad Atlas Shrugged movies

WhySoDevious

Oct 31, 2017
Hopefully the changes are enough to get people interested. The second movie was a hot mess and very boring, but the first one was very enjoyable.

More Newt. More fantastic beasts. More Jude and definitely more Mads.

It'd be a shame to leave the story unfinished. I have a feeling that all the convoluted plot lines will tie in nicely at the end.

Jive Turkey

Oct 25, 2017
I hope it ends on a MASSIVE cliffhanger and bombs hard. The most fitting way for this garbage to end.

I don't even know how they messed this series up so badly. Yes, I know Rowling is a shitty writer but the title gives you the story. It's called "Fantastic Beasts" so make magical creature Ghostbusters with a conservationist as their lead.