• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017
I think I'm starting to understand why people like zealot and handmaiden for higher difficulties. You can use your ult to very safely disengage out of being corner or if you get put into realllly nasty spots. It's a very useful tool to have.

Pyros Eien

Oct 31, 2017
i'll have to check it out. i've been using bolt staff on champion. i like sniping bosses and specials with the charged alt fire but if beam staff is even more powerful then it's a nobrainer
Well some people dislike the whole zooming in thing but other than that it's pretty much superior to bolt for bosses and specials because it's hitscan damage, no projectile, so if you aim at the head you get a headshot always, while bolt isn't guaranteed due to travel time and some inaccuracy at longer distances. For hordes, bolt primary fire is nice because it's ranged, although you have to watch for friendly fire a lot, while beam is very short range but you can just spam it through your allies cause it doesn't seem to friendly fire. It also staggers any stormvermins mixed in the pack so that's not a worry either, it however does not stagger hookrats(nothing does really) so have to be careful for that. And the beam itself can be used to soften up the hordes as they come and if they're doing the conga line thing you can headshot beam and wiggle a bit to kill most of them in which case it's similar in power to bolt at range.

Beam will probably be nerfed though, it doesn't make too much sense in its current state. Probably reducing the stagger of the shotgun would be good to start with, the fact you can more or less control a stormvermin patrol by just spamming shotguns into them is pretty absurd and they might make the snipe explosion scale more significantly with the beam(currently if you snipe right away, it does about half the damage of a fully charged beam snipe, but it's still enough damage to one shot most specials on headshots, I could see them forcing you to channel a bit longer to achieve that).

They should also buff flamethrower so primary fire is the same as fireball/conflag, so you can actually use it for bosses, and conflag/fireball should get buffs to their aoe damage splash stuff so they're actually kinda useful. As it is conflag is worthless against armor and while fireball is a bit better, it's still not really worth it especially with the friendly fire downside.

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Just got it, my Steam is Lulu Umehara. Please invite me and protect me.

OP
OP
Isee

Isee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The drops and disconnects since yesterday made the game unplayable. I'm barely able to finish a mission any more.

Ap3x

Banned
Mar 2, 2018
Just got it yesterday, it's already downloaded but had no time to play it anymore :(

Can't wait to dive in, this thread hyped me up hard.

But I honestly hope they fix the beam staff, I hate it of there is a class or weapon wich can be used for cheesing that hard through a game,
it just brakes the challange for me, seems like I will avoid playing pyro till it got nerfed.

Oct 25, 2017
The drops and disconnects since yesterday made the game unplayable. I'm barely able to finish a mission any more.

Ya, also having lots of connection issues recently.

Today someone in my game died with a grimoire and tome as they lagged out, and when they got revived later in the level, still had them. But their red blinking down animation was still going on too, bizarre

OP
OP
Isee

Isee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The disconnects are probably more of a steam then vermintide 2 issue. Still, when you disconnect you have no ability to rejoin your random group. Even worse, if the host disconnects it's game over for everybody. Two seperate problems, that work hand in hand here lately.

Arulan

Oct 25, 2017
Is anyone starting to play on Legend? I could use some more people to play with. I play Ironbreaker Bardin. Send me a PM.

DarkwaterV2

Oct 26, 2017
Steam had a bad day anyway, got dropped out of another game a few times as well. Was really frustrating.

I don't think that's correct. Once everyone is in a party, everything goes peer-to-peer, which is why the whole house of cards comes falling down when the host fails, but another party member leaving is not a big issue. So once you're all in a party, Steam servers having issues shouldn't affect the quality of the session.

OP
OP
Isee

Isee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Started doing champ runs (with mixed results tbh). I'm not getting over item level 200 out of champ boxes, even not from emperor ones. Opened now four of them and all items were between 190-200. Which would be nice, but I'm already 195-200 equipped across all slots. Am I missing something?

Heroin Cat

Oct 27, 2017
New Zealand
Started doing champ runs (with mixed results tbh). I'm not getting over item level 200 out of champ boxes, even not from emperor ones. Opened now four of them and all items were between 190-200. Which would be nice, but I'm already 195-200 equipped across all slots. Am I missing something?

When you open a crate, the items inside are in the range of the highest item level you've seen plus/minus 10. Recruit crates can only go up to 100 item level, and Veteran crates only go up to 200. 300 is the max. The way that emperors, generals, soldiers, etc rates work is like the dice rewards in Vermintide 1: the higher the rarity, the higher the chance of a better quality item (i.e. more likely to be blue than green rarity).

If you're only concerned about raising your item level, use all your scrap crafting. Just do the random item crafting, and salvage whatever you don't need. This should produce a few items that raise the highest level item you've seen. Anecdotally, I find that crafting seems to be more likely to be higher than the highest item level you've seen compared to chests. Once you run out of scrap, open more crates. rinse and repeat. Commendation chests are easier to grind than Champ chests, so maybe start levelling other characters (Commendation chests have a power cap of 300 like champ chests, but I think the item rarity range is based on the level of the character opening it i.e. a level 5 won't find orange items in their commendation chest).

Avis

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
If anyone is in EST or close, me and a buddy have been starting this as newbs and doing sessions usually after work at 6ish on weekdays and some on weekends. Still 2 spots open, so if you're interested hit me up.

Ketch

Oct 25, 2017
So I've been told you should save the chest from leveling until you hit lvl cap then open them all at once, but I wanna open em now!

Pyros Eien

Oct 31, 2017
So I've been told you should save the chest from leveling until you hit lvl cap then open them all at once, but I wanna open em now!
It's not until the level cap, it's until 200 item power. You might be level capped, or not, depending on how much you play on alts, but it's not relevant. Only thing you probably want to do if you do that is open them on classes that are 20+ to maximize orange drops(can't get red drops from commendation so no need for lvl 30).

You can open them right away however and it'll get you to 200 faster but then you have to do champion to get any progression. If you don't open them, you can farm a lot of veteran which is easier and a good way to learn all the maps and stuff.

Jest

Oct 28, 2017
Waiting until Level Cap is to increase the chances of higher quality items. That's different from Hero Level. At level 5, you get Green quality more often. 10 = blue quality more often, etc... With exception of Red, as you have to play Champion difficulty for Red iirc.

Cor

Oct 25, 2017
Way fatshark is approaching balancing rankles me quite a lot. So much so that i've dropped the game for a while, given the considerable shifts in handling that any rando patch might bring.
Still got 60h into the thing, but given how buggy several levels continue to be and the lack of additional rewards for boss levels, is prob best to wait another month or so.

also beam staff is hella broke. that thing with how it causes *way* more damage than headshots if you just keep it aimed at the body and dont let go can't be right. beam+speedpot=good times tho

Pyros Eien

Oct 31, 2017
Always. I can't count the amount of times I swing at them. I'm going to be a serious danger at anything higher than Veteran.
As long as you're not shooting at them it's fine, melee damage has no friendly fire since it'd make it unplayable. Friendly fire isn't that much damage either until legend. What I hate the most about FF and dwarfs though is how you'll start aiming above the dwarf to snipe something, but then they'll just jump for absolutely no reason as they're charging into enemies, just so they can catch your stuff.

Jest

Oct 28, 2017
As long as you're not shooting at them it's fine, melee damage has no friendly fire since it'd make it unplayable. Friendly fire isn't that much damage either until legend. What I hate the most about FF and dwarfs though is how you'll start aiming above the dwarf to snipe something, but then they'll just jump for absolutely no reason as they're charging into enemies, just so they can catch your stuff.

That sounds amazing.

Cor

Oct 25, 2017

we stunties need to jump to increase the odds of getting a headshot melee swing! Helps a bit with chaos warriors.

Pyros Eien

Oct 31, 2017
we stunties need to jump to increase the odds of getting a headshot melee swing! Helps a bit with chaos warriors.
Yeah but I mean, the dwarf is still running to his target, hasn't reached it yet, but spam jumps. You know the type, just jumping all the time. Some people definitely don't pay too much attention about putting themselves into FF range though, it's not just the responsability of people shooting. Like if I'm on the right side of a tunnel firing a very visible beam of fire, and you decide to strafe right into it to attack a monster instead of staying middle/left, that's pretty much on you. Luckily it doesn't do that much damage anyway so that's good, friendly fire is something to consider but it isn't that punishing, short of firing ultimates at people's head(BH and Waystalker especially).

Moff

Oct 26, 2017
Future DLC or a third game should have some Orc and Goblin enemies. The chaos enemies totally changed this game and made it more fun.
Thats what I thought as well.
The reason I never bought the first game but now the sequel was the enemy variety. The third installment should definitely have at least one more enemy race. Orcs would be fantastic.

Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017
Unlocked Shade for Kerillian finally. I'm going to get myself killed so much trying to get backstabs.

Cor

Oct 25, 2017
Unlocked Shade for Kerillian finally. I'm going to get myself killed so much trying to get backstabs.
shade is built on a bed of lies, fwiw
i changed to it, equipped some daggrz, went to the armored dummies, popped the ult, hacked away at its back and went "DAMN SON, how come i dont see more shades around?"

then i joined a vet game, waited for a boss to show up, popped the special, gave the boss a single poke in the back and saw the stealth (and bonus damage) disappear. And all was clear.

Also could see no reason whatsoever to use her repeating crossbow =/

Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017
shade is built on a bed of lies, fwiw
i changed to it, equipped some daggrz, went to the armored dummies, popped the ult, hacked away at its back and went "DAMN SON, how come i dont see more shades around?"

then i joined a vet game, waited for a boss to show up, popped the special, gave the boss a single poke in the back and saw the stealth (and bonus damage) disappear. And all was clear.

I'm not having issues with damage so far, just I place myself in stupid positions trying to get them. Found it really helpful on bosses especially. Are you saying the backstab is bugged?

Jest

Oct 28, 2017
I mean, it's a common "Rogue" type sub class and the way backstabs typically work is always that the first attack brings you out of stealth. So it's about making that first attack count to start off the burst. Otherwise it would be incredibly OP.

Akronis

Prophet of Regret - Lizard Daddy
Oct 25, 2017
Future DLC or a third game should have some Orc and Goblin enemies. The chaos enemies totally changed this game and made it more fun.

Probably won't happen. End Times lore has Orcs aligning with forces of light. Not sure at what point the game takes place in the End Times timeline, but I'm not sure GW will go for it.

Undead could happen though.

Cor

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not having issues with damage so far, just I place myself in stupid positions trying to get them. Found it really helpful on bosses especially. Are you saying the backstab is bugged?
i am saying that what you see in testing, with stealth and dmg bonus remaining for every blow, is in no way representative of what you'll see in practice
I mean, it's a common "Rogue" type sub class and the way backstabs typically work is always that the first attack brings you out of stealth. So it's about making that first attack count to start off the burst. Otherwise it would be incredibly OP.
I am fine with the first attack dropping stealth. Not so fine with the backstab damage bonus not subsisting for a good few seconds. As is, it is a special killer, not a boss dmger, and then it is found sorely lacking, for it requires far more effort to use than all the ranged special killer options.

Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017
i am saying that what you see in testing, with stealth and dmg bonus remaining for every blow, is in no way representative of what you'll see in practice

I am fine with the first attack dropping stealth. Not so fine with the backstab damage bonus not subsisting for a good few seconds. As is, it is a special killer, not a boss dmger, and then it is found sorely lacking, for it requires far more effort to use than all the ranged special killer options.

Her special ability doesn't give bonus damage, she gets 50% across the board when she hits from behind always. Special is just for positioning.

Cor

Oct 25, 2017
Her special ability doesn't give bonus damage, she gets 50% across the board when she hits from behind always. Special is just for positioning.
it does tho. or at least appeared to give based on dummy data . Damage dropped off as soon as stealth faded.

Probably won't happen. End Times lore has Orcs aligning with forces of light. Not sure at what point the game takes place in the End Times timeline, but I'm not sure GW will go for it.

Undead could happen though.

an orc teammate in choppa, dakka and black orc varieties tho :0

Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017
it does tho. or at least appeared to give based on dummy data . Damage dropped off as soon as stealth faded.

You're right, the extra damage isn't showing on training dummies. Wonder if it's a bug with the passive or the training dummy.

edit: The damage numbers do increase on dummy when stealthed, but they're insane (17000+), so something is wrong here with the dummies.

edit2: Turns out dummies don't have a "back" so it never triggers on them. So ya this is a training dummy issue.

Cor

Oct 25, 2017
You're right, the extra damage isn't showing on training dummies. Wonder if it's a bug with the passive or the training dummy.

edit: The damage numbers do increase on dummy when stealthed, but they're insane (17000+), so something is wrong here with the dummies.

edit2: Turns out dummies don't have a "back" so it never triggers on them. So ya this is a training dummy issue.

Not insane, AWESOME :D
So you can see why i was severely disappointed when i tested that special on the plated dummies, then went on to try it in fleshy enemies.

Either way, as you saw, stealth grants a decent bonus dmg on first hit.

Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017
Not insane, AWESOME :D
So you can see why i was severely disappointed when i tested that special on the plated dummies, then went on to try it in fleshy enemies.

Either way, as you saw, stealth grants a decent bonus dmg on first hit.

Well I don't trust the dummies anymore, but even if you lose bonus damage after losing stealth you still get the 50% bonus backstab damage which is still great.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
This, on the other hand, would be fucking amazing. I don't think Fatshark has any intention of adding new characters though :(
Don't see why not. God knows there's plenty of room in the castle, they're going to have to do something with it. Vampire, Orc, and Dark Elf teammates feel like natural adds considering the way the End Times goes.

Seductivpancakes

user requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn
There's so much shit going on in the End Times, I think it's plausible that some random person from any nations can be a party member. High Elf, Orc, Bretonnian, etc.

Oct 25, 2017
i feel boss levels need an extra incentive or something, their longer and more difficult than any non-boss levels, especially the burblespue level.

doing quickplay the other day, got people instantly quitting on them.

Akronis

Prophet of Regret - Lizard Daddy
Oct 25, 2017
Don't see why not. God knows there's plenty of room in the castle, they're going to have to do something with it. Vampire, Orc, and Dark Elf teammates feel like natural adds considering the way the End Times goes.

With the insane amount of VO, it'd be difficult. You'd have to have all of the other voice actors record new lines as well to accommodate. It'd be one of my greatest requests, but based on the line re-use from the first + no new characters at all for 2, the likelihood of it happening is next to 0 :(

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
So, I'm running into what I feel is a core problem with Sienna: she only really seems to be good at one thing at a time. All her melee weapons seem to be... well, basically useless, so you're stuck relying on her staff for essentially all of your damage output, and none of the staffs feel like they can fill multiple roles at all. Either they're good at clearing out hordes, or they're good at massive burst to single targets, or they're the Fireball staff and they're just sort of okay at either of them. I swear, the Irondrake Pistols feel like they're more flexible.

With the insane amount of VO, it'd be difficult. You'd have to have all of the other voice actors record new lines as well to accommodate. It'd be one of my greatest requests, but based on the line re-use from the first + no new characters at all for 2, the likelihood of it happening is next to 0 :(
On the other hand, this is a much bigger, shinier game than the first one, and a new character as paid DLC would probably sell quite well with the larger base ownership.

And dammit, they have to do something with all that space. It's absurd. Half the damn castle is unused.

Cor

Oct 25, 2017
So, I'm running into what I feel is a core problem with Sienna: she only really seems to be good at one thing at a time. All her melee weapons seem to be... well, basically useless, so you're stuck relying on her staff for essentially all of your damage output, and none of the staffs feel like they can fill multiple roles at all. Either they're good at clearing out hordes, or they're good at massive burst to single targets, or they're the Fireball staff and they're just sort of okay at either of them. I swear, the Irondrake Pistols feel like they're more flexible.
Alt-fire on beam staff is a great point blank horde stopper. Main fire is great sustained burst. Main fire+alt = great special killer. Is by far the most rounded out staff.\

But yeah, given the way her melee works, best just to stick to pyro and revel in your role as a special/boss destroyer. I was rocking her basic sword solely because that thing's charge attack swept a large area and the 3hit regular attack has damn solid dmg on the third hit, even against armored.