lordmrw

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
Legends never die.

wpid-resize.jpg

The kid in the background is thinking exactly the same thing I am: "WTF"

Temp_User

Oct 30, 2017
In this age of tight clothing, i want the current NBA to return to the 80's short shorts.

John was the last of a dying breed. Basketball shorts should be 3 or more inches higher from the knee.

nba-finals.jpg

famikon

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
ベラルーシ
That's just cycle.
In 10-20 years from now, young people will be asking question "USera: Why were laughably tight clothes a thing in the 2010s?

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
What is Hip Hop's cultural impact on white America? That's basically what it was. At least for me and my friends. Tommy Hill Jeans a size or two too big (never those weird jnco jeans) Timb Boots and Nike Blue and Black Hoodies.

Fashion was a lot better in the 90's, wearing skinny jeans looks painful as fuck.

Nerdyone

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I've been rewatching Friends as background noise while I get other things done in the evenings, and my god the guys wear such terrible clothing.

a12bbb6d12570f07d706dad28767f9a3.jpg

Why were guys wearing things at least two sizes too big?? I don't get it.

Also, Ross is an asshole and Phoebe is the best thing about the show.

They're a bit large but I wouldn't say 2 sizes.

Also, it's not like today's clothes are so great either. Never think that TODAY is the height of style as it changes everyday

Oct 26, 2017
Nevermind tight clothes. What's up with ripped jeans? I see teenagers every day with pant legs half torn off. I guess that's the evolution of the factory wear look, which was also silly.

The most hilarious thing was two girls who came walking down the street in identical clothes with identical factory made tears. Oh so individual.

tokkun

Oct 27, 2017
The thing I find weird is that I still frequently see men wearing baggy jeans with the waist below their hips so their ass is hanging out. It was a comically silly trend to begin with, it is really impractical, and it is super old at this point. Yet somehow it still hangs on.

fallingedge

Oct 25, 2017
Slim fitting clothing is the best. Super comfy. Especially the jeans with a bit of elastic to them. I do enjoy the more athletic cuts too. Helps the asthetics haha.

Stardestroyer

Oct 31, 2017
Yep the good old days of the Steve Harvey suits and a waste of fabic.

kqoy0mbp4g5z.jpg

A well selected slim fit is better than a baggy mess.

It was crazy comfortable. Ever wonder why Kevin Smith has remained super chill all these years?

616.png
  • People still wear looser clothes when at home and form fitting clothes for more formal settings. Form fitting is more flattering.

Last edited:

Chojin

Oct 26, 2017
90s were a godsend for fatasses like me.

I mean i was still fat but I felt more comfortable.

My wife wants me to wear all this tight fitting shit these days.

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017
When I was in HS late 90's/early 00's, tight clothing was associated with homosexuality. That is, only gays wear tight clothes. It was avoided unless you wanted to be made fun of. I also think some of it was hiphop culture becoming mainstream in the mid 90s.

Gays were always a decade ahead of fashion anyway so I'd look to them now to see what will be mainstream in 2028.

Baron Von Beans

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I still sport them around today. Idgaf about fashion trends, and my baggy clothes are comfortable af.

I've got two pairs of UFO pants I keep in circulation on the reg. They are the best. Streamers are in the pockets, or cut off though. I hate stuff hanging off my pants. I just like the super thin super baggy-ness to them. So comfortable.

Coinspinner

Nov 6, 2017
I still wear all my clothes baggy. Extra long too, if I can find it. I want my t-shirts to brush against my knees, and my shorts to extend below the knee. And lots of room for air flow.

Gaia Lanzer

Oct 25, 2017
A size or two larger isn't that bad, but...
baggy%20pants.jpg

I bet whatever you're wearing is wack.
... that shit looked stupid! Remember how those were big in the 90s and how they also tried to bring back bellbottoms? Even back then I thought that shit looked lame. The big, baggy pants looks like when a little kid tries on their fathers clothing. What, man, did you fuckin' shrink, homie? You're fuckin' "Honey I Shrunk the Kids'? LOL! There was just certain trends back then I even thought were fuckin' shit while everybody else was zoning out to them like they were the gold standard.

Deleted member 9479

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
TOPL fashion tastes and trends change.

Oh wait, I'm probably wrong, OP probably gonna keep doubling down.

sphagnum

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just wait until all the baggy shirts and turtlenecks from K-dramas make their way over.

Raptomex

Oct 25, 2017
I always thought the excessive baggy clothes were ridiculous when I was a kid. I would see kids wearing shorts that are big and go down to their ankles and pants they're constantly pulling up which I still see today so I guess I've just gotten used to it. Then I started noticing the ripped clothing trend and think that's ridiculous, too. More so than the baggy clothes. I used to put holes in my jeans all the time just from playing outside. But then again, you can just put holes in your own clothes intentionally so I find it ridiculous that people actually pay for it. Then I saw high waits double jeans for the first time last year or early this year going for $695. Now that is ridiculous. I wear what I want and don't give a shit about the trends since I've clearly never cared for them anyway.
nzink3006711554_q1_2-0._UX357_QL90_.jpg

Bjomesphat

Nov 5, 2017
Lets be real, men are still wearing clothes that are too big. Your pants shouldn't be bunched at your shoes, your tucked in shirt shouldn't blouse over your belt, your sleeves shouldn't be like windsocks, and your shorts shouldn't go below your knees.

For me, I was 12 in '99 and that was the last year I wore baggy clothing. In '00 I was in 8th grade, then '01 went into highschool, and it was a real challenge finding clothes that fit.The market for fitted clothes just wasn't there in terms of men's fashion at the time unless you went high end. I would search everywhere for men's extra small, and even went to youth boys if necessary. And even then, just because the sizes were small, the cuts weren't exactly fitted, so I still had a similar problem of clothes not fitting my body type. Fortunately fashion trends have caught up and I can find normal fitting clothes pretty much anywhere now.

Deleted member 4346

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
90s did have some goofy stuff. But the "rugged" urban style was great- loose but not ridiculous jeans, hoodies, boots or sneakers, tees, almost everything dark colors. Most comfortable shit ever.

Can't wait for the thread about skinny clothes in 20 years.

LOL it'll be in far less time than that, try 10 years. In the 90s we mocked the fashion trends of the 80s, the neon and denim and all that shit. Skinny jeans, or tight jeans with the sag, look ridiculous now, just like JNCOS did in the 90s and were mocked even at the time.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
Baggy 90s sweaters should never have gone out of fashion if we want to be frank. My dad's wardrobe consistrtd almost exclusively of black slacks, baggy sweaters, and outlandish button downs. I'll give you the button downs have to be erased from existence, but 90s sweater fashion was on point. I'm overweight so maybe it helps, but he has a closet of em from 20 years ago that look pristine, and I rock em like a boss during the winter. The compliments I get for going retro like that are at an all time high.