• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Speevy

Oct 26, 2017
Does Xbox Game Pass prevent third parties from putting games on a rival subscription service?

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
I'm only talking about titles released and not how they are critically received. I think Microsoft has a lot to prove there but if we are just talking about titles released, Sony is just way behind in terms of human resources to get that done.

Sheer numbers without context doesn't matter though, and if Sony doesn't have a subscription service to constantly stuff with content they can continue releasing games at their current pace unaffected. MS having more games than before isn't going to change how Sony's titles are received or viewed on the market

Deleted member 46804

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 17, 2018
Sheer numbers without context doesn't matter though, and if Sony doesn't have a subscription service to constantly stuff with content they can continue releasing games at their current pace unaffected. MS having more games than before isn't going to change how Sony's titles are received or viewed on the market
I was originally responding to someone saying Sony can and will match Microsoft's output in terms of the number of titles which as of now doesn't make sense just due to the number of developers they have. What that actually means as far as consoles sold, etc. is anyone's guess. I will say that in my opinion value is just as important as highly rated titles and Sony definitely could stand to improve in this area.