• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ss_lemonade

Oct 27, 2017
Does anyone know how well the original vive lighthouses work with the index headset and knuckles?

I still have the original vive and was curious if the new 2.0 lighthouses are worth the additional $250 for the full kit.
I believe the old ones work fine. The new ones have a wider fov/range and I think they also are not susceptible to tracking errors anymore when you have reflective surfaces in the room like a mirror.

I got my order in two hours after the restock went live and it says my order is processing. Not sure how that happened.
That's great for you, and sucks for us that ordered seconds after the thing went live and still got backordered lol. How does that even happen?

Tommyguns

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Mine is still on "processing" completed order/payment at 1:26 eastern time yesterday.

Seeing some people are having theirs switch to "shipping soon". Hoping mine changes soon

Carbon

Deploying the stealth Cruise Missile
Oct 27, 2017
Honestly might change again. Seen that someone who was in the "queue" group that had 2-4 weeks for controllers was moved into processing. I think by the end of this week everyone's time will be updated.
God I hope so. It seems almost everyone who ordered the Headset+Controller combo got the "after 8 week" shipping timeframe, no matter when they ordered.

Madjoki

Oct 25, 2017
EU, Still processing here, got order thru 7 min after opening (19.07) (based on receipt time)

Lagamorph

Wrong About Chicken
Oct 26, 2017
I really don't get how they've ordered this.

People who've ordered several minutes after go live (or even hours) are in processing yet I have an order confirmation with a 17:00 UTC timestamp and I'm on 2-4 week back order?

Paganmoon

Oct 26, 2017

People who've ordered several minutes after go live (or even hours) are in processing yet I have an order confirmation with a 17:00 UTC timestamp and I'm on 2-4 week back order?
Could be a regional thing, like some regions had more stock than others, or that they're still combing through orders. Doesn't seem it was fully automated.

Madjoki

Oct 25, 2017

It would reserve for two days (originally one day) the moment you added to cart. Since reservation didn't pay or enter shipping address those would be faster to complete. And checkout was busted for long time for many.

Could be a regional thing, like some regions had more stock than others, or that they're still combing through orders. Doesn't seem it was fully automated.

Also this. Valve has US & EU warehouses with separate stock. (And Degica has warehouse for JP stock)

Lagamorph

Wrong About Chicken
Oct 26, 2017
It would reserve for two days (originally one day) the moment you added to cart. Since reservation didn't pay or enter shipping address those would be faster to complete. And checkout was busted for long time for many.

Also this. Valve has US & EU warehouses with separate stock. (And Degica has warehouse for JP stock)
I'm in the UK so maybe we just got shafted on stock.

I already had payment card and shipping address info on file, but the instant I hit order it just went to "Ordered" and shows the 2-4 week shipping time.

Madjoki

Oct 25, 2017
Just changed shipping soon. Full index VR kit FIN/EU

Looks like I got too just now.

I already had payment card and shipping address info on file, but the instant I hit order it just went to "Ordered" and shows the 2-4 week shipping time.

You've always to enter shipping address and since early this year billing address in some areas like EU. Saving won't do anything.
Reason why you didn't got asked is you got put to backorder based on the moment you pressed the button.

But I'd be look at tomorrow, since that's when deadline to pay is for those who got in. There's bound to be a few who changed their mind.

Lagamorph

Wrong About Chicken
Oct 26, 2017
Looks like I got too just now.

You've always to enter shipping address and since early this year billing address in some areas like EU. Saving won't do anything.
Reason why you didn't got asked is you got put to backorder based on the moment you pressed the button.

But I'd be look at tomorrow, since that's when deadline to pay is for those who got in. There's bound to be a few who changed their mind.
Like I say though, some people are clearly ones who pressed the button after me yet aren't on back order, despite also being in Europe. That's the part I'm not getting.

Deleted member 1839

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
wyfyuuqw3vl41.jpg

From Reddit.

Oct 25, 2017
New York
Just checked on my Index controllers order (US) and it has switched from "processing" to "shipping soon". Kinda exciting even though I have yet to even see an estimated ship/arrival date. Hoping for the best. Having Half-Life: Alyx in my steam library feels great, though!

And now an update to my order (US):

Shipped Status: Shipped
Shipped on Mar 10, 2020 -Tracking #0000000000000

The actual tracking number doesn't work yet, but oh baby!

Deleted member 1839

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Gonna assume that first batch will be sent out today, tomorrow and maybe Friday depending on if your status still says processing instead of shipping, while some back orders will probably move up in queue to processing by the end of this week. The rest of the backorder will probably start being process by the end of the week or start of next week.

gogojira

Oct 27, 2017
I went ahead and got in line. Says 8 weeks out for me. Currently undergoing a house remodel so don't have a play space anyways, timing should be perfect.

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
My Shipping Status is still Processing. I'm in Canada.

Same here. I'm a little concerned because I just checked and they took the money out of my Steam Wallet and my PayPal account but the PayPal portion isn't reflected in my bank account so I'm wondering if that's what's causing the delay in the status being updated. On the other hand, I have Half-Life: Alyx in my Steam library and got every other confirmation message and e-mail from Valve so I'm probably fine.

Oct 25, 2017
Hey, Valve, why have you not released the Index in Australia, yet? It's been damn near an entire year since it came out.

ss_lemonade

Oct 27, 2017
Like I say though, some people are clearly ones who pressed the button after me yet aren't on back order, despite also being in Europe. That's the part I'm not getting.
Are the orders that are switching to processing/shipped for the full kits? Or are there people who just ordered the controllers also getting status changes? I also placed an order (just for the controllers) mere seconds after the the floodgates were opened and I'm still at the 2-4 week state as of now.

NesFe00

Oct 28, 2017
My shipping status changed from 5-7 weeks to 2-4 weeks today. Hopefully, it'll change again in the next couple of days.

hydro94530

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Bay Area
Same here. I'm a little concerned because I just checked and they took the money out of my Steam Wallet and my PayPal account but the PayPal portion isn't reflected in my bank account so I'm wondering if that's what's causing the delay in the status being updated. On the other hand, I have Half-Life: Alyx in my Steam library and got every other confirmation message and e-mail from Valve so I'm probably fine.

I used PayPal also and mine still says processing, this is for the full kit. On PayPal it shows as an automatic payment and it's complete, so I think Valve got their money and PayPal and our banks will sort it out. I have a credit card attached to mine, not sure if that would make it different.

Edit: Mine just changed to Shipping Soon!!

Last edited:

Carbon

Deploying the stealth Cruise Missile
Oct 27, 2017
Headset and Controllers just changed to shipping soon (US).
Bah! BAH I say!

When did your order go through?
Also congrats!

Still 8 weeks out 😭
same
😩

I put a support ticket in to Steam, only got the same boilerplate response I've seen elsewhere. Looks like they're just working through the orders manually.
So I guess they DID actually have Headset + Controller combos to sell. Either a tiny, tiny fraction of the other ones, or they're getting to those orders later.

Last edited:

Lagamorph

Wrong About Chicken
Oct 26, 2017
Are the orders that are switching to processing/shipped for the full kits? Or are there people who just ordered the controllers also getting status changes? I also placed an order (just for the controllers) mere seconds after the the floodgates were opened and I'm still at the 2-4 week state as of now.
Mine is a full kit order as well.

Tommyguns

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Mine changed to "shipping soon" last night. Awesome to see orders shipping already! Hoping mine does today