What is your most anticipated Vita title of 2018?

• 13 Sentinels

Votes: 126 28.4%
  • Catherine Fullbody

Votes: 160 36.1%
  • Persona 3/5 Dancing

Votes: 87 19.6%
  • Muv Luv

Votes: 52 11.7%
  • Code: Realize/Hakuoki

Votes: 18 4.1%

• Total voters

N E R O

Oct 25, 2017
Mississauga, ON
Guys. How many physical games have been realesed for the vita so far ? I think I'm heading for a complete NA set. This is an expensive system to collect for but I just enjoy it :)

Xion_Stellar

Oct 25, 2017
Its been six months already and I'm still waiting for Cosmic Star Heroine to release on PS Vita...

On a lighter note hello everyone in Vita Era!

Last edited:

Joe2187

Oct 25, 2017
Ohhhh yeah!

Lotta great games got anounced and new ones coming.

Been playing a shit ton of Ys and cant wait for the new Yomiwari to creep me out.

Part of the old Vita community before it got nuked into obscurity on GAF, and it's nice to have another dedicated thread again.

Aytrial

Oct 25, 2017
Perth, Australia
My 64GB memory card died a few days ago in the middle of my Mask of Truth playthrough. First major electronics failure I've ever had beyond a fried PC motherboard.

I've since caught up to where I was using my old 32GB memory card, but goddamn am I bummed about all the other data I lost.

I don't even think I'll bother buying a replacement since I'd rather put it towards a new console like a Switch or PS4.

Oct 25, 2017
it's amazing to me how much vitas still cost, I don't think they ever really hit bargain bin prices at all. At this point I feel like if I'm going to pay through the nose for one I might as well jump on a limited edition one but which one? God I wish I wasn't so cheap.

OniBaka

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Sydney
Add on top the memory card expenses and I don't think it's going be cheap.

I got the orange vita slim when I was in Japan.

Still have my launch 3g vita and soul sacrifice limited edition vita.

Bouniter

Oct 25, 2017
it's amazing to me how much vitas still cost, I don't think they ever really hit bargain bin prices at all. At this point I feel like if I'm going to pay through the nose for one I might as well jump on a limited edition one but which one? God I wish I wasn't so cheap.

I'm not sure where your from but Game here in the UK recently had pre-owned ones for £69.99 which I would consider to be a pretty reasonable. So keep an eye out for sales or maybe something in a local independent game store, deals are out there.

Chessguy1

Oct 25, 2017
My 64GB memory card died a few days ago in the middle of my Mask of Truth playthrough. First major electronics failure I've ever had beyond a fried PC motherboard.

I've since caught up to where I was using my old 32GB memory card, but goddamn am I bummed about all the other data I lost.

I don't even think I'll bother buying a replacement since I'd rather put it towards a new console like a Switch or PS4.

sorry for your loss.

my 64GB is really weird. if i boot up a really old game i haven't played in forever, it will usually just black screen then i get an error, and if i redownload it it will work perfectly. all psp and psx never error though, it's usually just really old vita games that have been sitting on my memory card, and sometimes it will just plain work.

it's been like that for like a year now, i'm definitely not replacing it though.

oh well.

Aytrial

Oct 25, 2017
Perth, Australia
sorry for your loss.

my 64GB is really weird. if i boot up a really old game i haven't played in forever, it will usually just black screen then i get an error, and if i redownload it it will work perfectly. all psp and psx never error though, it's usually just really old vita games that have been sitting on my memory card, and sometimes it will just plain work.

it's been like that for like a year now, i'm definitely not replacing it though.

oh well.

Mine died completely without warning.

I had just completed a pretty hard boss battle and was on my winner's high writing mid-tweet about my triumph via LiveTweet when I got a database error as I went to attach a screenshot. It never recovered after that.

When I googled the issue, it seems like 64GB cards had a pretty significant failure rate back in the day (though this could perhaps be confirmation bias). However, I also had a release unit which had been going strong all these years.

xZoneHunter

Oct 25, 2017
don't forget to download the voice pack. i've heard stories of people playing hours and hours of the game without them.

I might have screwed myself over here. As i bought the game online (it's an US copy) which means i can't use any DLC/content from the EU store, as it's not compatible with my copy. Man this really sucks as i have no access to the voices now. And with vita being one account only, i'd have to go through the hassle to swap to an US account and format the memory card every time i want to play the game. I should've just gotten it on PS4....

Deleted member 932

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oh, here it is! I couldn't find the thread. Lately I've been playing with my newly bought WiiU, but I intend to go back to the Vita as soon as I finish the last games I bought (Metroid Prime mainly).

toneroni

Oct 25, 2017
Hardly have time to game during the daytime these days due to baby but keep a vita on my nightstand.
I have tons and tons of games for it but barely played any besides some hot shot golf and MVC.
Also dropped Conception 2 like a bad habit.

Started Dungeon Travelers 2 and it seems ok but looking for recommendations for any games to play!
Have about 30 mins to 1hr a night for this so any suggestions are great. There's a good chance I already have the game as well lol.

Deleted member 932

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hardly have time to game during the daytime these days due to baby but keep a vita on my nightstand.
I have tons and tons of games for it but barely played any besides some hot shot golf and MVC.

Started Dungeon Travelers 2 and it seems ok but looking for recommendations for any games to play!
Have about 30 mins to 1hr a night for this so any suggestions are great. There's a good chance I already have the game as well lol.

Given that you have little time to play, I would suggest an arcade title, like TkX (one of the best Vita exclusives) or something like a rhythm game.

maouvin

Oct 25, 2017
Blumenau - Brazil

Well, Vita's sleep mode is a beast, so you can always suspend a game and continue later too. Unless more people use it ofc.

Jimrpg

Oct 26, 2017

I got my second Vita Slim recently. They're not going to be hitting bargain bin prices as that time to get them off the shelves has long gone. Only the smaller retailers and online stores get them in now, and I get the feeling they're happy to hold their stock and sell at RRP or more. Even Play-Asia is charging more for colour differences. I don't know about the limited edition ones, maybe you'll get more for them in the long term, especially if you don't open it, most of the Nintendo 3DS limited edition consoles go for way more than their initial price.

I've had just about all my old stuff like Gameboy, GBA, Xbox, 360, PSP die on me, so I've got two each of all my Sony consoles, mostly because I've got the most number of games on them. I get the feeling anything with a screen or battery is pretty likely to die in the long run, so I think for me anyway, perhaps Steam might be best because its independent of the hardware.

Spelunky is really fun in short bursts.

Kresnik

Oct 26, 2017
Hooray, thread for my favourite console!

Currently working my way through Ar no Surge. It's tough work, but the story is really enjoyable.

BlueBadger

Oct 26, 2017
I started Ys VIII on my Vita just a couple days ago. Looks promising so far!!! Really excited to have a laugh at some of the awkward translations I keep hearing about :P

Kresnik

Oct 26, 2017
Lots of news today btw:

http://gematsu.com/2017/10/arc-syst...ighting-game-radio-hammer-station-ps4-ps-vita

Radio Hammer Station announced for Vita by ASW. Fighting/rhythm game. Can't tell if it's coming west or not. Website is in English?

http://gematsu.com/2017/10/world-ended-sekai-owari-asano-hayase-nastumi-yuuki-character-trailers

Our World is Ended stuff

http://gematsu.com/2017/10/four-knight-princesses-training-story-first-details-screenshots

Your Four Knights Princess Training stuff (this one'll probably get localized and digital-only for Vita)

http://gematsu.com/2017/10/world-end-syndrome-teaser-trailer-first-details-screenshots

World End Syndrome stuff

Saphirax

Oct 25, 2017
Hooray, thread for my favourite console!

Currently working my way through Ar no Surge. It's tough work, but the story is really enjoyable.

So many RPGs, so little time.

Bought the game for ps3, played a little and two years later bought it for Vita when it went on sale. Still haven't even started it.

Last edited:

Kresnik

Oct 26, 2017
So many RPGs, so little time.

Bought the game for ps3, played a little and two years later bought it for Vita when it went on sale. Still haven't even started it .

I also bought on PS3, started, got about 3 hours in and dropped.

I'm currently 30 hours in the Vita version. I think I'm near the end. It's been a mixed bag, that I've mostly enjoyed. But it's not Gust's best work.

Kresnik

Oct 26, 2017
Still better than their recent output. :(

I haven't even played Firis yet due to the crappy reception it got. Atelier is certainly a long way removed from the Arland days which I really loved.

Is NoA2 that bad? I'm hearing really mixed things ranging from "great" to "abysmal". Which to be fair, the Ar Tonelico games used to get quite often too.

(Ar no Surge feels a lot more consistent, it's just so tedious at times when you have to sit there and read hours of post-alchemy text about "what should we name this item?" "I don't know Kanon" "I was thinking we could call it Chunpi" etc. etc.)

Saphirax

Oct 25, 2017
I haven't even played Firis yet due to the crappy reception it got. Atelier is certainly a long way removed from the Arland days which I really loved.

Is NoA2 that bad? I'm hearing really mixed things ranging from "great" to "abysmal". Which to be fair, the Ar Tonelico games used to get quite often too.

(Ar no Surge feels a lot more consistent, it's just so tedious at times when you have to sit there and read hours of post-alchemy text about "what should we name this item?" "I don't know Kanon" "I was thinking we could call it Chunpi" etc. etc.)

They made the gameplay worse. Ridiculous time restrictions, backtracking, stupid AI and bad performance.

Benedict

Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
Have any of you been able to write in your Playstation Network Identity in your settings?
What am I doing wrong? I'm typing in my Online ID but Resetera won't accept it.

I get this error:
The following error occurred:
Playstation Network:
Please enter a value that matches the required format.

stan_marsh

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Have any of you been able to write in your Playstation Network Identity in your settings?
What am I doing wrong? I'm typing in my Online ID but Resetera won't accept it.

I get this error:
The following error occurred:
Playstation Network:
Please enter a value that matches the required format.

The input is only accepting #s atm.

Benedict

Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
Seems to be a good Vita/PSP sale at the US PSN store at the moment.
For example: What Did I Do To Deserve This, My Lord!? is on 90% discount.
$0.99 for regular
$0.49 if you're PS+ member

Same price for the sequel.

crimilde

"This guy are sick" and Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 26, 2017
Awesome! I still play my Vita regularly so I'm glad this thread exists.

calc84maniac

Oct 25, 2017
Seems to be a good Vita/PSP sale at the US PSN store at the moment.
For example: What Did I Do To Deserve This, My Lord!? is on 90% discount.
$0.99 for regular
$0.49 if you're PS+ member

Same price for the sequel.

Yeah, it seems like a bunch of PSP games got added around a day after the normal store update.

I personally recommend Black Rock Shooter The Game, that's currently $3.74 or $2.24 for PS+. Very unique gameplay, character designs by huke (of Steins;Gate fame), and plenty of post-game challenges.