Shadownet

Oct 29, 2017
I shower before and after if possible. But yeah the dude is way out of line since he's only targeting that family.

Horo

Banned
Nov 17, 2017
User Banned (3 Days): Downplaying the existence of racism based on personal experience
Might just be a stupid European here, but why are everyone jumping to the conclusion he is doing it out of racism? How do we know he isn't just some creep asking every random woman that question?

Or is: Harassing black Woman = Racism?

Squarehard

Oct 27, 2017
Might just be a stupid European here, but why are everyone jumping to the conclusion he is doing it out of racism? How do we know he isn't just some creep asking every random woman that question?
Not trying to be a dick, but many of the posts in this thread have already expressed, and explained this, so I would recommend going through every post for a clearer picture, and hopefully the answer to your question.

Not

Oct 25, 2017
US
You're supposed to shower before you go in the pool, but the dude still targeted them because he thinks black people are naturally filthy

White person jumps in he wouldn't have blinked

Jom

Oct 25, 2017
Who the fuck cares if someone showers before going into a pool when every single kid in there is peeing into the pool when you are in there?

Horo

Banned
Nov 17, 2017
Not trying to be a dick, but many of the posts in this thread have already expressed, and explained this, so I would recommend going through every post for a clearer picture, and hopefully the answer to your question.

Cant access the actual article, but does it say anywhere that she was the only person he harassed? Will promise to shut up if it does.

(edit) got it to work, looks like she was the only one. will shut up as promised.

Mars

Oct 25, 2017

Yes, the latter. As stated by posters above, had she been white, this would have never occurred. And add the fact he lied about being a health inspector after meeting some resistance.

...what's with folks always trying to find some middle ground or both sides this kind of sh*t?

Son Lamar

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Alabama
I'm sorry. I feel strongly about what I quoted and I think it is a problematic and unfair generalization, which unnecessarily sexualizes "showering" in a way I don't like.

I didn't mean to detract from the main story, or the distress this woman and her daughter felt because of that man.
I didn't mean to go "both sides" or somehow weaken her position.

I honestly just saw a quote I couldn't let go, and wanted to mention how I think a generalization like that is bad.

Her feelings in this case are not what I criticised. It was her generalization. Sorry.
Her generalization came about because of her feelings you can't ignore the context of why she felt that way tho tf bruh

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
Cant access the actual article, but does it say anywhere that she was the only person he harassed? Will promise to shut up if it does.

(edit) got it to work, looks like she was the only one. will shut up as promised.
There were others in the pool that were ignored.

Glad we have your permission to assume racism even though it was obvious as fuck.

JoeNut

Oct 27, 2017
UK
Uhh it's common practice at any swimming pool I've ever been to that you shower before you get in. I'm not disputing that this guy might have had alterior motives but, I've never been to a swimming pool in the uk where you're not encouraged to have a quick shower first

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
Yes, the latter. As stated by posters above, had she been white, this would have never occurred. And add the fact he lied about being a health inspector after meeting some resistance.

...what's with folks always trying to find some middle ground or both sides this kind of sh*t?
they don't think racism is actually a problem and is mostly imagined by Black people and SJWs

vanmardigan

Oct 27, 2017
Uhh it's common practice at any swimming pool I've ever been to that you shower before you get in. I'm not disputing that this guy might have had alterior motives but, I've never been to a swimming pool in the uk where you're not encouraged to have a quick shower first

Oh come the hell on. You really, truly believe that we are here arguing for people's rights to not shower before going into a pool? No way, can't be. I think you're better than this.

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
this is definitely a situation where I'm guessing the people defending this shithead aren't American.

Because no, people in America generally don't acost other people about whether they've fucking showered before jumping in a goddamn fucking pool. It's not a thing, at all. Get off of it.

So this guy is either a maladjusted weirdo or a racist that had a problem because he assumed she was dirty. Either way, his behavior and lies are unacceptable and that woman reacted exactly as she should have or how anyone would have.

Horo

Banned
Nov 17, 2017
There were others in the pool that were ignored.

Glad we have your permission to assume racism even though it was obvious as fuck.

I just keep being amazed that stuff like this is given so much attention in The US. Guess it must be because of all you're history with the subject.

JoeNut

Oct 27, 2017
UK
Oh come the hell on. You really, truly believe that we are here arguing for people's rights to not shower before going into a pool? No way, can't be. I think you're better than this.
I don't think you read my post. I'm not defending the guy but then I don't know the full story. If they walked out of the changing room and into the pool and the guy just flippantly asked "did you shower before you got in" I don't think it's too bad. I don't know the details. Sounds like he's just a nosy fucker, that doesn't have to mean it's racist. Maybe he is, I don't know the full story

TechnicPuppet

Oct 28, 2017
Guys a total dickhead. No doubt at all he did it because it was a black woman.

It is surprising to me that showering before going in a pool isn't the done thing in the USA. The showers here for that are usually between the changing rooms and the pool.

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
I just keep being amazed that stuff like this is given so much attention in US. Guess it must be part of all you're guys history with the subject.
Well yeah, systemic racism is something that is destroying lives, allowing bigotry to literally rule the country, and somehow it's the fault of the people that are experiencing it. Look at this very thread. People want to believe so hard that this isn't racism. They much prefer thinking racism isn't an actual problem. Meanwhile cops will continue to kill and incarcerate Blacks at a much higher rate than White folks because they somehow deserve it more, the thugs.

Keep in mind, situations like this aren't harmless. Obvious racial harassment can scar. Especially when there are kids involved. Black people can never have peace. Always got to answer for some bullshit. Pointing out these things when they happen calls out the theory that racism isn't much of a problem or doesn't even really happen which many if not most White Americans believe.

Akira86

Oct 25, 2017

cause then they have to admit they're chill with relaxing in a filthy swamp instead of a pristine pool of a society.

Odesu

Oct 26, 2017

As a fellow European I can confirm that you are stupid (though I would go for the better fitting "ignorant" instead), but not because you are European.

Cipherr

Oct 26, 2017
I don't think you read my post. I'm not defending the guy but then I don't know the full story. If they walked out of the changing room and into the pool and the guy just flippantly asked "did you shower before you got in" I don't think it's too bad. I don't know the details. Sounds like he's just a nosy fucker, that doesn't have to mean it's racist. Maybe he is, I don't know the full story

Maybe take a few minutes and read the thread before offering input based on zero information? If you have to say 3 times in a post that you don't even know what happened, maybe take a moment....

Deleted member 2171

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Is it common practice for white people to get repeatedly questioned if they showered or not?

Mammoth Jones

Oct 25, 2017
New York
Is he asking every single person as part of his job? Or other lyrics asking the two Black people there because he's assuming we don't wash our asses?

Son Lamar

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Alabama
Well read the damn story the article is posted otherwise stop making excuses for him

And tbh all you ppl defending seems to be doing so because deep down you feel the same as him

kickz

Nov 3, 2017
Been on the list
Motel-manager-pouring-acidCU_1964-2.jpg

If superheros were real, Deadpool would've come out the bushes and shot that dude straight in the head

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
Is he asking every single person as part of his job? Or other lyrics asking the two Black people there because he's assuming we don't wash our asses?
Option 2.
If you think it's ok as a stranger to go up to a woman and a child and ask if they bathed, ignoring for the moment that he only targeted the Black family, wouldn't leave them alone, they were already in the pool, and lied about being an inspector, then I'm not sure you're going to understand the problem people have anyway.

JoeNut

Oct 27, 2017
UK
I've read it, I thought there must've been more to be honest.
The guys a Dick. I'm not sure you can say he's racist, he's just a dick. Not once did he mention race at all, he's just a nosy weirdo, I don't really understand what race has to do with it.

skillzilla81

"This guy are sick"
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The guys a Dick. I'm not sure you can say he's racist, he's just a dick. Not once did he mention race at all, he's just a nosy weirdo, I don't really understand what race has to do with it.

That's not surprising at all. Tons of people like you see racism every day and just assume people are "dicks."

Easier to ignore it that way.

Mammoth Jones

Oct 25, 2017
New York

The fact that he ONLY questioned the two Black people there and not the other white people using the pool and lied about being an authority figure is what makes it about race.

Yes, that's why the guy asking her had to lie that he's a health inspector.

White guy lies to black woman about being a health inspector in order to ask her if she showered.

Yeah, SHE brought race into it.

Yea, why did dude SPECIFICALLY ask her? Unless he is literally asking everyone this is a bigoted asshole. The end.

The folks saying "Well you should shower" No shit but why is the default assumption for a Black person that we don't do that? Why ask in the first place? I always washed my ass in my hotel room then went down and hopped in the pool.

This is some BBQ Becky Bullshit. Mind your fucking business. This isn't 1718. Black bodies aren't your God damned concern anymore. Fuckers always want to be an authority figure.

Mammoth Jones

Oct 25, 2017
New York
That's not surprising at all. Tons of people like you see racism every day and just assume people are "dicks."

Easier to ignore it that way.

Preach. Then when folks point it out act like they don't comprehend. Maybe just trust us when we tell ya. Unless of course you think we are wrong about racism. And you would know that from your most likely decades of homogeneous life experience lmao...

vanmardigan

Oct 27, 2017

Dude didn't mention race, therefore not a racist. Case closed. What a blissful world you live in.

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
You speak like far too many White Americans. Racism isn't always white hoods and the N word. It's usually done by people that target, profile, and discriminate against people that look different than they do. 100% this wouldn't have happened if they were White. In fact, there were White people around that it did't happen to.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Just a dick boys will be boys, locker-room talk etc.

You can be a dick AND a racist...

skillzilla81

"This guy are sick"
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Preach. Then when folks point it out act like they don't comprehend. Maybe just trust us when we tell ya. Unless of course you think we are wrong about racism. And you would know that from your most likely decades of homogeneous life experience lmao...

Or they'll accuse us of thinking everything is racism.

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
Or they'll accuse us of thinking everything is racism.
It's nice not ever having to think about race. That's what it amounts to. When you spend your entire life not thinking about being White, not wondering if people are judging you, discriminating against you, thinking differently of you, treating you different, even talking to you differently, simply because of your skin color, you start to think there really isn't a problem there because you've never seen it. It's kind of amazing, I have a family member that actually says "slavery is over get over it" but didn't like that his daughter was dating a Black man. I kid you not.

vanmardigan

Oct 27, 2017
I'm sure JoeNut will not post here again, but how do you read a story about a white man who lied about his occupation to stalk a black woman and her daughter around a pool asking if they showered while ignoring white pool patrons and be like "yeah, dude was a dick, but a racist? Eh". How?! Seriously, how?!

Kingpin Rogers

HILF
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Seeing some people say the guy might not be racist? The only way race wouldn't be involved is if the woman was visibly incredibly dirty and smelt like literal garbage. It's not normal to go and ask random people if they've showered or not.

Mammoth Jones

Oct 25, 2017
New York
It's nice not ever having to think about race. That's what it amounts to. When you spend your entire life not thinking about being White, not wondering if people are judging you, discriminating against you, thinking differently of you, treating you different, even talking to you differently, simply because of your skin color, you start to think there really isn't a problem there because you've never seen it.

Exactly. And it's not an issue of "victim mentality". It's just come the fuck on?! Dude ONLY asks the Black woman and her kid? I bet his punk ass would ask some Deebo looking mofo that shit. Nope. He'd be like "hello sir. Mighty fine weather we're having".

No one saying this isn't about race got an answer why he only do that to a Black person. Not a peep about that shit.

Last edited: