Status
Not open for further replies.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
I haven't been able to watch Snuffy as much as of late due to being busy but I'm watching her play Soma and...

How did she get it so her model actually reacts to the lighting in game? o.o

Cheesy

Oct 30, 2017
I haven't been able to watch Snuffy as much as of late due to being busy but I'm watching her play Soma and...

How did she get it so her model actually reacts to the lighting in game? o.o
She didn't specify too much of how it works but it's apparently a separate app that interacts with what's on screen and the face tracking app.

alpha

Oct 25, 2017
Just saw part of It Takes Two on Irys and Ina's stream, where they very horribly torture and kill Rose's toy elephant while it's crying in pain and begging them to stop. I now have no desire to play or watch that game ever again, I missed that during Calli and Kiara's playthrough. That was cruel just for the sake of being cruel like it was Akame Ga Kill or one of those other edgelord anime series.

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
Just saw part of It Takes Two on Irys and Ina's stream, where they very horribly torture and kill Rose's toy elephant while it's crying in pain and begging them to stop. I now have no desire to play or watch that game ever again, I missed that during Calli and Kiara's playthrough. That was cruel just for the sake of being cruel like it was Akame Ga Kill or one of those other edgelord anime series.
Someone made a thread in gaming about how the game has some really strange moments like that. I guess the devs have a sick sense of humor.

Refrain

Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, I haven't played or watch much about the game but I've seen that part. It made me really hate the game and not wanting to play or watch it anymore.

W-00

Oct 27, 2017
I think it's a deliberate effort to demonstrate that the protagonists are horrifically terrible, self-centered people, considering that the plot of the game is basically a massive, magical therapy session for them. It's supposed to be the darkest moment from which they finally begin to become better people.

I also think that it goes too far, and makes them too unsympathetic to be worth the players' continued attention. They don't deserve to be returned to human form, no matter what progress they make later on in the game.

Of course, I could be completely mistaken about the authorial intent. This is the first playthrough that I'm actually watching, so I don't know how it goes from here.

Articalys

Oct 25, 2017

Someone made a thread in gaming about how the game has some really strange moments like that. I guess the devs have a sick sense of humor.

Yeah, I haven't played or watch much about the game but I've seen that part. It made me really hate the game and not wanting to play or watch it anymore.

I think it's a deliberate effort to demonstrate that the protagonists are horrifically terrible, self-centered people, considering that the plot of the game is basically a massive, magical therapy session for them. It's supposed to be the darkest moment from which they finally begin to become better people.

I also think that it goes too far, and makes them too unsympathetic to be worth the players' continued attention. They don't deserve to be returned to human form, no matter what progress they make later on in the game.

Of course, I could be completely mistaken about the authorial intent. This is the first playthrough that I'm actually watching, so I don't know how it goes from here.
I'd encourage you to read this interview with the game's developer; the front half of it covers the part of the game in question. You may not agree with him but it'll at least give you the context of where he's coming from with it.

The article does briefly touch on a couple narrative aspects of the game's ending but nothing about the gameplay, so if you are still going to watch the playthrough to the end you could save it to read later if you like.

TiredGamer

Oct 27, 2017
I'd encourage you to read this interview with the game's developer; the front half of it covers the part of the game in question. You may not agree with him but it'll at least give you the context of where he's coming from with it.

The article does briefly touch on a couple narrative aspects of the game's ending but nothing about the gameplay, so if you are still going to watch the playthrough to the end you could save it to read later if you like.
Clippers don't realize it but by excising context they can radically reshape the perception of just about any media. Because this scene gets more clips, and because the context clues in the scene itself suggest this is a pivotal moment, people can be left thinking this is how the game ends. This is where it's important for clippers to either add on the conclusion of the scene or explain in some other manner the context so viewers are not mislead. Sadly this is rarely done because so many clippers are not interested in context or presentation, just the "big moment" and how that can translate into views and engagement.

alpha

Oct 25, 2017

For real. Both Irys and Ina got really visibly, no jokes and no hiding it behind their characters angry when that happened and I don't blame them.

Wunder

Oct 25, 2017
For real. Both Irys and Ina got really visibly, no jokes and no hiding it behind their characters angry when that happened and I don't blame them.

There is really no pay off for it either and one article I read with Josef Fares really did not justify why they make you go through with it to that extent. I didn't even have that bad of a reaction when I played through it but I had hoped something would at least come of it. But nope they pretty much just continue on as normal

/XX/

Oct 25, 2017
Spain

TiredGamer

Oct 27, 2017
Lamy playing Doki Doki Literature Club by herself... what kind of monster would suggest such a thing?

Oh right, Shion suggested it... kusogaki indeed.

Otakukidd

The cutest v-tuber
Oct 25, 2017
It looks like Noel will be streaming irregularly for awhile. One of her hamsters passed away and when that happened her other ones got sick and so she is having to give them medicine every 3 hours.

kyo2004

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Bogotá D.C.
It looks like Noel will be streaming irregularly for awhile. One of her hamsters passed away and when that happened her other ones got sick and so she is having to give them medicine every 3 hours.

Video Link Edited

Yes... Avoid Iroha Translations... That Ch is following the steps of OtakMori with the inaccurate/bait TL...

----

Miko is so positive in get the Haachama route no matter what... XD...

LycanXIII

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Here's a clip from Snuffy showing that lighting tech she used:

Also, it can be used on 2D models too:

Deeks

Oct 27, 2017
Good god, chat is being so shitty in Reine's VLR stream. Every time something tangentially related to ZTD comes up they just start spamming it. I know Reine's joking about it now but it's real fucking shit that she even noticed it in the first place. People have no self-control...

Jadow

Oct 27, 2017
Gura's Switch name is "gooruh", unless she changed her name recently for some reason then that was a fake, which would be weird considering they were chatting on Discord

Razgriz417

Oct 25, 2017
man the OKBR Pico Park collab was great. Have never see so much Okayu bullying. Entire collab was like one whole clip, so much panic, screaming and giggling

Deeks

Oct 27, 2017
man the OKBR Pico Park collab was great. Have never see so much Okayu bullying. Entire collab was like one whole clip, so much panic, screaming and giggling
pico park and superbunnyman just seem like those kinda games where the entire stream is absurd. god, I can't imagine what a superbunnyman stream with 6 people would be like...

EliVilla

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Kiara and Ame seem to have terrible communication with each other lol

They're playing We Were Here Together and have been stuck in one spot for a while now.

Status
Not open for further replies.