• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Sblargh

Oct 25, 2017
RIP all the theories. All of them.

Sweet ending. I liked it. Hopeful our girl will get her happy ending yet.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
The fact that Evan Peters was 100% stunt casting with the endgame being a boner joke is kind of incredible. We didn't even see him again after that scene.

They had an opportunity to do something super interesting with his introduction and wasted it on a boner joke.

I also feel like white Vision regaining his memories and clearly being the "real" vision alive and well kind of hurts the emotional impact of Wanda having to say goodbye to the Vision she created.

thecouncil

Oct 29, 2017
The Wanda and Vision goodbye was special.

The mind prison she left Agatha is was a tad nutty. But I don't know how else you get it off that situation.

The costume upgrade was awesome.

But why were there two Wandas in the post credits? Nobody was around so who was the first one for?

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If we do get more Agatha I really hope she gets a new costume, this one ain't working.

bibliodragon

Oct 30, 2017
Oh that would have been so much better had they just dumped all the eps at once for binging. Emotional through line was great, Kathryn Hann please step on me, but wasting Evan Peters on a dick joke...urg that fake out marred it for me. I know I should know better as an X Men film fan, we are not allowed nice things.

Gotchaforce

Oct 31, 2017
Monica isn't who Wanda should be apologizing to. Lol at making the town a sour faced mob at the end. She tortured them willingly.

Wanderer5

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere.
Damn, what a ending. I'll think about it more later, but that was a good end. Definitely left off with a chance for Vision and the kids to come, and I look forward to Wiccan and Speed becoming a thing.

Wanda's new outfit looks great. It's nice to actually see the crown.

kinoki

Oct 28, 2017
Can't help but be a bit disappointed. It felt a bit rushed. What happened to White Vision? He just up and left... Doctor Strange was namedropped... Pietro felt like a wasted oppertunity. I dunno... it kinda worked but it set up too much with too little pay-off. It was an ending to the Westview-chapter but not for that storyline. Don't see how it'll lead up to Multiverse of Madness unless something happens in that cabin... which we don't get to see for another year or so.

Peru

Oct 26, 2017
Wow, what a beautiful way to conclude Wanda's arc of grief and healing. I'm so happy it didn't end as something centred on a tease for future MCU endeavours, distracted with cameos, but really was all about telling Wanda's story.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
The fact that Evan Peters was 100% stunt casting with the endgame being a boner joke is kind of incredible. We didn't even see him again after that scene.

They had an opportunity to do something super interesting with his introduction and wasted it on a boner joke.

Yup. It felt like they were making fun of the audience instead of winking at it. Not a good way to close out that arc.

VAD

Oct 28, 2017
So Agatha was punished for like 10 minutes right?
They still did not explain why Ralph Bohner has powers, if it's because of the necklace, why didn't Agatha built an army of super-powered manipulated men?
Monica barely did anything.
White Vision will be part of whatever new super team.
Wanda will totally recreate her children in Multiverse of Madness.

FaultLineBlues

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Jul 14, 2020
A few thoughts,

1. Love the new outfit for Wanda. Hope to see it in action more in Doctor Strange: MoM

2. Pretty let down by the reveal for the Pietro plot line, not my favorite.

3. Really like Vision and White Vision's philosophical discussion.

4. I'm not sure if anyone else noticed, but the motif that played in the second after credits sounded like Doctor Strange's theme.

timshundo

CANCEL YOUR AMAZON PRIME
Oct 27, 2017
CA
Concept wise that was cool, very anime, very Steven universe, but execution/budget(?) wise, my sister and I were laughing when we weeent supposed to...

I don't want another season of this without some serious tuning up.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The Wanda and Vision goodbye was special.

The mind prison she left Agatha is was a tad nutty. But I don't know how else you get it off that situation.

The costume upgrade was awesome.

But why were there two Wandas in the post credits? Nobody was around so who was the first one for?

I took it to just be some sort of Astral Projection sort of thing. They're both her.

Oct 25, 2017
I liked this season's finale. Cool action and very emotional. Probably my favorite along with the Uncle P episode. Also, the theories were WAAAAAY off lol.

Magic-Man

User requested ban
Feb 5, 2019
Epic Universe
6/10 finale, 9/10 overall. It felt like it was missing an episode to get some extra buildup to the finale. And I don't like how White Vision was all badass until "Ooo, philosophy!" and then ditched. How the hell did he even get in?! And I thought for sure that White Vision was going to be Ultron, but nah. And the episode just jumping into the action felt a little jarring given the weekly format.

TheFurizzlyBear

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Man, that was a good first shot by the MCU for tv. I hope that people will chill a bit on the theory crafting going forward since most of it did not pan out at all. Take the MCU at face value as it has been and treat small teases as just as they have been: small teases and not much else.

Lord Vatek

Avenger
Jan 18, 2018
I also feel like white Vision regaining his memories and clearly being the "real" vision alive and well kind of hurts the emotional impact of Wanda having to say goodbye to the Vision she created.
I'm guessing that despite having the memories, White Vision has no emotional attachment to them so he's still functionally a new person.

Saifu

Oct 27, 2017
I was so certain that they Grey Vision would get a post-credit scene....
the way he bounced was sooo open ended wtf...

Keyser S

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
iS_THIS_A_PIDGON_.jpg

oofouchugh

Oct 29, 2017
Night City
I don't think the series lived up to the initial mystery hype, but it ended up being just solid MCU. It makes sense they wanted to keep things smaller in scope for a TV show instead of a movie, but it definitely felt a little weird how all the little details in the show ended up just being for future stuff like with her kids and eventually Mephisto. Definitely expecting Agatha to pop up again though since they made the effort of being explicit with her "imprisonment".

addik

Oct 28, 2017
Completely loved that ending even if they did go on a much less crazy way to go about it.

Wanda's journey and dealing with her grief seem complete to me, and I was afraid they'd leave that hanging as they try to make the last episode some sort of sequel hook/hook for Dr. Strange 2. The most I'm disappointed is Evan Peters not being X-Men Quicksilver because that would have been interesting, but that really didn't sour anything for me.

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
They're clearly setting up the future of the MCU.

I get that, but it's still the MCU itself. Each film outside of Antman and the Wasp ended feeling like it closed that particular chapter of the story even if one knew these characters weren't done and foreshadowing was all over the walls. I didn't feel any closure after watching this ...

aside from knowing that Wanda was now properly the Scarlet Witch.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
[QU
6/10 finale, 9/10 overall. It felt like it was missing an episode to get some extra buildup to the finale. And I don't like how White Vision was all badass until "Ooo, philosophy!" and then ditched. How the hell did he even get in?! And I thought for sure that White Vision was going to be Ultron, but nah. And the episode just jumping into the action felt a little jarring given the weekly format.

That's about how I feel. Solid series overall but the finale left a lot to be desired.
People complained about the show being too slow, but the final episode feels rather rushed.

Saifu

Oct 27, 2017
Agatha is totally gonna be like this Loki/Magneto frenemy type of character going forward, that gets revisited from time to time.
Thank god they didn't kill her off.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
And like... when does Vision even show up again? A cameo in Doctor Strange? We would have heard something if he had a major role.

The fate of Vision was too open ended and cliffhanger-y to be satisfying.

gilded_Pb

Oct 27, 2017
Yea I was worried that it might fall apart abit when the classic mcu stuff came in. Wasnt bad though, but I definitely enjoyed the earlier episodes more. What they did with fake Pietro was the biggest disappointment for me. Also Wandas new look looks fucking awesome.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
The Wanda and Vision stuff worked, everything else felt really damn rushed and a bit limp. I didn't need all of the crazy theories validated but definitely could have done with more than "Monica will return in Captain Marvel 2" and "White Vision returned to his home planet [to think and stuff, we don't know.]"

As with many Marvel films before, the most exciting things here were promises of what is to eventually come in a different movie and show. That's always been a bit of a sour note when it happens in the films and it's a sour note to end an otherwise fantastic series on.

I guess this was all worth it if it meant finally getting me to care about Wanda and Vision's relationship, getting the Darkhold in the game, setting the stage for Spectrum and finally get Wanda her costume but this finale makes the whole show feel like more of a prelude of things to come than something that will truly stand the test of time as it's own standalone series focusing on two previously underdeveloped characters.

5/10 for the finale. 7/10 for the show. Hopefully Falcon & The Winter Soldier has the decency to deliver on a solid conclusion for itself rather than sheparding me into the next films on the MCU slate.

Last edited:

LinkStrikesBack

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
It's a shame they included Evan peters at all. Not only did they include him, but they had him be a major end of episode credit tease, and the only payoff for it was a boner joke.

That was a big mistake and actively drew away from the ending of the series. The series would have been better to have cut him entirely. I think that's the biggest problem with this ending, they spread themselves too thin. You could cut Woo, Darcy and Peter Evans and have a much more focused series which gets a better conclusion because there aren't so many threads left hanging, or characters included only for a short joke scene.

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
I kind of enjoyed that. It felt a little rushed, but damn if it didn't tickle the 8 year old comic nerd in me seeing an actually decent Vision fight for once. That Wanda actually getting the outfit, complete with tiara. That last scene with her and Vision was really great.

I'm assuming she's going to end up inadvertently using the Darkhold (Glad we got confirmation on that; that's it's own can of Marvel related worms) to punch a hole in the multiverse...?

I did kind of hope for there to be more to the Evan Peters casting, but by and large, I enjoyed his presence.

StudioTan

Oct 27, 2017
I don't understand the people saying it was rushed. This was the fight against the antagonist, Agatha. It was 45 minutes, in a 2 hour movie that's almost half the run time. I think people were just expecting huge reveals instead of a logical end to a tv show arc. It all fits neatly with the episodes that come before it.

Also the costume looked amazing on her.

Deleted member 17388

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I really want to know what old fans of Scarlet Witch thought of this series :D

The theme of grief was beautifully done, unlike comics, where everything is so unsubtle...

Wrexis

Nov 4, 2017
So I'm reading the official synopsis for Doctor Strange 2...

Dr. Stephen Strange's continuing research on the Time Stone is hindered by a friend-turned-enemy, resulting in Strange unleashing unspeakable evil.

Uh, we sure that's about Mordo now?

Sblargh

Oct 25, 2017
The morality of having tortured those people end with "they will never know what you sacrificed for them" is a bit yikes.
It's a bit like the bully saying he is sacrificing the cash he chose not to steal from you. And I know there is a lot of reasoning behind it, but still, she tortured an entire town. Woken up Sarah/Dottie was begging for a *better role so her daughter could leave the room*

BUT
You know, overall, now Wanda has a new quest, she is using the darkhold to do it (sorry Agents of SHIELD fans) and there's a Doctor Strange movie coming up.
I don't think Wanda will be the villain there, but she will wake up something and both her and doctor strange will fetch Agatha.