Richiek

Nov 2, 2017
The impact of covid on the last episode filming is also something I am interested in. How much had to be changed last minute due to logistical concerns?

I'm guessing they were not able to get Kat Dennings for that last episode. She was barely in it and the line about "not liking debriefings" was awkward.

Gay Bowser

Oct 30, 2017
www.salon.com

"WandaVision" concludes by giving Martin Scorsese the MCU film he always wanted

The Disney+ series ends with a ho-hum battle, but the real bang has always been in its intense cinematic moments

I like a lot of what's said here. As much as I love the MCU, I wish we could get more intense character drama like we had in WandaVision. I need time for it to digest, but this is up there with my favorite things that has come from the MCU.
Same. It's clear that some people in this thread aren't ready for it, what with all the "Monica doesn't even beat up anybody! She just talks about her mom's death!" takes. But I'm glad that we got to see a Marvel story that didn't revolve around action. The lives of these characters are rife with drama (seriously, how many times has Wanda had to see Vision die now?) so I'm glad there's room in the universe for a series that explores that and isn't all fistfights and lasers.

demosthenes

Oct 25, 2017
Doctor Strange and the entire Mystic Order, Captain Marvel, Ant-Man, Falcon, Winter Soldier, Spider-Man, Hulk, all the Asgardians on Earth, War-Machine, Nick Fury, etc.

Doctor Strange has bigger shit to worry about. He's been gone for 5 years, he has his own work to do.

Captain Marvel probably left Earth already. Half the life in the universe just came back and she's spent the last 20 years helping people in the galaxy.

Ant-Man - Wants to be with his family.

Falcon / WS, we're about to find out what they're doing.

Spider-Man - What? Why would he care about this?

Hulk is the only person who might have some semblance of trying to form some type of Avengers.

Asgardians on Earth - they probably got out asap.

War-Machine - Similar to Hulk.

Nick Fury - Trying to figure out what's going on with Earth and Thanos.

I just don't really know what you expect this group to do when we know this was mostly kept under wraps and a week tops. None of these people know what's happened and likely won't know for some time.

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta GA
it's almost like we already forgot that Fury/Talos was forced to go with the fuckin' dorky high schooler that no one likes to save the world because he had no other options

Watchtower

Oct 27, 2017
Given that the events of Wandavision took place over, what, a couple of days at most(?) in a town nobody knew existed any more, it's actually not that surprising that nobody came looking to see what was going on. I wouldn't be surprised at all if Wanda somehow masked the Hex from sorcerers, as well. Perhaps Agatha being a witch was somehow a loophole and the only reason she was even aware of the Hex at all.

Based on the overall pacing I'd put the overall timeline at between 1-2 weeks.

And it may very well be that Agatha's witchcraft and Wanda's Chao Magic are a different form of magic system than Dr. Strange's sorcery. Even with the more mystical take on Strange's abilities in Infinity War and Endgame Agatha and Wanda are clearly operating their magics in different ways.

If people find that off-putting they better gear up for when Hercules shows up and confirms that every mythology actually exists together.

Deleted member 85465

User-requested account closure
Banned
Nov 12, 2020
Overall I liked the show, the strongest episode for me was the 8th episode, but because I connected a lot with a scene.

The last episode was kind of a mess, it seems that the goodbye scene was written since the first draft, but how to get there naturally wasn't, Wanda an her family leave the town center to go to the house, the scene finishes and Wanda comes back to the town center where everyone is still in place to talk to Monica for some reason, but before that Wanda opens the hex so that the town people can escape, people running is shown but when Wanda closes it, all the town people are still in the town center.

It seems that a lot of rewrites of the climax happened, but I could be wrong, the show is still a solid above average MCU stuff for me.

As a lot of people here have pointed out the message to the audience is kind of muddled, yes Wanda did some despicable stuff, the town hates her at the end, but there it is Monica kind of letting Wanda go on without condemning her actions.

Can´t help but think that this show is a set up for Wanda becoming a villain or antihero with a future white vision vs Wanda confrontation, I would prefer for that to not to be the case and Wanda to be rehabilitated, surpassing her trauma and trying to make amends for what she did, since I believe just killing the character doesn't help anyone, rehabilitation is the way or worst case jail.

Though legally speaking unless the MCU universe already has telepathy mind control as a felony or some kind of penalty written in law, Wanda could get scott free anyways, nullum crimen, nulla poena sine praevia lege after all.

Qikz

Oct 25, 2017
One question I have is if everything the hex created disappears/reverts in the end, how come Monica still has her powers?

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta GA
Good call. They'll probably continue that story in the new Secret Wars show.

Monica will definitely be in Secret Invasion after that scene, could be that Fury's team starts to form there and we even meet Quake & others.

One question I have is if everything the hex created disappears/reverts in the end, how come Monica still has her powers?

She got her powers by being exposed to the cosmic radiation of the hex multiple times, not from the effects of the hex's various spells itself.

Qikz

Oct 25, 2017
Monica will definitely be in Secret Invasion after that scene, could be that Fury's team starts to fork there and we even meet Quake & others.

She got her powers by being exposed to the cosmic radiation of the hex multiple times, not from the effects of the hex's various spells itself.

I guess that makes sense, thanks!

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Darcy explains that. Her repeated travels through the Hex re-wrote her cells at a molecular level. She has superpowers now not because of the Hex, but because of what the Hex did to her body.

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
I'm seeing friends on facebook wanting more of this series, but like that's not going to happen. This was like an origin story, and now that she's aware she isn't going to repeat that control over a whole town.

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Based on the overall pacing I'd put the overall timeline at between 1-2 weeks.

And it may very well be that Agatha's witchcraft and Wanda's Chao Magic are a different form of magic system than Dr. Strange's sorcery. Even with the more mystical take on Strange's abilities in Infinity War and Endgame Agatha and Wanda are clearly operating their magics in different ways.

If people find that off-putting they better gear up for when Hercules shows up and confirms that every mythology actually exists together.

I feel like we kinda need this before Gorr the God Butcher goes around killing all the gods. The MCU thus far has only really shown us the Asgardians pantheon and spent a lot of time painting them as super advanced aliens rather than divine beings, so a lot of work needs to be done to really give the God Butcher storyline the gravitas it deserves.

ratcliffja

Oct 28, 2017
I'm seeing friends on facebook wanting more of this series, but like that's not going to happen. This was like an orgin story, and now that she's aware she isn't going to repeat that control over a whole town.
I think a sequel series exploring White Vision and Wanda's struggle to contain her powers could be interesting.

Ignatz Mouse

Oct 27, 2017
You, uh, do realise that what happened in Westview wasn't exactly broadcast on TV, right? Unless I'm misremembering, SWORD had the place locked down within a day and Hayward didn't want anyone outside to know what was happening there. His whole elaborate plan was to use Wanda to activate White Vision, then claim to the world that she brought him back online, because it would have been illegal for Hayward to do it himself. That way SWORD gets their own sentient weapon and nobody asks any questions about where they got it.

The in universe explanation of nobody else showing up was something I tried not to think about from early on. It's completely implausible, but that's the price is shared continuity stories.

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta GA
I'm seeing friends on facebook wanting more of this series, but like that's not going to happen. This was like an origin story, and now that she's aware she isn't going to repeat that control over a whole town.

I mean there's definitely not gonna be a "WandaVision Season 2" but I wouldn't be surprised if they decide to continue the arc with another Disney+ series. I'm absolutely not expecting Doctor Strange 2 to resolve everything in Wanda's arc, just to further explain the nature of the Darkhold and her relationship with its creator and to get the kids back.

The reception has been very strong for this show, and not just because it's more MCU. Wouldn't be surprised if a Scarlet Witch and The Vision series gets announced in the next year. But for now bits and pieces of this story will continue in Doctor Strange, Secret Invasion/Captain Marvel 2, Armor Wars and other shows/movies.

ratcliffja

Oct 28, 2017
I mean there's definitely not gonna be a "WandaVision Season 2" but I wouldn't be surprised if they decide to continue the arc with another Disney+ series. I'm absolutely not expecting Doctor Strange 2 to resolve everything in Wanda's arc, just to further explain the nature of the Darkhold and her relationship with its creator and to get the kids back.

The reception has been very strong for this show, and not just because it's more MCU. Wouldn't be surprised if a Scarlet Witch and The Vision series gets announced in the next year. But for now bits and pieces of this story will continue in Doctor Strange, Secret Invasion/Captain Marvel 2, Armor Wars and other shows/movies.
I bet they change the creator to Nightmare. His realm might be where the kids are.

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The in universe explanation of nobody else showing up was something I tried not to think about from early on. It's completely implausible, but that's the price is shared continuity stories.
I dunno. The only one who would detect it is Doctor Strange, and they can easily explain that away by saying he was busy in the multiverse, captured, or even just aware of the situation and allowed the events to unfold because he looked to the future and identified that this was something that needed to happen (like Endgame). Very easy to hand-wave Strange.

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta GA
I bet they change the creator to Nightmare. His realm might be where the kids are.

If Wanda was actually dreaming when she accidentally created the Hex I think Nightmare would be involved but I think the Darkhold means this is specifically gonna be more about Chthon attempting to possess her than anything else.

The Darkhold contains knowledge to access the Limbo dimension, I think that's where the kids were calling out to her from

Either way we got cool demon shit coming to the MCU

ratcliffja

Oct 28, 2017
If Wanda was actually dreaming when she accidentally created the Hex I think Nightmare would be involved but I think the Darkhold means this is specifically gonna be more about Chthon attempting to possess her than anything else.

The Darkhold contains knowledge to access the Limbo dimension, I think that's where the kids were calling out to her from
I thought the line about the town living her nightmares was a nod.

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
I think a sequel series exploring White Vision and Wanda's struggle to contain her powers could be interesting.

Oh I agree and I told them not to worry...this is Disney and look at star wars. They will utilize this IP heavily.

I really think the format of a limited series for a unique format will allow for creative freedom. Too often american TV shows get into 6+ seasons of the same thing and it just does because it gets old.

Ignatz Mouse

Oct 27, 2017
I dunno. The only one who would detect it is Doctor Strange, and they can easily explain that away by saying he was busy in the multiverse, captured, or even just aware of the situation and allowed the events to unfold because he looked to the future and identified that this was something that needed to happen (like Endgame). Very easy to hand-wave Strange.

Jimmy detected it. He called SWORD. If he can, presumably somebody else can. And once SWORD sets up camp, somebody now going to notice *that*.

The scene with the cops implied that there's some local mind trickery afoot that keeps the locals just outside from noticing, yet it doesn't affect Monica of anyone who shows up later.

You can mentally fill in rules to explain these things, or you can just say "it's a show" and get on with enjoying it despite the implausibly.

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Jimmy detected it. He called SWORD. If he can, presumably somebody else can. And once SWORD sets up camp, somebody now going to notice *that*.

The scene with the cops implied that there's some local mind trickery afoot that keeps the locals just outside from noticing, yet it doesn't affect Monica of anyone who shows up later.

You can mentally fill in rules to explain these things, or you can just say "it's a show" and get on with enjoying it despite the implausibly.
Jimmy didn't detect it, he had a contact in Westview who went dark so he showed up to investigate. After that SWORD showed up and was running the show and keeping it quiet.

Really no mental fill-in required here. It's not like Winter Soldier where it was kinda weird for Cap to never call any buddies besides Natasha.

Ignatz Mouse

Oct 27, 2017
Jimmy didn't detect it, he had a contact in Westview who went dark so he showed up to investigate. After that SWORD showed up and was running the show and keeping it quiet.

Really no mental fill-in required here. It's not like Winter Soldier where it was kinda weird for Cap to never call any buddies besides Natasha.

By "detect it" I mean he was aware of the field once he arrived. Any other passer by would have as well. The bit with the cops seems to have been an attempt to explain why nobody noticed, except Jimmy did. If he noticed a missing contact, wouldn't relatives of Westview also notice? Wouldn't anyone driving in that road notice? Wouldn't any delivery truck with a stop scheduled notice? There's nothing special about Jimmy versus any of these other people.

And I said it's no big deal, I just turned my mind off about it, until it gets brought up here.

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
By "detect it" I mean he was aware of the field once he arrived. Any other passer by would have as well. The bit with the cops seems to have been an attempt to explain why nobody noticed, except Jimmy did. If he noticed a missing contact, wouldn't relatives of Westview also notice? Wouldn't anyone driving in that road notice? Wouldn't any delivery truck with a stop scheduled notice? There's nothing special about Jimmy versus any of these other people.

And I said it's no big deal, I just turned my mind off about it, until it gets brought up here.

You have to remember that, as Agatha said, the Hex was broken. It wasn't created properly, so there are inherent inconsistencies in its design - such as locals not even being able to see Westview, let alone remember it was there, despite the fact Woo and Monica could see the sign and the town. I assume anyone with any deep connection to the people of Westview can't see it/them or remember it/them, but Woo only had a professional relationship with his witness so he could still see it all.

DazzlerIE

Oct 25, 2017
Didn't realize COVID impacted on the filming of the finale, Kat Dennings lack of screen time felt really odd when watching

ThatCrazyGuy

Nov 27, 2017
I wonder if they are gonna try to dovetail the fear/hate the WV townspeople currently have for Wanda into why a lot humanity is going to fear/hate mutants, whenever they get to that.

Ignatz Mouse

Oct 27, 2017
You have to remember that, as Agatha said, the Hex was broken. It wasn't created properly, so there are inherent inconsistencies in its design - such as locals not even being able to see Westview, let alone remember it was there, despite the fact Woo and Monica could see the sign and the town. I assume anyone with any deep connection to the people of Westview can't see it/them or remember it/them, but Woo only had a professional relationship with his witness so he could still see it all.

I only brought this up as to why it was implausible that word of the anomaly didn't spread. Truck drivers, people driving that road, and eventually when it turns red, anyone flying overhead.

As I said, you can mentally fill in explanations for it, or you can move on and enjoy the show. I find it word that people are so attached to the show that they'd go through hoops rather than note it as an inconsistency and move along.

Kinthey

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
it's almost like we already forgot that Fury/Talos was forced to go with the fuckin' dorky high schooler that no one likes to save the world because he had no other options
XoH3z8G.gif

Didn't realize COVID impacted on the filming of the finale, Kat Dennings lack of screen time felt really odd when watching

Definitely felt like she should have had at least one more scene with Monica and Jimmy

Foltzie

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
How many days does this show cover? Seven maybe eight?

No media on site even at the end.

GreenMamba

Oct 25, 2017

Everyone with a personal connection of any sort to Westview had their memories of it altered/wiped. It wasn't until Woo went there did any outsiders know anything wrong had happened and within a day of Monica falling into the hex SWORD set up base there and was presumably covering it up.

Cuburger

Oct 28, 2017
I have to mention, since I've seen lots of people mention it and it seemingly going over people's heads, but when Wanda and Agatha are having their magic laser sky battle, it's not really a battle at all. It's not only a reference to how we've seen Wanda use her powers in the past by throwing blasts of energy, but Wanda is distracting Agatha by making her think she's taunting her to absorb her power or actually trying to fight her when every time that Wanda misses, that is her actually casting a rune on one of the Hex "walls". We see her blasts hit the walls but they are mostly obscured by clouds after that until the final reveal that there are runes there.

Cuburger

Oct 28, 2017

I counted only two from the day Monica entered the Hex to the night that Wanda returned the drone and Fietro appeared when I was tracking a couple weeks ago. I'd have to go back, but I think that the expansion of the Hex is the same night, then when we see Monica trying to enter the Hex is the next day, so I think its like 3 days and 2 nights.

Ignatz Mouse

Oct 27, 2017
Everyone with a personal connection of any sort to Westview had their memories of it altered/wiped. It wasn't until Woo went there did any outsiders know anything wrong had happened and within a day of Monica falling into the hex SWORD set up base there and was presumably covering it up.

Truck drivers, people just driving down the road. Once it turned red, just about anyone. Once it got bigger, even more people.

It's okay to suspend disbelief and not try to explain every inconsistency.