• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Two videos posted to Twitter Thursday night show two adult men physically tackling an apparently younger man of color and throwing him off a San Francisco Muni train against his will.

Social media users who helped the video go viral pointed to racial tensions as possible motivations behind the incident, and dubbed the young man's alleged assailants, who appear white, #MuniMatt and #MuniMark, though their identities and ethnicities are not known.

Anna Sterling, a local journalist who posted the videos, confirmed the incident occurred on the N-Judah Muni line Thursday night somewhere between 32nd and 40th Avenues.

Read more at http://www.sfexaminer.com/twitter-v...lack-teenage-boy-off-muni-playing-loud-music/

Lock if old

Mammoth Jones

Oct 25, 2017
New York
Waiting for posters to justify this violence since playing music loudly in public is annoying.

Gee, I wonder what could be embolding some white folks to think they have command and dominion over black bodies.....

Cops will just say "should have turned the music off when asked" and high five those two.

Duane

Unshakable Resolve
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Holy shit. Name and shame these assholes.

And they're not even Muni officials, just a couple of vigilantes. I hope they get arrested.

refusi0n1

Oct 27, 2017
imagine if these were still in style

p6ur2bK.jpg

Zippedpinhead

Fallen Guardian
Oct 25, 2017
Why did I look at the comments in that article. Annoyance is never justification for physical violence. Those two cockroaches should be ashamed of themselves.

Oct 25, 2017
Waiting for posters to justify this violence since playing music loudly in public is annoying.

Gee, I wonder what could be embolding some white folks to think they have command and dominion over black bodies.....

Cops will just say "should have turned the music off when asked" and high five those two.
Lol yeah, shame on them.
imagine if these were still in style

p6ur2bK.jpg
Blast these donkeys' ears off with that good sound.
Wish they had the back of their heads clapped. Cretins.

Lurcharound

Oct 27, 2017
UK
That's crazy and they could have killed the guy. Unacceptable. If music was loud why not just ask him to turn it down? Or move to another car? You don't assault someone. Hope they get found and charged as they deserve.

Luchashaq

Banned
Nov 4, 2017

Yup I wouldn't have much sympathy if some jerk playing music outside of headphones had their speaker or whatever thrown out the window.

These guys went several tiers beyond an acceptable response and hope they suffer grand consequences either physically or legally.

Orb

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
God, what precious little snowflakes who clearly have nothing of importance to care about in their lives

You ride the subway in NYC and some dude gets on the car with a huge-ass speaker blasting horrible music and you just sit there like "well, I guess this is happening now"

Obviously no reason to physically accost anyone

Darknight

"I'd buy that for a dollar!"
Oct 25, 2017
That's crazy and they could have killed the guy. Unacceptable. If music was loud why not just ask him to turn it down? Or move to another car? You don't assault someone. Hope they get found and charged as they deserve.
MUNI is a bus so there isn't any other car. Doesn't excuse it though.

Myradeer

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
What the fuck? Now these guys are ones where punching would be justifiable. Verbal for verbal; physical for physical.

Last edited:

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
Jesus. I mean, I hate it when people ignore the rules and have music blasting without headphones on trains and subways too, but they had no right to assault the guy. Hope they both get locked up. It would've taken less effort to ask him to turn it down or call transit police if it bothered them that much than what they did.

wenis

Oct 25, 2017
as a Muni rider, I've definitely been on those buses and trains with kids (they're usually kids) that are blasting their music on a bluetooth speaker or something. When they're asked they usually just laugh in your face and tell you to calm down or yadda yadda. Most people just put up with it now, but most of the kids doing this specific thing don't really care and won't listen. That doesn't justify these two idiots throwing a kid off a train, but that's the situation most of the time when I've encountered it.

MBeanie

Oct 27, 2017
Holy fucking racism batman. What in the hell did I just see?

Anyone trying to pivot or explain away that level of brazen & violent racism can go seriously to hell.

Oct 28, 2017
Assault and reckless endangerment? IANAL.

Playing loud music is obnoxious and passive aggressive, but no excuse at all for this.

Nov 7, 2017
as a Muni rider, I've definitely been on those buses and trains with kids (they're usually kids) that are blasting their music on a bluetooth speaker or something. When they're asked they usually just laugh in your face and tell you to calm down or yadda yadda. Most people just put up with it now, but most of the kids doing this specific thing don't really care and won't listen. That doesn't justify these two idiots throwing a kid off a train, but that's the situation most of the time when I've encountered it.
That's why I bring my airpods whenever I ride MUNI, CalTrain, or BART.

Especially BART where there's music blasting anywhere

Panther2103

Oct 27, 2017
Why did I read the comments in that article. It's insane how people react to things on news sites now.

This whole situation is stupid. Why are you so enraged about music being played that you have to assault someone, they could have been killed being thrown off.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
Muni is so weird with this stuff. This could never happen in the NYC subways. Those guys would get lit up.

DigitalOp

Nov 16, 2017
of course grown ass fucking coward wants to put kids in headlocks.

People spoke up but didn't clock dude in the face... The way we was choking that kid, he had no regard for his life.

Powdered Egg

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
They tried tossing him off a bus? Wth.

I doubt charges will stick. Prosecutor and judge will find their actions understandable. During the plea negotiations they'll find out that hating rap buses is something they all have in common.

Kill3r7

Oct 25, 2017
Absolutely fucked up. Just let the bus driver know and let him address it.

Most cities or transit systems have already addressed this issue by having a no loud music or noise sign. The conductor or bus driver can simply kick them off at the next stop if they do not comply.

wenis

Oct 25, 2017
Muni is so weird with this stuff. This could never happen in the NYC subways. Those guys would get lit up.
depends on the district they're in. They're definitely on one of the newer Muni trains and not buses so that means they're going through the nicer (whiter) areas of the residential parts of the city. If this shit got pulled on a 14 Muni headed downtown, both those old dudes woulda been tossed off before the kid.

Most cities or transit systems have already addressed this issue by having a no loud music or noise sign. The conductor or bus driver can simply kick them off at the next stop if they do not comply.
yea i've seen these kids laugh at the driver too. I even once got caught in a stalemate between the bus driver and a passenger playing music. the driver legit parked the bus, and said she wasn't gunna drive until he turned it down or got off. we sat there for 20 minutes as they argued back and forth and he just kept turning up the music. drivers are ineffective.

Enzom21

Oct 25, 2017
White people pushing a PoC out of the space the used to occupy? Yep, sounds like the bay area, alright.

DarthWalden

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I fucking can't stand people who blast their music on transit but that is not the way to handle it.

Mr. X

Oct 25, 2017
Yo is it only Chicago and NYC strangers willing to fight racist fools like this?

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
A black body denied your assumed authority so he had to be violent and other dude had to join in. You can see how and why lynching use to be a national past time

Powdered Egg

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
These two are such fucking goons, deserving of the Busybody of the Year Awards. I don't like mumble rap either but damn.

Kill3r7

Oct 25, 2017
depends on the district they're in. They're definitely on one of the newer Muni trains and not buses so that means they're going through the nicer (whiter) areas of the residential parts of the city. If this shit got pulled on a 14 Muni headed downtown, both those old dudes woulda been tossed off before the kid.

yea i've seen these kids laugh at the driver too. I even once got caught in a stalemate between the bus driver and a passenger playing music. the driver legit parked the bus, and said she wasn't gunna drive until he turned it down or got off. we sat there for 20 minutes as they argued back and forth and he just kept turning up the music. drivers are ineffective.

The driver can call the cops. The person will either be forcibly removed or arrested.

mutantmagnet

Oct 28, 2017
Very rare to hear loud music in the first place. I would have to assume we are more willing to tell people to turn down the volume.

It is irritating and I can imagine teenagers acting like an ass about it but the solution is to get into a shouting match so they can't enjoy their music. Grabbing and throwing them is unacceptable.

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Loud music has been a go-to reason to racially abuse, assault, and even kill black people for awhile now. Not surprised that's the excuse they used to go in on a child.

Deleted member 15848

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I really hope these two are found and are charged with assault, even if the kid did have his music on loud that doesn't give you the right to put your hands on him.