• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Kaitos

Tens across the board!
Oct 25, 2017
wow. It really does feel like time has flown.

I still can't believe we made this work lol

ascii42

Oct 25, 2017
I posted on NeoGAF for 10 years. My primary reason for coming here was I was still active in a Rock Band Rivals group at the time. Probably would have come here anyway, though.

J75

Sep 29, 2018
Still a noobie that only joined around a year ago but man, time flies.

OP
OP
oni-link

oni-link

tag reference no one gets
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Happy birthday Resetera. And to think when GAF went down I thought I was finally going to get my life back.

Man the days between GAF going down and Era being born were pretty bleak, I felt so relieved when I managed to get in

It took me about 3 months to get used to not typing the old site into the address bar though

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
time to post some of the best images i posted on era ever

walk down memory road with me

mb1uENL.jpg

Lindsay

Nov 4, 2017
Only 7k new members since last anniversary? Thats kinda sad! The hoops ta get in here kinda suck, as does the need for super defensive measure, though I do understand the need for 'em. Still its been a good first two years with the forum itself getting lotsa nice usability additions. 2.0 was pretty much a success right?!

wbloop

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
God, those days between GAF burning down to the ground and having no online forum to read up shit were weird. It was almost like drug withdrawal lol

Freeglader

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Nov 13, 2017
I love this forum and this community.

I was a lurker at the old place for several years. There is something special about this forum, however, that makes me actually want to participate. Looking back, the creation of ResetEra is a really cool story and I'm so happy and amazed that it seems to have worked. Happy birthday Era

Last edited:

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
I was lost when the old place desintegrated, we had a little community and then RIP.
Thankfully I found the migration discord a few day laters and we could rebuild here, so I'm thankful for this forum to exist.

Happy Birthday Era! 🍆

Deleted member 35071

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 1, 2017
i like this place way more than the last one. Which banned me for life for saying something good about the Wii U or something...i think the first day i ever posted too.

this place is strict too. but at least they dont ban u forever at the drop of a hat

Phellps

Oct 25, 2017
Seeing this place come to life was something else. Glad to be part of the exodus and all that it meant.
Here's to many more years being the biggest gaming forum.

OP
OP
oni-link

oni-link

tag reference no one gets
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Only 7k new members since last anniversary? Thats kinda sad! The hoops ta get in here kinda suck, as does the need for super defensive measure, though I do understand the need for 'em. Still its been a good first two years with the forum itself getting lotsa nice usability additions. 2.0 was pretty much a success right?!

That's still 20 new users a day over the last year, it's not amazing but forums are kind of old technology at this point

Zan

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Ah geez, does this mean we're in the terrible twos now?

I kid. Happy Birthday.

Nov 4, 2017
As somebody with a year old child at home, I can confirm most ResetErans act like two hear olds.

Happy birthday, internet frenemies!

SweetNicole

The Old Guard
Oct 24, 2017
Oh, yes, today this account is two years old. (Oct 24th)

It was the most stress inducing experience of my life trying to build and implement the strategy to migrate everyone over thru Discord. Two years removed, and I'm still amazed we actually pulled it off.

DinoPulse

May 25, 2018
Happy B-Day Resetera! it's felt like almost a year and a half of me being here, but I can't help but provide best Wishes for the future!

Ahh..... it feels like Just yesterday that I was a lurker of the old site who migrated over to this place.

What a wild ride, this site's existence has been! Especially being apart of NintendoERA and SmashERA.

Now if only we could do something to win back BronsonLee and reverse the course of all the first wave mods leaving.

Man do I miss Bronson, and I bet we all do. Can't help but think of him whenever Gritty comes up in a convo or discussion. Man helped me love Gritty, the Philadelphia Flyers mascot, alot more.

Here's to many more years of ERA and that we can prove ourselves to become better than the shell of a former self the old site (GAF) became.

P.S What a Cool way to celebrate the anniversary, Fat4all! The images over time and how you photo-shopped them is a beauty to see.

criteriondog

I like the chili style
Oct 26, 2017
October 27th gang! Was an exciting day, the new forum, and because UPS didn't show up with my copies of Assassin's Creed Origins or Super Mario Odyssey!

I went to Best Buy and got AC, and the rest of the night was awesome :) Mario came the next day, and I gave the other copy of AC to a friend.

Happy birthday, Era!