Vans or Converse?

• Vans

Votes: 170 55.4%
  • Converse

Votes: 137 44.6%

• Total voters

Seijuro

Oct 25, 2017
I used to be a Converse guy, but made the switch over to Adidas, which are much more comfy. Never got a pair of Vans, but maybe I should try one.

Deleted member 268

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Converses look better but are shockingly uncomfortable given their popularity. I got a pair of purple ones I really like the look of but I avoid wearing them if I know I'll be on my feet a lot.

skeptem

Oct 25, 2017
A pair of all black converse high tops is a staple for me. But they are not an every day shoe. Plenty of more comfortable options from addidas and Nike.

BAN PUNCHER

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
GeRijIN.jpg

Musha_Soturi

Oct 26, 2017
I love and own both. I have narrow feet so converse fit me perfectly and I think are more aesthetically pleasing, but vans are so damn comfy

Tigress

Oct 25, 2017
Washington
I associate converse with making my bunions bigger. When I was a kid they were the rage for a bit. I really wanted a pair and my mom warned me they looked narrow (I have wide feet). I didn't care and she bought me a pair. I learned quickly enough they were painful for me to wear and I even thought they made my bunion even bigger. So that didn't last long. I still thought they were cool but realized I couldn't wear them.

I have no idea if vans are wider but I'd still pick converse mainly cause they're the only fabric shoe I've liked. In general I prefer leather sneakers, boots, or hiking boots.

Oct 29, 2017
I've been a converse man since 13, even wearing some vintage 70s in my wedding. Had a pair of Chuck 2s before it, really bummed they seemed to do away with that line. Even though they weren't nearly as easy on the eyes as previous All-Star lines, they were damn comfortable for my flat feet.

Galkinator

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
This thread made me discover the existence of Converse Chuck Taylor II

How does it compare to the OGs? I consider buying a new pair now. curse you era

Username1198

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Space, Man
For everyone saying chucks are uncomfortable, try using dr scholls or some other type of shoe cushion. Replace every 6 months or so. The difference is amazing.

Oct 27, 2017
The issue for me with converses is that they don't ever look right in jeans imo on me. And I'm not even wearing baggy boot cut stuff. Sk8 Hi's are always on my rotation

I do love the look of some grungy all stars though

Deleted member 17092

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I love my Chuck's for how they look but they are like the least comfortable shoe I own. I should really put a new insole in them.

neon_dream

Dec 18, 2017
EYEBLK-HERO

Comfortable, good looking, cheap, easy to slip on and off when I need to run some errand, go check the mail, whatever. Love em.

99Luffy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
People saying converse isnt comfortable. Are you also referring to the newer ones with lunarlon soles?

Oct 25, 2017
I remember in my freshmen year of high school I used to wear New Balance shoes. Some girl told me my shoes looked like the kind of shoes one of our lame teachers would wear. I think I went and got a pair of Vans that weekend.

I still use a pair of New Balances to run

Tons of dads wear vans. There is a fine line for new balance and dad territory

Breqesk

Oct 28, 2017
I prefer Converse, but the classic All Stars/Chucks can definitely get really uncomfortable if you're on your feet for too long. (Wore a pair to Gamescom one year... Mistake.)

ZxQ4xmO.jpg

If I'm wearing trainers these days, I'll generally go for a pair of Star Players. They're a good spin on that classic low-top Converse look, and they're dramatically more comfortable than All Stars. Just wish they were available in a wider range of colours--there's the navy pictured, which I like, and a good white, but that's pretty much it for decent colours.

Deleted member 16365

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I always preferred Vans to Converse. Though it's really thin, Vans have a bit of soul under your foot, whereas Converse it's just a thin strip of rubber.

Not

Oct 25, 2017
US
I have both. I probably wear converses more

Wore some discontinued parasailing green size 13 chucks when I got married. Still have 'em.

Deleted member 8579

Oct 26, 2017
I don't know how anyone can wear converse and be comfortable. Vans aren't that much better but some certain skate shoe types were okay when I was younger. I wouldn't wear either now.

My friend went to the doctor about sore muscle problems in her feet, legs and the doctor said, do you wear converse or vans?

Loxley

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
As someone who has long, thin feet, Converse feel like they were made for me. High-tops in particular fit like a glove.

louiedog

Oct 25, 2017
Vans never fit me well, but I think it's my weird heels because it's not the only shoe that gives me problems. I stopped wearing Converse years ago because I walk a lot and would wear through the soles in a few months.

Kayo Police

Nov 4, 2017
Vans for me, but then again nearly all of the shoes I own are slip ons. Hate high tops and don't like laces at all.