Eumi

Nov 3, 2017
Looks like the game is at a critical mass where it no longer need the explicit racist crowd to be successful. This is a good step but the rogue element will just move to voicechat. This is a good will gesture but will never solve the real issue. The nature of this game and games of its ilk tend to attached these kind of crowd.
To be fair expecting Ubisoft to solve racism is a bit much.

TheFireman

Banned
Dec 22, 2017
Saw this earlier. It was great seeing people get pissed on Reddit and trying to lie they got banned just for swearing.

Nintendo

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
People are posting on reddit:"I got banned for no reason!!" "I only said you stole my ace"

Later in the comments:"yeah I said faggot before that"

It's hilarious!

rommy

Banned
Feb 12, 2018
I think you need to re read what you wrote. It reads sarcastic instead of something you honestly believe.
I mean, post after post here that are accusatory that I'm insinuating both are on the same level of griefing or insult.

I never said either had a place. My post was that both are pointless. When I play my game, I don't want people pounding the keyboard, screaming into the microphone, trolling nonsense, etc. Take that stuff to discord or private chats. For some reason elevating this conversation to the next level of removing all toxicity from gaming led to me being labeled as insensitive to racism or being an apologist for something as vile and foolish.

aerie

wonky
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Good on Ubisoft, every game needs to do this. The precedent needs to be set that this type of shit it not acceptable. Way too much bigotry and hate speech is acceptable in gaming culture.

Zacmortar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Good, however what if it's being used by said member of racial group in this context.
I mean yeah just don't say it online but what if you didn't know? What if you're playing with friends.

There should be a warning at least, right before a ban.
Edit: Oh right it's 27 mins at first.
I mean, most people dont use their own slurs. Considering the trauma they know it causes, and the hate behind them.

OP
OP
packy17

packy17

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Saw this earlier. It was great seeing people get pissed on Reddit and trying to lie they got banned just for swearing.

Yeah, anyone who says they got banned for anything other than racism/homophobia/hate speech is lying. From the reddit post about this 4 months ago :

5f6fe730ac.png

Thatonedice1

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Working on that also.
I mean, post after post here that are accusatory that I'm insinuating both are on the same level of griefing or insult.

I never said either had a place. My post was that both are pointless. When I play my game, I don't want people pounding the keyboard, screaming into the microphone, trolling nonsense, etc. Take that stuff to discord or private chats. For some reason elevating this conversation to the next level of removing all toxicity from gaming led to me being labeled as insensitive to racism or being an apologist for something as vile and foolish.

That's why I'm saying you should probably re-read your post. It comes off as sarcastic and demeaning. I undestand you are not defending the use of hate speech by comparing it to trash talk but your post comes off like you are. Maybe just rephrase it.

Oct 27, 2017
Awesome. I love this game so much, but the community can be incredibly toxic and elitist at times, even for a multiplayer game, it's really unfortunate. I hope other games can Implement something similar.

I hope they can do something about other community issues as well, but I'm sure those aren't easy fixes for things like partied up team killing.

Oct 25, 2017
Good shit, Ubisoft. That first tweet in OP is fucking hilarious, haha. Savage AF.

Looking forward to every major developer implementing this ASAP. It should literally be this easy.

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017
That last tweet is amazing. Pretty much. People like that need to be quarantined. Like it's so hard not to use hate speech.

TheFireman

Banned
Dec 22, 2017
The subreddit will be more fun on Monday when they start banning boosted players.

"i gOt bAnNeD fOr nO rEaSoN!! rEeEeEeE!!!"

One of my teammates is boosted and I know it's gonna happen to him. It's weird too, he's regularly Plat and over level 190. I don't get why someone who's decent and has played so much would boost.

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
If only there was a way to do it for voice chat. Even if you can mute people, by the time it reaches that point it sours the game knowing the types of people on your team. I feel like people do this on voice far more than text.

Oct 27, 2017
I give this game and ubi a lot of shit but good on them for this. If only the rest of the game industry took this stance in regards to hate. We need to excise this hate and asshats from the industry and community, their money shouldn't be welcome.

TheBaldwin

Feb 25, 2018
Good.

Rainbow Six was littered with the N word and 'White Power chants'. If you honestly cant stop saying it in a video game, you're pathetic

DavidDesu

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Glasgow, Scotland
Just read the comments on the pcgamer tweet reporting this.

Had to reply at some nuggets on there. These people claiming the world is getting too soft or too feminine...

They genuinely are the kind of cunts who would have painted anti-Jewish slurs on Jewish business store fronts in Nazi Germany. Really little difference other than these people are 99% even more cowardly because they have their online shield.

Cooking

Oct 27, 2017
As someone that has played this since launch.....this is great. Game is a lot of fun but has such a terrible community

TheYanger

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Looks like the game is at a critical mass where it no longer need the explicit racist crowd to be successful. This is a good step but the rogue element will just move to voicechat. This is a good will gesture that will never solve the real issue. The nature of this game and games of its ilk tend to attach these kind of crowd.
They've been abnning for it forever, but you had to manually report people before. Every time I sent a report in I'd ask why, since they finally could read the chat (They couldn't for a long while, that's how you know it's a console game at heart, text chat is literally hacked in) why it wouldn't just auto ban people since there's no acceptable context for that stuff.

So I'm super glad they surprise launched this shit.

Also, as much as it's annoying hearing this stuff on voice chat too, of course, it's FAR FAR FAR less common, because you can't voice chat wiht the enemy team, which 90% of the time is who these dipshits want to call something derogatory.

Mahonay

Oct 25, 2017
Pencils Vania
A lot of shit fucks losing their shit about this. GOOD.

The toxic, racist, homophobic, sexist Twitch community definitely took hold of Siege.