• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't get this. They could do a large closed beta just through email and not allow footage and you still wouldn't be able to play. This actually gets more content out there to watch on the game at the very least if you want.
Do you get mad at all closed betas?

I think it will be open to everyone soon enough. By that I mean maybe around a month or so.
The content is what makes it worse. If it's this hidden thing with NDA's and whatever then it's easy to ignore. Those are also generally not masses of normal people getting in, much more limited in scope, much less polished, etc. With Valorant it's basically the full game as it will launch later on (yes I know ranked isn't in, you know what I mean).

Again, a big part of the appeal of this game to me is starting at the same time as everyone else. I didn't start Overwatch until years later and I'm too behind on knowledge to care about dedicating myself to it. Same thing with Seige. I hate the idea that other people are going to get extra weeks of practice before I can even download the client.

benj

Oct 27, 2017
The content is what makes it worse. If it's this hidden thing with NDA's and whatever then it's easy to ignore. Those are also generally not masses of normal people getting in, much more limited in scope, much less polished, etc. With Valorant it's basically the full game as it will launch later on (yes I know ranked isn't in, you know what I mean).

Again, a big part of the appeal of this game to me is starting at the same time as everyone else. I didn't start Overwatch until years later and I'm too behind on knowledge to care about dedicating myself to it. Same thing with Seige. I hate the idea that other people are going to get extra weeks of practice before I can even download the client.
what about all the people who have played it for hundreds or thousands of hours before this closed beta? why don't they ruin your enjoyment?

benj

Oct 27, 2017
There are far less of them. You're being disingenuous. Plenty of normal players are getting to play now.
I am not "being disingenuous." I think that, two months from now, your odds of coming up against a player that got in before today will be not that far off from your odds of coming up against a player that got in today. I also think that the question of which one of you has more practice in the game will have much, much more to do with your personal habits than with which one got into the game first. I think you're inventing a problem where one doesn't exist.

Shifty Capone

Oct 27, 2017
Los Angeles
Been watching a stream for for a long time just waiting for an invite. As much as I dislike this way of getting into the beta, it does make great marketing sense. So many of my friends are watching streams and enjoying it. I will go into this game when (if!) I do get in knowing a lot about the game. Hopefully get one of those drops soon! Good luck everyone.

benj

Oct 27, 2017
As much as I dislike this way of getting into the beta, it does make great marketing sense. So many of my friends are watching streams and enjoying it. I will go into this game when (if!) I do get in knowing a lot about the game.
yeah. I can't remember the last time so many people I knew were watching streams for a game they couldn't play yet, talking about it and getting excited to play it.

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I am not "being disingenuous." I think that, two months from now, your odds of coming up against a player that got in before today will be not that far off from your odds of coming up against a player that got in today. I also think that the question of which one of you has more practice in the game will have much, much more to do with your personal habits than with which one got into the game first. I think you're inventing a problem where one doesn't exist.
I can't help how I feel, and I'm frankly done validating my feelings to you. If you don't get it then you don't get it. I wanted to start playing the same day that the general public got to start playing. When your "closed" beta is fully disclosed to the public and freely streamable on Twitch then it isn't really a closed beta -- it's a soft launch.

Alastor3

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I mean yeah that's a matter of opinion but I love running this at 2-300 maxed and not having to turn off bloom or motion blur etc. It's clean, readaable and I like the characters and maps.
Graphic fidelity and aesthetic isn't the same thing. It could be a low build setting to run well on all platform while still looking good with a good color palette

TheRed

Oct 31, 2017

Ehh I get that feeling but it's really not a big deal in the grand scheme of things. Not comparable to being years late. It's impossible to be in on the start of every game. There is always other people before you unless you made the game. If the game is truly successful it will be competitive for a very long time with plenty of chances to learn everything.

I remember people paying lots of money to get into Dota 2 beta in like 2012 but that sounds so silly now. I don't think everyone that did that became pro

Niceguydan8

Nov 1, 2017
I can't help how I feel, and I'm frankly done validating my feelings to you. If you don't get it then you don't get it. I wanted to start playing the same day that the general public gets to start playing. When your "closed" beta is fully disclosed to the public and freely streamable on Twitch then it isn't really a closed beta -- it's a soft launch.
Riot isn't soft launching the game to under 100,000 people.

The general public doesn't have access to the game right now, stop it. There's a pretty small subset of the PC population that has access to it. I get what you're saying but I honestly think you are blowing it out of proportion.

TheUnseenTheUnheard

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 25, 2018
Um so. My Riot games account lists my Region as Romania. That will probably stop me from getting into the beta right.

I can't seem to change it.

Onlygames

Alt Account
Banned
Mar 21, 2020
De_Dust2
First match I dropped a 30bomb and on my second I came close to a 40 with 37 kills in total.

Can someone give me the number to an esports org? ;p

Niceguydan8

Nov 1, 2017
Played about 5 games today. I think it's really fun. I'm completely awful at this game and I probably will be for a while, but I think i'll stick with it so long as there are enough that are just as awful as I am (I'm sure there will be), albeit somewhat casually.

Conkerkid11

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Could it be, finally...?

oibaZmN.png

!!!!!
BtxxHxi.png
Grats!

I hate you

thePopaShots

Nov 27, 2017
I played four hours and man is this fun, as someone who never played much CS, but played a lot of Overwatch I think this is a great blend of the two. The combinations of abilities makes for some really cool strategies. You can basically block people into certain allies and just destroy with a couple of the ults. It was also nice having most people on mics. I went on a nice give game win streak at one point. Really has a, just one more game, feel when things are going well.

Sponged

Oct 29, 2017
Didn't get a key, would love to play, this is the worst way to do a closed beta, if you can even call it that.

Zafir

Oct 25, 2017
Had the stream running all day, and quite a lot of the previous "drop day". Still nothing yet.

Jogi

Prophet of Regret
Jul 4, 2018
Played about 5 games today. I think it's really fun. I'm completely awful at this game and I probably will be for a while, but I think i'll stick with it so long as there are enough that are just as awful as I am (I'm sure there will be), albeit somewhat casually.
lol I feel the same ;( Maybe we should team up hahaha

voOsh

Apr 5, 2018
Wow it seems like a lot of you got in on the last wave of invites. I hope that means they are expanding past the rumored 50k invites... please rito

Status
Not open for further replies.