• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

jorgejjvr

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I just tried remote Play and.... It works!
Playing my ps4 games on the go, such as work!

I was sitting here thinking xcloud would achieve it, not knowing it was possible all along.

What gives? It's already here

I'm late to the bandwagon, but it seems it's been possible since ps3 even lol

Anyhow, I can now play iceborne at work!

nsilvias

Oct 25, 2017
cause playstation didnt really support it, like most of their side projects. most people dont even know it exists

Deleted member 21709

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
You could play PS3 games on the go on your PSP. And PS4 on Vita. (Why did everyone ignore the PSP and Vita?)

Also, won't xCloud allow you to stream your library directly from Microsoft's servers, rather than from your local console? That's nifty. Though I'm not sure if it is true - and what the limitations are. (360 games? XBLA games?)

ajszenk

Dec 6, 2017
Unless they've changed it recently it's a lot different than cloud streaming. You don't have the library at your finger tips and are limited to what's up on your PS4 at that time right? And it's reading your PS4 and mirroring it to your phone. Latency network limitations can hinder it more than xcloud or stadia

defaltoption

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austin
On ps3 is was straight trash that barely had any games support, on ps4 it just started getting a spotlight since originally it was Vita only, and while xCloud does this , xcloud is also like google stadia in that you don't need a console at all it just also does remote play if you want it to

xCloud does remote play, what ps now does and what stadia does that's why when people compare gamepass to ps now it kinda doesn't make sense, gamepass has no direct competition, xcloud is more comparable to ps now

Marble

Banned
Nov 27, 2017
I tried remote play in my iPad yesterday using my DualShock 4. The inputlag is horrible.

Oct 25, 2017
Texas
With native controller support added to mobile OS I think usage should increase a lot. I'm at work for 12-14 hours right now and it would be nice to be able pull out my phone and a controller and work through a small part of my gaming backlog.

Terrysaur

Jun 14, 2019
PlayStation's Remote Play is for games you already own and have downloaded onto your PlayStation 4 being streamed to a second device, if I recall correctly? PlayStation Now, Google Stadia, and xCloud are the "real" cloud gaming platforms where you a) don't have to buy a game and b) stream a game on any device that supports the service. Unfortunately, PlayStation Now is incredibly poor, and only really works for people with decent internet connection and located within a reasonable distance from one of Sony's very few servers across the world. Google's going to be using their behemoth collection of servers across the world, and I'm assuming Xbox will be borrowing some of Microsoft's Azure tech or something. I'm not well versed in Microsoft's Cloud tech business, evidently.

jaymzi

Jul 22, 2019
Nobody cares who did what first, people only care if you did it right or made it popular.

Shpeshal Nick

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Because remote play wasn't initially very good, it was touch screen controls only up until VERY recently, you have to be on Wifi and unless I'm mistaken, it doesn't support your entire library.

TangFei

Banned
Aug 18, 2019
Because like with Gamepass, the media and some gamers like to pretend like Sony's versions of things that Xbox does years later is somehow inferior and that Sony is behind.

watdaeff4

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Because remote play wasn't initially very good, it was touch screen controls only up until VERY recently, you have to be on Wifi and unless I'm mistaken, it doesn't support your entire library.
This this and this

plus with remote play in order to log in your PS4 at home has to be in rest mode and not off

and in theory Xcloud will have lag but not as bad as PS4 remote play (which also disconnects a lot when not on the same WiFi network tbh from my experiences)

Sprat

Oct 27, 2017
England
I just tried remote Play and.... It works!
Playing my ps4 games on the go, such as work!

I was sitting here thinking xcloud would achieve it, not knowing it was possible all along.

What gives? It's already here

I'm late to the bandwagon, but it seems it's been possible since ps3 even lol

Anyhow, I can now play iceborne at work!
I've been using it since near ps4 launch with my vita.

Used to do destiny daily missions on my breaks at work until all electronic devices were banned at work beyond dumb MP3 players.

Works amazingly well

TangFei

Banned
Aug 18, 2019
Having tried PSNOW, xCloud, and Stadia I can say that PSNOW is, in fact, inferior.
PSNOW can't be inferior to products that aren't on the market yet. So yes, my point still stands that Sony is leading the pack when it comes to these services, they just don't really advertise it as much as a big deal as Microsoft is making it.

Mcfrank

Oct 28, 2017
PSNOW can't be inferior to products that aren't on the market yet. So yes, my point still stands that Sony is leading the pack when it comes to these services, they just don't really advertise it as much as a big deal as Microsoft is making it.

If it is inferior to the Stadia beta and the xCloud E3 demo, then yes it can be inferior to products not on the market.

TangFei

Banned
Aug 18, 2019
If it is inferior to the Stadia beta and the xCloud E3 demo, then yes it can be inferior to products not on the market.
One, PSNOW is the only streaming service on the market it. It's inferior to a product that others can't even play yet? And two, I also participated in the Stadia beta and got very similar experiences from both that and PSNOW. As I said in my original post, the others are playing catch up to Sony's EXISTING product not the other way around.

DvdGzz

Banned
Mar 21, 2018
Good guy MS letting Sony use Azure. I can't imagine Sony allowing MS to do the same if it were reversed. Now that I think of it, WHY are MS doing that? Silly.

Doskoi Panda

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Remote Play and xCloud are two totally different things, OP

Remote Play (PS4) enables users to stream a video game from their Playstation 4 to other devices. It can be used through a local network (if you wanted to stream the PS4 you already own to your Vita or to a PS TV elsewhere in your house), or over the internet. Xbox users can stream through a local network to Windows 10 computers in a similar manner, but not over the internet. Microsoft is currently working on their answer to over-the-internet Remote Play, which is called Xbox Console Streaming.

xCloud will enable users to stream a video game from MS-operated servers over the internet to other devices, just like PSNow. Instead of streaming games you have at home on your Xbox, you'll be paying a subscription to stream a selection of games straight off the net.

So yeah, Remote Play and xCloud aren't quite the same, if that answers your question.
GeForce Now is out and also better than PS Now.
I can vouch for this, GeForce Now is what convinced me that streaming could be big

Teamocil

Oct 25, 2017
Because like with Gamepass, the media and some gamers like to pretend like Sony's versions of things that Xbox does years later is somehow inferior and that Sony is behind.
This is the most fanboy shit I've read in a minute. Game Pass is absolutely different from PS Now, because the games on it are constantly being refreshed and all new MS first party releases are day-1 (sometimes even sooner). Sony doesn't and hasn't ever done that.

Also, up until recently it was much more expensive than Game Pass. Sony has been behind for a minute. It's ok.

Kain

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Good guy MS letting Sony use Azure. I can't imagine Sony allowing MS to do the same if it were reversed. Now that I think of it, WHY are MS doing that? Silly.

Usually these huge companies' biggest customers are actually... the competition.

Lokimaster

Alt Account
Banned
May 12, 2019
Wellllllll they be getting paid so that's why

Yea. See this is the miss information here. MS isn't getting paid anything. Sony and MS are trading services from each other. Sony will provide sensors and AI, MS will provide azure. Sony is not here to pay the competition for anything.
MS just didn't want sony to go to amazon or Verizon.

Penny Royal

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
QLD, Australia
xCloud does remote play,

xCloud doesn't do anything at the moment, and the beta will be restricted to US, UK, SK and Android devices.

Google Stadia, and xCloud are the "real" cloud gaming platforms where you a) don't have to buy a game

You have to buy games with Stadia. It's an IaaS business model where you buy content and stream for free (1080p, not available at launch) or pay (4K) from their servers.

Having tried PSNOW, xCloud, and Stadia I can say that PSNOW is, in fact, inferior.

Only one of those is an actual functioning service though.

I've been using RP at work during lunctimes and it's more than acceptable, and once I'd updated our wifi extender at home to one with 5ghz I get a great experience on iPad with DS4 around the home - mainly bed lol

Deleted member 23046

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Remote Play (and Share Play) can't change the Blu Ray distantly :-)

But as said, here it's like using your PS4 as a NAS home server and xCloud/PSNow/Stadia a corporate hosting offer.

DvdGzz

Banned
Mar 21, 2018
Xcloud will allow me to access all games I own, right? That will be huge. I have hundreds that are not installed.

watdaeff4

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yea. See this is the miss information here. MS isn't getting paid anything. Sony and MS are trading services from each other. Sony will provide sensors and AI, MS will provide azure. Sony is not here to pay the competition for anything.
Oh wow that's my bad for assuming thanks for setting me straight. That's interesting info

TechnicPuppet

Oct 28, 2017

Do you actually believe this?

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
this is not true. all they said is they're working together in these fields, doesn't mean those things are worth the same and cancel each other out.

Marble

Banned
Nov 27, 2017
I've been using RP at work during lunctimes and it's more than acceptable, and once I'd updated our wifi extender at home to one with 5ghz I get a great experience on iPad with DS4 around the home - mainly bed lol

A great experience? May I ask what games you play? I tried Far Cry New Dawn yesterday (my connection is fine and also 5 GHz) and for me it was unplayable. Very noticeable inputlag and not precise at all.