dabri

Nov 2, 2017
Is this on Mac too (through steam)? I can't seem to get this info anywhere. I have it ordered on my switch already but if it's playable on mac, I'll double dip.

Andri

Mar 20, 2018
Switzerland
Is this on Mac too (through steam)? I can't seem to get this info anywhere. I have it ordered on my switch already but if it's playable on mac, I'll double dip.

Currently no as far as we know.
The Steam site has no Mac listed, and no Mac sys requisites, which they usualy do for mac supported games.

Its probably just not worth the effort in making the port, since its a fairly niche game and Mac Gaming is just small(latest Steam survey puts it around 3%).

But 6/10 of Chucklefishes games on steam have a Mac version, so it might come later on.

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Decided to preload the game on my Switch. It's pretty rare for me to preorder games but I just have a feeling this one will be special (hopefully lol).

Anyone know if we can share levels on different consoles?

Metal B

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I really hope, the games goes more into the direction of Days of Ruin and not Dual Strike. I hated, how Dual Strike became too much focused on special powers and not placement of units. Wargroove seen to take the series into the next logical direction and have "hero" units with special abilities.

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
Anybody know if Switch supports touch for map/campain editor ?

Also why is it exactly that indies often undervalue/price themselves ?
16€ is a fantastic price no doubt, but the content and care put into this makes it worth at least 30€.
"$30 for this?? Should be $10 at the most."

That's your answer.

FolderBrad

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like when they first showed this game, the sprites were a little simpler. Now they seem a lot more busy and something is lost?

Am I crazy?

RedShift

Oct 27, 2017
Crossposting from the other thread: suuuuuuuper psyched for this to come out.

So, story time: a long time ago, I was part of the Advance Wars fandom (grew up on AW Bunker, moved to Wars Central for a while, etc.) Anyway, part of the fandom was working on a game called "Custom Wars" that was meant to be a free version of the games with things like new factions, units, a campaign editor, etc. It got decently far in development (at least after a real team started working on it - its first iteration turned out to be one guy trolling the fandom for months) but eventually died out. I was incredibly excited for it for a long time, so it means a lot to me to see a real AW spiritual successor come out that seems to do everything CW promised and more, especially given the lack of official AW games since.

I hope some of the Wargroove team used to be part of the AW scene, because I really love the idea that some of those folks I knew a decade+ ago got to work on a dream project. In any event, hats off to the whole team!

God the custom wars drama where that guy turned out to be a troll was intense. I think that was a big lesson in how not to be naive for me growing up.

Crazy to think that must have been... 14 or so years ago (?), and now we're finally getting an AW successor with custom campaigns and cutscenes.

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
Just read about the news. Excited times ahead for us Wars fans! The cutscenes are a nice bonus but what I really want are meaty maps, good unit balance, higher difficulties and possibly a scoring system/ladder. I only glanced at the twitch vod but it's looking promising!

So who's doing the OT? :P

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Simultaneously super excited, but also hesitant. Any reviews/previews out, or anything else that can reassure me this is a solid 'game with similar mechanics to other well known turn based tactics games'?

giapel

Oct 28, 2017
Going by hype alone here. Loads of content and like a medieval Advance Wars? Sold. And I haven't watched a single gameplay video.

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
Simultaneously super excited, but also hesitant. Any reviews/previews out, or anything else that can reassure me this is a solid 'game with similar mechanics to other well known turn based tactics games'?
Your average reviewer won't know what makes a strategic game with lots of decision-making involved.

I'm afraid it's up to the fans to really dig into it.

Stoof

Oct 25, 2017
Sorry if this has been asked before, but do we know if the custom maps can be used in multiplayer matches (local or otherwise)? I wasn't sure if they were single player onLy.

Ephonk

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
For Switch user, it seems that you don't need a subscription to the Nintendo Online Service to get or share user content like maps and campaigns. Yay! It's only needed to play online matches.

Confirmed by the devs on the official forums.
Goddamned, forgot I need nintendo online to play this with my pc-gaming friends. And I thought I never had to subscribe to Nintendo Online because I normally don't play online multiplayer.

At least that might give me a reason to finally finish the dark souls remaster.

GSR

Oct 25, 2017
God the custom wars drama where that guy turned out to be a troll was intense. I think that was a big lesson in how not to be naive for me growing up.

Crazy to think that must have been... 14 or so years ago (?), and now we're finally getting an AW successor with custom campaigns and cutscenes.

Ha, glad I'm not the only one who remembers that mess. Was definitely a lesson on internet for me too.

Unicorn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
With sharing, can we have teams working on the same project? Say, someone is making maps, another is laying units, someone else is placing them on the world map while also writing dialogue and scenes?

Would love to collaborate with peeps

Unicorn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
In the interest of hype, what was y'all's favorite AW maps? Here's a tried and true classic:

AW2_CL2_BeanIsland.png

As a young teen I made way too many shitty MP maps in the pursuit of something too grand and ultimately time consuming to be played.

Smaller, bite sized maps were definitely the best for getting several awesome games in on bus rides.

So good to be able to pass a single GBA around the seats on a bus in the mornings and afternoons. The bigger maps with 4+ players were so great on school trips to other parts of the state/region.

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
It's nice to know that maps/campaigns made on PC, Switch and Xbox are all shared. That's huge for me

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
In the interest of hype, what was y'all's favorite AW maps? Here's a tried and true classic:

AW2_CL2_BeanIsland.png

As a young teen I made way too many shitty MP maps in the pursuit of something too grand and ultimately time consuming to be played.

Smaller, bite sized maps were definitely the best for getting several awesome games in on bus rides.

So good to be able to pass a single GBA around the seats on a bus in the mornings and afternoons. The bigger maps with 4+ players were so great on school trips to other parts of the state/region.
The classic Spann Island.

AW2_Spann_Island.png

I spent an ungodly amount of hours trying to beat it as fast as possible experimenting with different CO strategies.

Most difficult war room map to beat with a perfect score is probably Ridge Island.

09_Ridge_Island.png

Grit is a real bastard.

Bii

Oct 25, 2017
Split on whether I wanted to get it for PC or Switch. Decided to go with the latter for its portability as I just pre-purchased it. :D

Radarscope1

Oct 29, 2017
I've been hearing about this one for a while and always wanted to know more. Looks super great right now. I'll wait for the community here to give impressions before biting, though.

More gameplay than you'll ever need!

Was just going to ask if there's an in depth preview anywhere and saw this. Thanks.

Flink

Oct 27, 2017
Looks great! Does anyone know if there's a way to turn off the voices, however? Not a fan of them, and they will grate at me over time.