• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
OP
OP
Gareth

Gareth

Oct 25, 2017
Norn Iron
Sounds like someone at Black Library really fucked up and threw the whole company under a bus with that move after the recent good will. Apparently an 'investor' had complained, and BL had falsely accused him of being the source of a leak too. Hopefully something will be done.

MTR

Oct 27, 2017
Got my indomitus box pretty hassle free from GW online Australia.
I don't know when it sold out but was done within the hour.

It went live at midday not 10am for us.

Redcrayon

Patient hunter
On Break
Oct 27, 2017
UK
Wow. I literally opened the website at 10.10 am and it was already gone!

Ah well, maybe they'll do a second run.

Xena

Oct 25, 2017
So my FLGS will finally have 0 (zero) Indomitus boxes with the translated rulebook, and 2 on English. Those two, by the way, only as a "favor" from the comercial.

Meanwhile, the Big Hoby Chain Store has told us they won't have any problem to serve us whatever quantity we may require in both, Spanish and English. Colour me surprised.

Actually, don't. Fuck the Big Hoby Chain Store and their bullying practices, they do this shit with every goddamn game. And GW for letting this happen.

As far as I know, I haven't tried it, Gladius is good, but it's not your regular 40k game. I mean, it's a 4x, and I'm still not sure how they managed to fit this setting on that genre without creating a crap game.

Other good/great 40k games are Dawn of War 1 and 2 (there are Tau in the expansions for the first game), Space Marine, both Batlefleet Gothic Armada (there are Tau in the second game, but only for skirmish or enemies) and Armaggedon (aka Panzer General 40k). I've heard good things from Mechanicus and Inquisitor Martyr, but haven't played them.

If you are willing to try older* games, I would suggest you Fire Warrior. It's an mediocre FPS with average production and some fantastic stuff here and there (cinematics, how the bolter feels), but you play as a Tau. It's not on Steam, you must go to GOG for it. A 6/10 game.

*It's only one year older than the first Dawn of War :P
Thanks for the reply! I ended up deciding to get Dawn of War 2 grand master collection and the mechanicus game. I'll get the fire warrior game when it's on sale - I never heard of the game! Thanks for the heads up. I may get Gladius when it's the next holiday sale.
And man, that total war warhammer is addicting, lol. Too bad I didn't realize until after the sale that in order to play dwarves, I needed the first game as well. Oh well.

Yrch

Oct 29, 2017
So about that starter:
My Local Manager told me that there will be another box as starter set.
This is just a launch box for existing players, there will be a "real" one with fewer minis, dice etc.

Looking at the sprues on the store page its easy to see what minis will go on sale seperatly

Redcrayon

Patient hunter
On Break
Oct 27, 2017
UK
So about that starter:
My Local Manager told me that there will be another box as starter set.
This is just a launch box for existing players, there will be a "real" one with fewer minis, dice etc.

Looking at the sprues on the store page its easy to see what minis will go on sale seperatly
Yeah, that seems reasonable for Christmas, as this one doesn't have dice or much info on painting the kits in it. Seems very much a celebratory one-off for existing players who care more about 'day 1, 9th edition' than a box set to sell to new hobbyists for the next few years. Shame on the limited numbers here though as it's really good value for all-new sculpts and mostly new units.

Serule

Oct 25, 2017
Looks like preorders are not up in US yet. Do I have time wrong? (10AM EST) or do we not know?

Repgnar

Nov 4, 2017
Should be 10 PST/12 CST. I called my FLGS and asked if they were taking preorders yesterday after work. They said they were starting Saturday but the lady let me go ahead and do it yesterday. Only ordered one and have every intention of using it. Think I'm gonna focus on some terrain painting these next weeks so the wife and I can play that weekend.

evanswolves

Oct 27, 2017
This was an utter shit show, managed to get both of the LE Novels, then went to elementgames for the boxset only to see they were selling for full price, went looking elsewhere and everywhere was gone!
Thankfully there should be a second wave in August, so fingers crossed for then!

OP
OP
Gareth

Gareth

Oct 25, 2017
Norn Iron
Don't remember seeing anything like it before for Warhammer pre-orders. Every store I went to crashed, even GW initially.

Oct 26, 2017
Don't remember seeing anything like it before for Warhammer pre-orders. Every store I went to crashed, even GW initially.
ya, it really is the best box ever.
full rule book, 6 hq character kits (35$ each) with ETB kits as the rest.
box parted out might net a reseller 600 usd in sales.

IMHO, its resellers gobbling mostly EVERYTHING up.

theres programs now that allow resellers to bypass the limits.

Bizazedo

Oct 28, 2017
The game is getting bigger and bigger. It's almost kind of weird.

Would be interested in knowing the multitude of why's, although I am happy for it.

(Or, per above post, RESELLERS lol :( )

Oct 26, 2017
I'm going to try and grab 2 at noon. Just gotta figure out what to do with the extra big honkin' rulebook I don't need. I need those Necrons for my new army that I shouldn't be building since I'm already doing Tyranids as my 2nd.

Kharnete

Has Hecht’s Number
Oct 25, 2017
We finally managed to get all the boxes we wanted, between our FLGS and the fucking Big Hobby Chain Store, but only two in English while we wanted 6 non-translated. Still, in Spain there were no boxes left anywhere one hour after they dropped. It's madness.

I'll finally get two Space Marines parts, although I may not glue the Intercessor backpacks, as I can totally smell some Jumpack version in the future.

Oct 26, 2017
We finally managed to get all the boxes we wanted, between our FLGS and the fucking Big Hobby Chain Store, but only two in English while we wanted 6 non-translated. Still, in Spain there were no boxes left anywhere one hour after they dropped. It's madness.

I'll finally get two Space Marines parts, although I may not glue the Intercessor backpacks, as I can totally smell some Jumpack version in the future.
I dunno, i think the full kit will offer

combat shield with heavy bolt pistol or chainsword.
where combat shield gives +1 to armor save, and a 6+ invuln

Tallshortman

Oct 29, 2017
Good lord if GW fucks this up in the US...

Welp thank god I managed to secure a copy from my FLGS just now. No more waiting on GW's website now.

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2017
I still don't see it. Any second now...lol

tenor.gif

OK. Getting a little nervous now....

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2017
theres def going to be a reprint.

It selling out, and most normal hobbiest unable to get it, unless they pay the absurd resellers +50% mark ups.

im guessing GW is going to make a statement tomorrow.

this shit is not acceptable, im not even getting the boxset, I just want those who want it to have the ability tog et it

Tallshortman

Oct 29, 2017
Wow officially sold out now. I did see a rumor that they're doing an August reprint, we'll see. GW really fucked up if they don't do something about this, they should have limited it to 2 purchases per address and made way more copies available.

Oct 26, 2017
Wow officially sold out now. I did see a rumor that they're doing an August reprint, we'll see. GW really fucked up if they don't do something about this, they should have limited it to 2 purchases per address and made way more copies available.
they really need to do a timed quantity roll out, X available every 10 minutes as a way to curb resellers/bots that gobble up the stock in a second.

Deleted member 32679

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 12, 2017
As a massive fan of the lore but have never touched or painted any of the miniatures that box looks awesome. I would buy a statue or figurine of a Custodes in a heartbeat though.

Tallshortman

Oct 29, 2017
If retailers were doing this I guarantee GW would be taking action. They need to go after scalpers. Best way is just simply to produce so many scalpers can't compete with wholesale.

OP
OP
Gareth

Gareth

Oct 25, 2017
Norn Iron
Reading here that they reduced the pre-order limit to 1 in the US and it was still sold out in a flash. It was originally going to be 6, then 3.