maruchan

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Is this maphisto in the Loki trailer? Connection to mcu?
loki-trailer-mephisto.jpg

AtmaPhoenix

Oct 25, 2017
The Internet
The production and casting announcements made it clear that she's playing Monica. "Geraldine" is just some fake name being used for the sitcom reality bubble - I assume. There could be some other meaning behind that name. But in-universe, we know it's Monica.

EDIT: Oh, but to answer your question, no, I don't think anyone has actually called her Monica yet.
1) We know who she is from the comics
2) The cast interviews for the series have been very clear about who the actress is portraying and that's "Monica ________"
3) On investor's day, where future Marvel projects were shown, Kevin Feige presented her :v

But the show proper will reveal it in due time, I think :D

Oh okay. I've legit sort of stopped keeping up with casting announcements and such, so I was just a little confused and wanted to make sure I hadn't missed something in the show itself.

Oct 28, 2017
I like how seamlessly the show moves from sitcom camera angles into modern dramatic angles. The shows tone turns on a dime and there's this impending sense of doom undercutting it all. It's a great credit to the writers and directors.

wwm0nkey

Oct 25, 2017
I like how seamlessly the show moves from sitcom camera angles into modern dramatic angles. The shows tone turns on a dime and there's this impending sense of doom undercutting it all. It's a great credit to the writers and directors.
Yup, love that you can tell shit is about to go down when you see that slight shift in filming styles

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I have a new theory after making that Twilight Zone It's a Good Life joke

What if the ones who got trapped in there unwillingly don't know what happens to you when you get disappeared by her? What if Ralph broke character and either got disappeared or something horrible happened and that's why we never see him and why Agnes is so shook about the neighbor saying something

Oct 25, 2017
Houston
Ermm....how is Vision even in this show?

He is dead.....

Is he just being conjured up by Wanda's powers?

He seems pretty automatous of Wanda when he is off on his own, at the library or talking to the neighbors.

WHO IS THIS IMPOSTER
naw b/c the world still follows her rules when she's not even around. the weird memory loss near the hedges and the world just going about it's business til either Vision or Wanda shows up

Inquisitive_Ghost

Cranky Ghost Pokemon
Oct 26, 2017
When Wanda first paints the stork on the wall, it's an image of a stork on the wall.

When she first hears it making noises and peeks into the room, you can see that the stork is missing from the image. It's a while silhouette where the tip of the beak should be, as though the painting has come alive and walked off the wall.

When the stork then "hides" by standing perfectly in front of the painting, the painting of the stork is back on the wall, alongside the actual stork in front of it.

When Geraldine says "You're pregnant?!", the image of the stork is a white silhouette again.

I have no idea if it means anything. Might legitimately be an error.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Houston
- There is a conspicuous technological barrier around Westview which doesn't seem like something of Wanda's doing. Perhaps she has been captured by Hydra however because she is so powerful has taken control more or less. I don't know what Agnes/Ralphs game is but they know what's going on. With "for the children" it seems like they all want them: Hydra wants more powerful soldiers at least and it would make sense they are trying to get more like Wanda and Pietro
the barrier looks either Mysterio tech or just flood lights to make the edge of the reality warping visible so you don't just accidently walk into it

Cuburger

Oct 28, 2017
The Mephisto stuff is so obvious now that I think it's a misdirect. Wanda's doing this and is the big bad (I think).
I wouldn't say it's all obvious. For one, people on the internet are looking for it due to the comic source material, as well as attempting to connect the dots for other easter eggs. Also, some people may be connecting dots that are just coincidental. Apparently the real clock radio is missing a 6 and the real toaster has the designs that look like upside down sixes. The choice of those products may be deliberate, but it could just as easily be fans seeing what they want to see.

Another thing is that most of this potential foreshadowing would get lost on casual viewers and likely would only be there for Marvel fans or for people to notice on rewatch after a reveal that Mephisto is there. I don't see the point in hinting a red herring only for comic fans who would also be the most disappointed that he didn't show up after deliberate hinting considering the comic storyline they are taking inspiration from.

I think that either we are getting hints and he'll be involved in some form, or people have been off and he won't, not that Marvel has been teasing Mephisto to then not have him appear. Besides, at this point it wouldn't be a surprise that Wanda is behind it all, especially for causal viewers, since we have been clued into Wanda controlling much of the reality and this episode showing a more sinister side of her. It would be anti-climactic if they are teasing there are other forces at play and the big reveal is that there aren't.

Black_Stride

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
There is no villain.

This is all Wanda.
Shes lost it at some point somewhere during a mission in this town and has locked it up in a pocket universe.

Considering what S.W.O.R.D is in the MCU.
Wanda is the sentient weapon they are investigating right now.

SCUMMbag

Prophet of Truth - Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
This episode was much better. They really should have released all three last week. That would have been a much stronger opening.

mbpm

Oct 25, 2017
I went and watched one of those minute long trailers for the show on twitter and definitely saw a line I did not want to see yet. Welp, just reinforces why I shouldn't look at those yet

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
I know this is a simple question relative to everything else but how is Vision alive in this when he's dead at the end of Endgame lol. Multiverse right? Or something else?

LinkStrikesBack

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I know this is a simple question relative to everything else but how is Vision alive in this when he's dead at the end of Endgame lol. Multiverse right? Or something else?

We don't know yet. Could not be alive at all, and the vision we see is entirely created by Wanda. He definitely died at the climax of infinity war though.

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
Wanda to Geraldine after she mentioned Ultron
ARam.gif

Loved that Wanda mentioned Pietro gain and I don't know if this happened for anyone else but after I let the whole runtime end after the credits and everything Disney + decided to play Age of Ultron next. Please tell me that was intentional.
It put Marvel's Legends for me so a bit random.

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
The aspect ratio change was one of the best this shit is on moments

Just watching the image widen while on a close up of Wanda was like ohhh fuck... made her scary beyond scary

Tuorom

Oct 30, 2017
the barrier looks either Mysterio tech or just flood lights to make the edge of the reality warping visible so you don't just accidently walk into it
It has a blue kindof wired look to it. It also kind of reminds me of TV static, which would fit with Wanda constructing a TV sitcom lifestyle.

The blue electrical, techy look makes me think it is from another entity (such as AIM) because I would assume anything she makes would have a red motif (which we see when Monica is thrown out)

mbpm

Oct 25, 2017
A little thing I find interesting is that Monica kept her clothes upon being ejected. I guess the makeup/fabric is real in WandaWorld and not just temporary wrappings.

Gawge

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, enjoyed this episode.

I liked 1 and 2, but in more of a curiosity way, and being part of the MCU (and knowing more was to come) meant I stuck with it.

Agree that they should probably have thrown the first 3 out together. It's only after the third that I'm actually hooked rather than just curious (and waiting because I knew it would get into something else). Wonder if people who don't read as much about it online etc... watched the first (and maybe the second) after it popped up on their Disney+ feed and just thought it was something weird and not for them.

Bentendo24

Feb 20, 2020

Curious what y'all make of the data here. The show doesn't seem to be making that big of a splash, at least compared to other big tentpole streaming offerings, especially when you take into consideration the mind numbing, record breaking budget that is behind it

Deleted member 19782

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Curious what y'all make of the data here. The show doesn't seem to be making that big of a splash, at least compared to other big tentpole streaming offerings, especially when you take into consideration the mind numbing, record breaking budget that is behind it

Disappointing news. I don't want it to affect the budget of the next shows.

UnderSiege

Mar 5, 2019

Comparing the first four days of availability, WandaVision is not living up to the incredible demand precedent set by The Mandalorian, per Parrot's data, but is nevertheless performing strongly (in the top .2% of shows in the U.S. and around the world).
Sounds about like I would expect. Better even? I don't know how good 'top .2%' actually is. WandaVision is a less accessible show than Mando, and doesn't have baby Yoda. It doesn't have the immediate pop-cultural hook that Mando had. So, yeah. I don't know if Falcon and the Winter Soldier will have that either, by the way. Yes, that show will be way more accessible than WandaVision, but I don't see that rising to Mando level hype either.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017

As such, we're combing through a handful of third-party data
2898786-3799934037-23350.png

This is just like all those other useless articles that are written about Netflix ratings that have no basis in reality. They always source a third party that has some magic way of guessing at ratings. Never take these things seriously. Netflix and Disney don't make ratings available to third parties unless they put it out in a press release. There's no "guesswork" to make.

Bufbaf

Don't F5!
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg, Germany

It'll have its views tripled when it's clear what the bigger implications on the MCU are, and that you will "have to see it" to understand The Next Marvel Movie In Cinemas 2021 :p

(honestly though I really think it's a slow but constant and neverending burn and will only make more money over time for D+)

Wrexis

Nov 4, 2017
I wonder if the black and white element hurts it with a younger audience?

Anyway after the most recent episode, yeah Wanda is the main "villain" - there's no Mephisto or anything too crazy.
I'm guessing SWORD agents were assigned to discreetly watch her, she had a mental breakdown (which admittedly could have been influenced - AIM?) and somehow brought back Vision. Now she's fighting to keep him and their new life, and the SWORD agents are trapped.

Last edited:

Plasma

Oct 25, 2017
Enjoyed that more than the first two episodes. I get a real uneasy feeling whenever something goes "wrong" in this show that I don't think I've had watching a TV show since Twin Peaks when Bob would show up.

Oct 25, 2017
Arizona
I always kinda wondered just how big of a draw MCU TV would be. I don't think the draw is there as much as it is for Star Wars, and unless they go full Avengers-tier I don't think they can match Mandalorian. I think long term we'll see the MCU skew more towards film, and Star Wars towards TV.

TheKeyPit

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
This must have been mentioned already: People keep talking about the hexagons...

and we have seen a beekeeper...

KelleyBeekeeping-seotool-19912-AGuideTo-BlogBanner1.jpg

This "whatever-it-is-illusion" might be only ONE of the beekeeper's hives.

Aprikurt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
I thought one of the perks of the MCU being so big now was that we could have some lower-key things that don't need to set the world on fire.

Not saying Wanda will be that as it's clearly ramping up, but y'know.

UnderSiege

Mar 5, 2019
I always kinda wondered just how big of a draw MCU TV would be. I don't think the draw is there as much as it is for Star Wars, and unless they go full Avengers-tier I don't think they can match Mandalorian. I think long term we'll see the MCU skew more towards film, and Star Wars towards TV.
I doubt that. Internationally, the MCU is more popular than Star Wars, and I don't really see all of the Star Wars shows doing as good as Mando either. I think Disney+ will need a steady amount of Marvel, regardless of whether it reaches baby Yoda level hype all the time.

Aprikurt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
I mean Endgame kind of trashed the most recent big Star Wars film so I really don't know where you're getting that from.
The way the whole vibe changes when she says "I'm a twin" is amazing.
The Sokovian lullaby was so unsettling

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
Fuuuuck, that was a fantastic episode.

I wish they had shown all three last week 'cus this one really helps sell the concept of the show.

Aprikurt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
I didn't say Marvel had less appeal, just that it had less appeal in this particular medium due to differing expectations and audiences. Unless they're going to be putting their A plots out as shows, which they won't.
They're based on serialised comic books.........

Plus Wandavision is confirmed to tie in directly with Doctor Strange 2 and Spider-Man 3, two of their biggest upcoming films.