Nov 27, 2017
California
pretty much
people stopped caring and are hanging out, dining out, and now mix in traveling, thanksgiving, holiday shopping and flu season
we are in for a disaster
Seniors in retirement homes will legit go to their families for thanksgiving and bring it back to the retirement home causing so many deaths
colleges and schools being opened doesn't help either

Our government failed us, they had the resources and funds to help us and they said nah

maxxpower

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
California
We can blame the government all we want but we're not children, we can do our part and stop being selfish fucks. It seems that only full lockdowns work because humans are too fucking awful and don't care about others.

Lunzio

Oct 28, 2017
A friend of my sister held a 40 person indoor birthday party for her 1 year old this weekend. I can't. I just can't... the selfishness of these actions are unfortunate and a big "I don't care" to the literal trauma we as healthcare workers face nowadays. Even when the term "Heroes" was being thrown around back in March there was at least acknowledgement of the struggle. All out the window.

Version 3.0

Oct 27, 2017
It really seems like the plan is to just wing it until a cure rolls around. I'm afraid Biden won't be able to do much because half of the country is convinced it's not a serious issue. We need that half to cooperate for anything to be effective and they wont.

Don't worry, starting sometime after January 21st, those people are going to decide it IS a serious issue, it's all Biden's fault, and...probably still refuse to participate in any measures to contain it.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
For the US, Thanksgiving, holiday shopping and Christmas will continue as if nothing is happening and of course, infections will continue to skyrocket
No doubt.

Personally, my family isn't having any gatherings for Thanksgiving / Christmas / New Years. Gifts are just going to be mailed. Sucks, but what can you do?

Cipherr

Oct 26, 2017
Not only will it be too late for Biden to put a lid on this shit... Those of us stuck in defiant red states are absolutely fucked on this.

Im in Missouri and its spiking here and people outside of the major (more blue) cities give zero fucks. President Cheeto put a battery in their back and defying mask wearing is a part of their identities now. Thankfully many shopping stores and grocers have decided to enforce masks at least.

Tapiozona

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
What happened to the vaccine? Felt like there were updates galore through the whole summer then nothing since mid September. Did the stage 3 trials all fail?

x3sphere

Oct 27, 2017
What happened to the vaccine? Felt like there were updates galore through the whole summer then nothing since mid September. Did the stage 3 trials all fail?

Pretty sure the target for the vaccine, if trials were successful, was always early 2021.

Only Trump was saying it'd be available widely sooner.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
We're a country that has a lot of selfish people coupled with many who still think this shit is a hoax. I feel like as long as people see this as a political issue rather than a pandemic, we're never getting rid of this. Hell, some Trumpers were whining about Biden taking their freedom away just because he might issue a nationwide mask mandate.

OP
OP
SilentPanda

SilentPanda

Nov 6, 2017
Earth

There's the Russian sputnik v that...isn't widely avaiable, and no one know if it works well

There's also China's made CoronaVac by SinoVac that the UAE PM just received

www.aljazeera.com

UAE prime minister receives coronavirus vaccine shot

Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum is the latest Emirati official to get the vaccine, developed by China’s Sinopharm.