• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ArjanN

Oct 25, 2017
https://steamcommunity.com/games/790820/announcements/detail/1591387752909858102

2165052983ea7aaad80a4a4489b6450a134f366b.png

"Valkyria Chronicles 4 has been updated to the Complete Edition which now includes all bonus DLC!

Previous owners of Valkyria Chronicles 4 will automatically receive the Complete Edition content.

Squad E, move out!"

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
whaaaaaaat

Which reminds me, I really need to go back and finish Valkyria Chronicles 4.

Naga

Alt account
Banned
Aug 29, 2019
That's great, that's an awesome game! Hopefully more people will grab it.
That'd be nice if they did the same on console as well, but I guess it's harder to do.

Mechaplum

Enlightened
Oct 26, 2017
JP
Damn, great stuff. I stopped my playthrough on PS4 because am waiting for the DLC to go on sale. Should have just gone and bought PC instead.

Deleted member 34873

User-requested account closure
Banned
Nov 29, 2017
Wow that's awesome. Guess I'll be double dipping next time the PC version is on sale. I played through the game and all the DLC for full price on Switch and loved it.

Oct 26, 2017
Hope the console editions (particularly Switch for me) gets this. This must NOT have done well if they're doing this not that long after the price drop of the game and even the DLC which is pretty rare I think.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
whaaaaaaat

Which reminds me, I really need to go back and finish Valkyria Chronicles 4.
...I keep forgetting that I own VC4
Dammit, beat it y'all :( It's rad.
Damn, great stuff. I stopped my playthrough on PS4 because am waiting for the DLC to go on sale. Should have just gone and bought PC instead.
The DLC isn't very interesting, and there's a ton of post-game content included in the base package, so there's really no reason to do that.

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
Dammit, beat it y'all :( It's rad.

Last mission I remember doing was

the one where the ship gets caught in the big crack in the ice, and the enemy parachutes down on it from above

and I nearly saw half my squad die in the blink of an eye.

For some reason I have this problem with both VC3 and VC4 where as the game progresses, I reach a threshold where the odds look so unfavourable that subconsciously I don't even want to play anymore, despite knowing that yo I can just restart the level if it goes bad what am I even afraid of. I can't explain it and I really need to get over it!

Oct 25, 2017
The state of the DLC model was a factor that put me off from buying this game at launch, so I'm hoping this change gets rolled into the Switch version as well.

TacoSupreme

Jul 26, 2019
Last mission I remember doing was

the one where the ship gets caught in the big crack in the ice, and the enemy parachutes down on it from above

and I nearly saw half my squad die in the blink of an eye.

For some reason I have this problem with both VC3 and VC4 where as the game progresses, I reach a threshold where the odds look so unfavourable that subconsciously I don't even want to play anymore, despite knowing that yo I can just restart the level if it goes bad what am I even afraid of. I can't explain it and I really need to get over it!

The game's actual final battle is one of the jankiest shitfests I've ever encountered. I beat it pretty quickly but it actual soured my opinion of the entire game for awhile.

It's still a great game, but the quality of the missions went south about 3/4ths of the way through. If you're interested but don't want to rage, I'd advise just watching a let's play.