• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Biteren

Oct 29, 2017
Just gotta make it though 1 more 10 hour shift...

Then i can have pizza and knee slide to awesome!!

Oh and bayonetta too i guess!!

NioA

Dec 16, 2019
I'll grab Vanquish with a good discount, already played Bayonetta on Wii U multiple times and I don't feel the urge to replay it. Vanquish on the other hand is a new experience for me and Platinum always delivers.

NightShift

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Happy to report that Vanquish runs buttery smooth of base PS4. I just got to the first train section and I didn't notice any hiccups.

Definitely going to try to get the Platinum for it now that it's easier to play.

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
Does Vanquish allow you to remap the controls?
I always remember it had an issue where you couldnt easily slide-aim-shoot at the same time.

P A Z

Oct 27, 2017
Barnsley, UK
Happy to report that Vanquish runs buttery smooth of base PS4. I just got to the first train section and I didn't notice any hiccups.

Definitely going to try to get the Platinum for it now that it's easier to play.
Thank you for reporting on base PS4.

Absolutely does my head in that devs/pubs are choosing to keep base console owners in the dark RE: res and fps these days.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
You certainly can't on Xbox. Only available in a bundle.

They just launched in NZ/Australia and they are available seperately on Xbox. Dunno why they were only available to pre-purchase in the bundle.

Buy Vanquish | Xbox

The hit sci-fi shooter returns. An overpopulated Earth suffocating under limited resources looks to Providence, the solar-powered space colony for support. When Providence is suddenly taken over by a mutinous group and its technology used to devastate cities, it’s up to a specially trained unit...

Will 100% be just buying Vanquish I reckon. Don't need Bayonetta again!

Deleted member 61469

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 17, 2019
PSA for xboners who bought digital: you can switch to NZ and play right now. Doesn't matter where you bought it from.

Kyrios

Oct 27, 2017
Can't wait to get into Vanquish tonight. Game's so good.

Would have bought it individually but I figured I haven't played the original Bayonetta since I platinumed it on PS3, so it would be nice to replay that where it plays better lol

Falus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Well I have bayo collection for switch but never had time to play yet

and never played vanquish. so I bought the collection as I guess bayo will be the final superior version. Will play 2 on switch after

i put NZ on my Xbox so both are unlocked

I played 2m on bayonetta b ur the beginning is so fuzzy that I can't know if it's 4k. 60fps for sure

vanquish is strange. It looks very crisp and is 60fps for sure but it has quite the aliasing I never saw in a 4k game

Gilver

Banned
Nov 14, 2018
Costa Rica
Just bought the thing and I can't wait to play Vanquish on something other than a 360. Can't wait to see how both games look on vastly better hardware, I specifically want to bash those weird blue Terminator dudes into the ground in Vanquish.

rude

Oct 25, 2017
Individual games are up on PSN in the US. Can't wait to experience 60fps Vanquish when I get home tomorrow. :)

May 10, 2018
Haven't played Bayonetta in about 6 years and that was on PS3. Only played the demo for Vanquish so that's basically going to be a completely new experience.

Alastor3

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Still no standalone version for Canadian Psn store

Protmind

Oct 27, 2017
Is this really 4k 60fps on the PS4Pro? All the references I've seen only explictly call out the X1X as being 4k.

Xtortion

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
United States
Only really wanted Vanquish but ended up buying the bundle because the individual games showed up as "not available" on Xbox One (I'm assuming you can buy them separately now?). Game runs like a dream, super clean and smooth, and load times are insanely short. Played up to chapter 3 on hard and it's been a good time.

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
Only really wanted Vanquish but ended up buying the bundle because the individual games showed up as "not available" on Xbox One (I'm assuming you can buy them separately now?). Game runs like a dream, super clean and smooth, and load times are insanely short. Played up to chapter 3 on hard and it's been a good time.

Shortened load times seems great. It's been a while since I played, but I remember there being like pauses in between areas or something for it to load.

mausterhunter

Feb 1, 2019
I'm glad I could pick up Vanquish standalone, even though it cost a bit more than the bundle. I already have Bayonetta 1/2 on WiiU, haven't played them, and can't justify another copy of it.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Only had to time to play the first two chapters of Vanquish but it looks and feels insane on the One X. Sliding around and popping off headshots feels buttery smooth at 60 FPS. Excited to get through the rest of it.

Don't know whether or not I'll go through Bayonetta anytime soon as it was only a few months ago that I replayed it for the umpteenth time on Switch but that 4K may tempt me yet. Anything that can pretty up that splendid but ugly ass game is welcome.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Is there gonna be a physical version? Also, I hope DF gets on this.
Bayonetta-Vanquish-10th-Anniversary-Bundle.jpg

dedge

Sep 15, 2019
I've played a bit of Vanquish on PS3 and rebought it on Xbox One BC just before this was announced so I'm looking forward to playing the first chapter on both back to back to really appreciate the upgrade. I last played Bayo on Switch portable so that should be fun as well.

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
Watched a stream of Vanquish earlier on a PS4. It looked mostly smooth, except for one part when he was looking at a swarm of missiles in the sky early on in the game and the framerate got real chunky (not to mention it crashed once while the game was saving).

Looking forward to trying Vanquish on Xbox One X. I bought a copy when it went BC on Xbox One, but still haven't really tried it.

I bought both versions because I love the steelbook (even though the steelbook looks identical from what I can tell, lol).

Really looking forward to the Digital Foundry analysis for these games too.

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
Does the PC versions have something upgraded too?

I have both of these in Steam waiting to played since a long time (I know, I know)