Status
Not open for further replies.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Finally got the first level to 30 minutes and was instantly killed by a grim reaper. I thought you needed to get to 31 minutes to unlock a thing. How do you survive that?

super-famicom

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Finally got the first level to 30 minutes and was instantly killed by a grim reaper. I thought you needed to get to 31 minutes to unlock a thing. How do you survive that?

Back in the day if you made it to 30 minutes, you cleared a run. The Reaper killing you just ends the run so you can restart.

In recent patches, Reaper is now killable, but you need to have lots of upgrades and a strong load out of evolved weapons to do it.

I last played in late winter so I'm not exactly sure what changes have been made. I did make it to 31 minutes just by being strong enough to live that long. I really should start playing again, but I'll wait for the 1.0 patch.

Aronleon

Apr 9, 2020
If only I had either one on that run, haha. I was all focused on AOE weapons and didn't put anything into shields. Reaper just went "lol" and spawned right on top of me and I exploded.
You will have to do some extra runs before you are at the reaper killing state, there are upgrades you will need for that and those are on the later levels, but as a general tip having one laurel on any run is a life saver. Then you can start fucking around with the characters you feel most comfortable.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
You will have to do some extra runs before you are at the reaper killing state, there are upgrades you will need for that and those are on the later levels, but as a general tip having one laurel on any run is a life saver. Then you can start fucking around with the characters you feel most comfortable.

I was doing so insanely well with Soul Eater + upgraded holy water + cross/heaven sword + holy book I didn't even think to get a laurel. Ah well.

Shroki

Oct 27, 2017
I was doing so insanely well with Soul Eater + upgraded holy water + cross/heaven sword + holy book I didn't even think to get a laurel. Ah well.

Laurel + Clock is the only EASY way to beat the Reaper.

Without the evolutions of those that you unlock later, you just need those + high DPS. Water, daggers, guns will do it. Esp if you get the revives/have purchased the revive. You might need all lives for the Reaper.

Aronleon

Apr 9, 2020
For now I would say play how ever you want and have fun with the weapons you like, you will know when its reaper killing time, there also one part that might look impossible but thunder dude was my choise for that, I just dont want to spoil the surprise but you will know what im talking about when you get there.

Oh one more thing if you havent already, go check those giant question marks on the maps.

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
www.resetera.com

40th Golden Joystick Awards nominations (2022) News

The nominations for this year's Golden Joystick Awards have been announced! Voting is open now over at GamesRadar (www.gamesradar.com/goldenjoystickawards/) and the full list of this year's nominees is below: Best Audio: We Are OFK Xenoblade Chronicles 3 Metal: Hellsinger Teenage Mutant Ninja...
www.gamesradar.com

Golden Joystick Awards 2023: Voting has closed and winners revealed on Nov 10

Your Ultimate Game of the Year will be crowned on Nov 10 in our live broadcast
ez best early access

kyo2004

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Bogotá D.C.
Day 3 of the Advent Calendar/Road to 1.0 (sorry for the double post...)

store.steampowered.com

Vampire Survivors - Road to v1.0: Day 3 - Steam News

On Day 3 we're bringing back something from the past! If you have been following the development of VS since the early days, then you probably know that the Inlaid Library used to have a different background music. That track was a major inspiration for the development of the Library (eg...

Mirage

Oct 25, 2017
Also there's a new beta branch update that lets you skip 5 item chests, happy that's finally a thing.

kyo2004

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Bogotá D.C.
I will spare you the triple post, kyo2004 :>

Road to v1.0: Day 4
A new skin for Pugnala Provala

Nice...hoping they release the OST on Bandcamp or physical to buy it...

I was waiting for that triple post streak!

Mankind ill needs a triple post such as that!!!

LOL... I was planning to edit my last post for today's announcement... XD...

Mirage

Oct 25, 2017
I've....barely heard any of the music in VS. I turned it off like the first day. I just listen to other music or have a video going on my other monitor when I play it.

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've....barely heard any of the music in VS. I turned it off like the first day. I just listen to other music or have a video going on my other monitor when I play it.
I usually hate video game music, who ever did the music is very good, it's very catchy and fits the theme perfectly.

One of the only reasons I keep playing it.

Sardello

Oct 30, 2017
Stupid question, but I've notice this now only not having the game... why are all the characters' names Italian?
Some sounds very stupid like "Divano" (sofa) that takes inspiration from an strange Local TVs "Guru" (Il Divio Otelma)

SaberVS7

Oct 25, 2017
Stupid question, but I've notice this now only not having the game... why are all the characters' names Italian?
Some sounds very stupid like "Divano" (sofa) that takes inspiration from an strange Local TVs "Guru" (Il Divio Otelma)

Your post...

DxSnoLUUYAAmYrZ

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
Started playing this on my deck last night and next thing I knew 3 hours blew by and I had to hurry up and fall asleep 😂. Incredible how easy it is to get hooked

MadMike

Oct 27, 2017
Started playing this on my deck last night and next thing I knew 3 hours blew by and I had to hurry up and fall asleep 😂. Incredible how easy it is to get hooked
It's a great handheld game. I've played this more than everything else combined on my Deck so far. Been rough on my left stick, though. Ordered some silicone lubricant to see if that helps with the plastic grinding.

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017

i'd be surprised if like >80% of anybody who plays this game regularly doesn't have it on mute most/all of the time. that said it makes me appreciate the new update more

what i've heard is pretty good though, if i had time i'd do full runs with no podcats/music/ect going on

Deleted member 35509

Account closed at user request
Banned
Dec 6, 2017
So, something weird is happening. I get really nauseous after playing for about 10 minutes. I notice as I'm staring at the center of the screen, there's this weird effect while I move around, like I'm zooming out slowly but I'm not, like my eyes are creating this strange effect. I started getting nauseous and what's funny is, this happened playing on my Deck a few days ago.

I fucking love the game but can this be a thing? Or am I imagining it?

retrobotjr

Jan 10, 2018
the constant closing in of enemies from the side could be having a weird effect on your vision, yeah. for me a similar thing happened when I was playing guitar hero 2 a ton lol, I would look around the room and for a while everything looked like it was scrolling up. Probably a good sign to take a break for a bit!

poptire

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I bought this yesterday and cannot stop playing it. I've unlocked a few characters and the second level, but went back to the first character because it turns out I can kill way more bats early on with the whip.

Status
Not open for further replies.