• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Funky Papa

Oct 28, 2017
ReactiveStory1-wej73f.jpg

Still trying to decide if Toreador or Tremere, tbh.

Oct 25, 2017
This game is from a relatively unknown studio, and probably wasn't given infinite fuck you money... so I can't bring myself to gripe about stiffness in faces/clothing/animation.

KaiLeng

Sep 8, 2018
Eh, they'll fix it. That girl was voiced by Ciri's voice actress btw. It seems she is everywhere these days.

Teeth

Nov 4, 2017
This game is from a relatively unknown studio, and probably wasn't given infinite fuck you money... so I can't bring myself to gripe about stiffness in faces/clothing/animation.

Yep.
The fact that we're getting this game at this fidelity alone is amazing.

When it was first rumored, i assumed it would be top down like Pillars.

modestb

Alt-Account
Banned
Jan 24, 2019
BG3, Vampire, Cyberpunk in 2020. Poor 2017 will be replaced as GOAT year so soon?!

Landford

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The game mood is like I remember Bloodlines being, not how it was. Which is like, the perfect thing you should strive for in a sequel for a cult classic.

Cannot wait.

YaBish

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I hope they take as much time as they need with this one

Orwell

Banned
Jun 6, 2019
Environments look promising, but the animations look rather poor, especially when having a conversation with an NPC.

Moff

Oct 26, 2017
looks perfectly fine to me.
outer worlds this year, bloodlines 2 next year. I am very excited.

Oct 27, 2017
I loved it. My only concern is that, to me, they're putting a lot of emphasis on gameplay, so I hope that doesn't deter them from giving us a good storyline (or very simplistic quests)

ArkkAngel007

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
If Slug is a thin-blood, it's interesting that he has the physical appearance of a Nosferatu. Typically Thin-bloods don't manifest their clan lineage curse. Might be how the game introduces you to diablerie as a way to join a clan.

Zache

Unshakable Resolve
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
If Slug is a thin-blood, it's interesting that he has the physical appearance of a Nosferatu. Typically Thin-bloods don't manifest their clan lineage curse. Might be how the game introduces you to diablerie as a way to join a clan.

Expressing a clan curse as a thin-blood is one of the character creation flaws you can take in the tabletop game, so it's possible. Makes you wonder what happens if a thin-blood that's already expressing a clan curse diablerizes a full vampire of another clan.

decoyplatypus

Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn
This is one of those "gameplay" trailers that looks closer to a target concept than actual, playable gameplay footage. But with that qualification, I guess they've got cool art and lighting, and the things you'd want to see (conversation trees, mix of melee and firearms, factions, blood abilities) are all there.

KaaiCluney

Hardsuit Labs
Feb 28, 2018
Seattle, WA
This is one of those "gameplay" trailers that looks closer to a target concept than actual, playable gameplay footage. But with that qualification, I guess they've got cool art and lighting, and the things you'd want to see (conversation trees, mix of melee and firearms, factions, blood abilities) are all there.
What was shown is 100% in-game footage from the current build of the game.

Still a lot of work to do, though.

Soap

Oct 27, 2017
2020 is getting stacked. All these games and new consoles? Possible a new PC... Do I even have the money D:?

Feb 16, 2018
Man there is no way the game on my base PS4 is looking that good also going to make it sound like a jet taking off. But man this looks right up my alley i'm excited.

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
Dying Light 2, Bloodlines 2 and Cyberpunk, all within 4 months.

No holiday Steam sale for me this year, I'm building a new PC.

Lumination

Oct 26, 2017
Conversation animation really does look like it was ripped out of a Mass Effect game from close to a decade ago.

I've liked all the other trailers, but this one is missing something. Felt a bit generic rpg without the grime or grittiness I expect from the vampire genre.

Kinthey

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I feel like those are really impressive graphics. It's just the animations that drag it down.

Any idea if the main character will be voiced?

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
I feel like those are really impressive graphics. It's just the animations that drag it down.

Any idea if the main character will be voiced?

They will not be.
Given different clans have different responses to things, Paradox felt that'd just get way too expensive. This is still a AA budget game.