• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

bishopp135

Oct 29, 2017
theconversation.com

Vaginas, pheromones and TikTok: what is the strange new trend of ‘vabbing’?

Vabbing is the act of taking one’s vaginal secretions and using it as a perfume – while not a new trend, it is taking social media sites like TikTok by storm.

"Vabbing", while not a new trend, is taking social media sites like TikTok by storm.

Vabbing is the act of taking one's vaginal secretions and using it as a perfume. People dab the secretion on various erogenous zones such as the elbow, wrist or behind the ear. The practice is believed to increase a person's sexual attractiveness.

Vabbing became popularised recently by TikToker Mandy Lee. She argues, in a now-deleted video, it can help people get dates. Mandy encourages her followers to try it, recommending places such as the gym and crowded bars. Since her original video, there's been thousands of responses, with the #vabbingtrend hashtag having over 1.5 million views.

Vabbing has been criticised as an act of desperation. Vabbing is also seen as another tool of patriarchal oppression in which women are taught to value their self-worth by their ability to sexually attract men. It has also been regarded as unhygienic and disgusting, and has become fodder for many comedians.

However, there is a long history of disdain for the vagina's smell. Vagina's are viewed as unhygienic, dirty or contaminating. This has been regarded as something shameful and to be disguised, making it a breeding ground for capitalist markets to create insecurities and develop products as a response, such as the development of vaginal cleansing products, marketed to help women "feel fresh" and "confident", and to mask natural vaginal odours

The trend of vabbing, and those taking it up, could herald a new direction where the vulva and vagina are embraced. These build on public attempts to celebrate the vulva and vagina, such as Gwyneth Paltrow's vagina scented candle, artistic exhibits that showcase a diversity of genital appearance, or even Aimee Gibbs's (Aimee Lou Wood, from the television series Sex Education,) labia-themed cupcakes.

Landy828

Oct 26, 2017
Clemson, SC
I mean, I'm attracted to my wife's scent.

Yeah, that's all I have on this. I can't say I've been near anyone doing this.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
Vabbing is the act of taking one's vaginal secretions and using it as a perfume
in a now-deleted video,
ARIZ76k.jpg

May 14, 2021
This isn't new. I remember years and years ago stories of women rubbing their secretions under the nose of the person they're interested in under the guise of wiping something off of their upper lip.

TheBaldEmperor

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Good puss is one of the best smells on earth. That being said, I'm conflicted on this. I almost gagged reading an article that for some reason included directions on how to properly do this.

fontguy

Avenger
Oct 8, 2018
I promise you you will get more dates if you smell like citrus or some shit.

EDIT: And if you already smell like citrus or flowers or whatever, try sandalwood.

Tanerian

Feb 24, 2018
As much as I love the smell....

If I can smell your vag while you are dressed and my face isn't near your crotch my immediate mindset is going to be " oof, she got something going on down there" and not "omg sexy".

Dice

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I have a vanilla spray that makes me smell like ice cream. 🍨
I've had no complaints and I'm sticking to it.

New trend. LOL. This has been going on since before the beginning of time.

Yeah I can totally picture medieval ladies doing this for some reason lol
No doubt this is a thing as old as time.

Last edited:

Deleted member 4461

User Requested Account Deletion
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Okay, so... put me in team "this is desperate."

Like, if we're objectively looking at the dating market and solely talking about ease of getting attention (not sexual assault, misogyny, or anything else), women get dates pretty effortlessly because that's kind of how our society is set up.

So, I am doubtful that this is going to make the difference between a woman getting asked out and not getting asked out. Then again, if that shit mattered, people wouldn't be able to profit off of the insecurity of women.

So this is a weird-ass combination of "you're not enough" and the craze for natural/home remedies in lieu of chemicals.

I have a vanilla spray that makes me smell like ice cream. 🍨
I've had no complaints and I'm sticking to it.

Okay, in spite of everything I just said, this post did make me think...

When an attractive person also smells attractive, it is a dangerously strong combination. So I still think this is weird as hell, but it makes slightly more sense.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
please dont rub your vagina juice on my face

at least not on the first date

TSM

Oct 27, 2017
As much as I love the smell....

If I can smell your vag while you are dressed and my face isn't near your crotch my immediate mindset is going to be " oof, she got something going on down there" and not "omg sexy".

In my experience this is going to be most people's reaction. People will assume someone has bad hygiene if they can actually smell that coming from them.

Thorn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Every TikTok "trend" i've heard about has made me flinch and or gag when I hear about them.

Sarobi

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Her vaginal scent will lure you in! Her inability to keep a job, wash her own dishes, or even unclog her shower drain will scare you off!

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
Still not worse than the time some lady tried to convince everyone that Alexander the Great was actually a woman based on her own bullshit.

Oct 29, 2017
Wouldn't be surprised this has already been a trend a thousand times. People never stop taking inspiration from other mammals whether it applies to us or not.

QSTXsel.gif

Deleted member 4461

User Requested Account Deletion
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

From the cited paper's limitations:

The current study had a number of limitations. Participants were not asked if they smoked, were suffering from a congested nose, or had any known medical issues affecting olfactory capability. Future studies should eliminate any participants that exhibit behaviors potentially leading to olfactory loss or have any known olfactory problems.

Sample size was too small to determine any meaningful findings with regard to mate guarding and relationship status. Small sample size and small number of visual stimuli may also account for the differences in our findings and Jütte and Grammer (1997).

Even with that aside, they did find that facial attractiveness was rated higher, but even there, the effect size was rather small:

We analyzed ratings of facial attractiveness using a mixed-model analysis of variance (ANOVA), with condition as a between-subject factor and the different faces as a within-subject factor. There was a trending difference between the control and copulin condition, F(1, 97) = 3.26, p = .074, partial η[SUP]2[/SUP] = .03; facial attractiveness ratings were higher in the copulin condition (M = 2.4, SD = 0.6) than in the control condition (M = 2.1, SD = 0.6).

We next tested if men exposed to copulins were less discriminating when rating facial attractiveness by calculating a variance across ratings for each participant; this was analyzed with a between-subjects t-test. There was no difference between the control and copulin, t(97) = −1.27, p = .209; variance across ratings were similar in the control (M = 0.72, SD = 0.39) and copulin (M = 0.81, SD = 0.39; see Figure 1), suggesting men exposed to copulins were equally discriminating when ratings facial attractiveness.

So, eh.

Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017
Must be a real nice story to tell the kids how you met.

"We danced, then I gave your daddy the ole mustache"

JaseC64

Enlightened
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Strong Island NY
"Vabbing is also seen as another tool of patriarchal oppression"

Hmm. I mean don't engage on this act? Do men expect women to dab themselves or what? I don't mean to be rude but I don't really understand this.