Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
www.hollywoodreporter.com

‘Loki’ Marks Biggest Marvel Series Premiere on Disney+

The show outdraws 'The Falcon and the Winter Soldier' and 'WandaVision' in Nielsen's streaming rankings, while 'Sweet Tooth' rises to No. 1 overall.

Loki delivered Marvel's biggest series premiere on Disney+ yet, according to Nielsen's streaming rankings. Netflix's Sweet Tooth, meanwhile, displaced Lucifer as the top overall streaming title in the week of June 7-13.

The first episode of Loki racked up 731 million minutes of viewing time, significantly higher than the premieres of The Falcon and the Winter Soldier (495 million minutes) and WandaVision (434 million) earlier in the year. Loki, which premiered on Wednesday, June 9, also had two extra days to gather viewers as a result of Disney+ switching the release dates for its originals from Fridays to Wednesdays. More than 14 million Disney+ accounts watched the premiere, based on its 52-minute running time.

Sweet Tooth catapulted to the top overall spot in Nielsen's rankings in its second week. The eight-episode series, based on Jeff Lemire's comic, grew by better than 80 percent to 1.43 billion minutes of viewing time. That was enough to knock Lucifer out of the No. 1 perch, though the series still drew more than 1 billion minutes of viewing time. The latter fell by about 45 percent from 1.84 billion minutes the previous week.

Nielsen's streaming ratings cover viewing on TV sets only and don't include minutes watched on computers or mobile devices. The ratings only measure U.S. audiences, not those in other countries, and currently only include Amazon, Disney+, Hulu and Netflix in its rankings.

Nielsen's streaming top 10s for June 7-13 are below. Original streaming films are marked with an asterisk; movies with a simultaneous theatrical release have two asterisks.

Original Series

1. Sweet Tooth (Netflix), 1.43 billion minutes viewed
2. Lucifer (Netflix), 1.01 billion
3. Loki (Disney+), 731 million
4. The Handmaid's Tale (Hulu), 422 million
5. Lupin (Netflix), 237 million
6. The Kominsky Method (Netflix), 235 million
7. Ragnarok (Netflix), 182 million
8. Longmire (Netflix), 156 million
9. Jurassic World: Camp Cretaceous (Netflix), 142 million
10. The Great British Baking Show (Netflix), 137 million
Loki-What-did-you-expect-loki-disney-43737014-540-280.gif

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
The shows have been going from strength to strength. Can't stop, won't stop.

Sleepwalker 2022, book it

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
and we still got What If?, Ms. Marvel, and Hawkeye this year

we eatin

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Its so weird they don't include PC and Mobile viewing numbers in this considering the ways people's viewing habits have shifted over the last decade.

JayCB64

Oct 25, 2017
Wales
Woah, 700+ up from 400+ seems like a substantial jump, Marvel Studios must be extremely happy with that. It's been a fantastic show so far, I really can't wait for Hawkeye/Ms Marvel/What If this year too.

I'd be curious to see if (Black Widow movie spoiler)
Yelena helps give Hawkeye a leap in numbers being as that movie would be very fresh in the minds of many - even more so with Black Widow being on D+ for free in October, near to when the show will likely be out.

Vertpin

Oct 27, 2017
How would we rank the three shows so far?

The Falcon and the Winter Soldier
Wandavision
Loki

I haven't seen any of them.

AniHawk

No Fear, Only Math
Oct 25, 2017
it's so, so good. fingers crossed they stick the landing next week.

shaneo632

Weekend Planner
Oct 29, 2017
Wrexham, Wales
Surprising tbh. Wandavision feels like the one that had really penetration on social media etc to me (though ironically my least favourite).

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Weird how we still haven't seen any Ms.Marvel or Hawkeye footage.

Marvel has a lot to market right now. Can't get things too busy. Even if you consider BW and Loki "done" in terms of marketing, they still have What If?, Ms. Marvel, Hawkeye, Shang-Chi, Eternals, and to a degree Spider-Man (which they don't directly market but don't want to step on) just in the next six months.

It's a balance to strike between hype and overload.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Marvel has a lot to market right now. Can't get things too busy. Even if you consider BW and Loki "done" in terms of marketing, they still have What If?, Ms. Marvel, Hawkeye, Shang-Chi, Eternals, and to a degree Spider-Man (which they don't directly market but don't want to step on) just in the next six months.

It's a balance to strike between hype and overload.
Marvel has a pattern, push 2 things, tease a third. When BW and Loki wrap up you will see the focus shift to full court press for Shang Chi, Eternals getting pushed a bit harder, and then build up to Hawkeye

SCUMMbag

Prophet of Truth - Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
It's the best Marvel show because it's actually having some fun.

I still don't understand how they were able to take the premise of Wandavision and make it feel so lifeless.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
It's the best Marvel show because it's actually having some fun.

I still don't understand how they were able to take the premise of Wandavision and make it feel so lifeless.

WandaVision wasn't having fun? Wat lol, the Agatha song alone proves you wrong

Jakisthe

Oct 25, 2017
How would we rank the three shows so far?

The Falcon and the Winter Soldier
Wandavision
Loki

I haven't seen any of them.
Haven't seen Loki, but both WV and FatWS have some serious structural issues. FatWS has a higher proportion of stronger episodes though, so I'd have that over WV I guess.

Monkey D.

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
i love this show. The cast is fantastic. They work perfectly together.

1.Loki
2.Wandavision
3. Falcon/Winter soldier

Cipherr

Oct 26, 2017
Maybe you folks felt different to me, but I found the show very sterile. It was like someone reading from a joke book rather than actually telling a joke, if that makes sense.

I agree with this especially on the first two episodes. I personally didnt like the first two very much with the sitcom stuff, it was bland. I know what they were aiming for, but I just personally didnt really latch on until ep3 and beyond. After that it was better.

That last ep though, I like it less everytime I see it. Its aged poorly already and its like a month old.