• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Jon Carter

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Clint Eastwood Ditches Donald Trump for Mike Bloomberg in 2020 Election

Longtime Republican Clint Eastwood is pulling support from Donald Trump in the 2020 election. In an interview with the Wall Street Journal, the actor-director signaled that he thinks a different candidate would be the better choice.

"The best thing we could do is just get Mike Bloomberg in there," he said.

After endorsing Mitt Romney and famously delivering a speech at the 2012 Republican National Convention to an empty chair that represented Barack Obama, Eastwood never officially backed Trump. In a 2016 interview, he expressed displeasure with Trump and Hillary Clinton, saying there's "much funny business on both sides of the aisle."

He praised Trump at the time because he was "onto something" and "secretly everybody's getting tired of political correctness, kissing up."

"We're really in a p—y generation. Everybody's walking on eggshells. We see people accusing people of being racist and all kinds of stuff. When I grew up, those things weren't called racist," he said.

Now, he's changed his tune a bit on Trump.

While he approves of "certain things" the president has done, he wishes that he would act "in a more genteel way, without tweeting and calling people names. I would personally like for him to not bring himself to that level," he said.

I see it's been talked about a bit in different political threads, but I feel it deserves its own thread as Republicans have touted Eastwood as a Trump supporter, and instead he's gonna back a Democrat. Yes, I know, Bloomberg is basically a Republican and shares many of the same problems as Trump, but for a Republican to go against Trump in order to back a candidate from the other party remains a big deal.

Get me off your lawn and onto an empty chair if old.

Deleted member 4783

Oct 25, 2017
This will fit here as well
cddf39e.jpg

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
He'll switch back to Trump as soon as Bernie becomes the nominee, this is a pointless endorsement.

WillyFive

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I think Bloomberg would have been much more effective at running as a Republican. He wasn't gonna bother with the party process anyway with the DNC, so he might as well had run as a Republican.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Me in a time machine race through Hollywood:

Mel - that's enough to drink let's put you in a cab and you really need to hang out with Danny Glover more!

Clint - Firefox was cool but remember the Russians aren't our friends and the Dems aren't your enemy!

Downey Jr - do NOT pass out in that lady's bed (checks notes) without doing a lot of coke!

Oct 25, 2017
cddf39e.jpg
The idea that Bloomberg is as bad as Trump is laughable, in that there's no evidence Bloomberg would continue to dismantle functional bureaucracy and undermine the intelligence apparatus.

Yeah, he's not a great candidate. But Trump is far and away the most damaging president in a generation in every single metric save for perhaps direct body count.

El Bombastico

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The idea that Bloomberg is as bad as Trump is laughable, in that there's no evidence Bloomberg would continue to dismantle functional bureaucracy and undermine the intelligence apparatus.

Yeah, he's not a great candidate. But Trump is far and away the most damaging president in a generation in every single metric save for perhaps direct body count.
Jesus, this forum really has formed its own little ridiculous bubble.

Imagine stanning for "Stop and Frisk" Bloomberg of all people...

P-Bo

One Winged Slayer
Jun 17, 2019
Tonight at 9, shithead exchanges support of one shithead for another shithead.

Deleted member 4783

Oct 25, 2017

Oh noes :( poor Bloomberg, being bullied and stuff

Deleted member 32561

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 11, 2017
Dude my mom hates Bloomberg and she's leaning pretty heavily Pete or Klob after being a huge Hillary fan, it's not a bubble, people know damn well the fucked up shit he's done and will do, especially those who have lived in or have friends who lived in New York during his reign.

Let the poster do his memes.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
"When I grew up that wasn't racist" is sure a take. Yiiiikes.

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
cddf39e.jpg
This is funny and I don't understand why anyone would be offended at this, and I say this as someone who agrees that yes, Trump is still worse for various reasons.

Let's all chill and enjoy a funny meme mocking gross racist sexist billionaire, guys? No?

Big Tent Expat

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
This is debatable. As we've seen with Trump, the republican cult adores his attitude and the brain-dead way he deals with everything.
I didn't say all or even most. But I strongly suspect a lot of recent "independents" are just Republicans that are uncomfortable with how open Trump is about their attitudes. They want the same old hatred but with less guilt.

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't say all or even most. But I strongly suspect a lot of recent "independents" are just Republicans that are uncomfortable with how open Trump is about their attitudes. They want the same old hatred but with less guilt.
Or maybe they want the tax cuts and global imperialism without the blatant bigotry?

Parthenios

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
This is funny and I don't understand why anyone would be offended at this, and I say this as someone who agrees that yes, Trump is still worse for various reasons.

Let's all chill and enjoy a funny meme mocking gross racist sexist billionaire, guys? No?
It's not that it's unfair to Bloomberg (it is but he's a billionaire so who cares) but that it's Jimmy Fallon running his fingers through Trump's hair. It's normalizing Trump by saying he's "only" as bad as Bloomberg when he's several orders of magnitude worse.

This is dangerous in an election season as low information voters become more aware of these and form opinions based on memes.

Astro Cat

Mar 29, 2019
I mean fuck Eastwood and his jingoistic shit forever (and Bloomberg) but this is pretty funny.

Khanimus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Greater Vancouver

Considering Bloomberg as "not great" sure is a fucking understatement.

Demand better than racist sexist billionaires. Trump being a caricature of an oozing rectum has fucking lowered the standards of acceptability...

hendersonhank

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Imagine stanning for "Stop and Frisk" Bloomberg of all people...

Imagine equating a generic conservative to a grotesque monster who replaced the director of national intelligence with a right-wing blogger with zero intelligence experience, because the previous DNI said true things he didn't like -- as just the most recent example of countless -- and then saying that anyone who points out the dishonesty of this equation is "stanning".