• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
That's sad, RIP. I remember him vaguely but from what people who knew him better, a good person.

whytemyke

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Saw another forum user post about it on Twitter this morning. Really sad. I feel like fairly recently I saw him talking about moving to a new apartment or something.

RIP

EatChildren

Wonder from Down Under
Oct 27, 2017
While I wouldn't say I knew him super well, Dawg was one of those internet guys that by virtue of exposure and familiarity they become a staple identity on your social feeds and networks. He added me on Facebook going all the way back to the GAF days, and he posted here for awhile too, plus we were mutuals on Twitter. For a guy I'd never met personally I'd still seen the incremental updates about his life; his study and training, his eventual employment and promotions in the rail system, getting his own apartment, his car, etc etc. Even goofy dumb shit like transforming from a dorky nerd to a dapper lad thanks to a trendy haircut and fancy threads.

Facebook provided a window into each step of his personal life and his social engagements, and Twitter and forums were a great way to enjoy his cheeky humour. It's surreal to see someone so familiar and so young just gone with such tragedy.

Android Sophia

The Absolute Sword
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I wasn't super close to Dawg, but he was still one of my first mutuals and friends on Twitter that wasn't a part of the Persona sub-community, and I'll always appreciate how kind he was towards me. Especially because I wasn't a very good person all those years ago.

The idea that someone as kind as him is no longer in this world has completely shocked, and I'm still having a lot of difficulty processing that.

Rest in peace, Dawg.

EatChildren

Wonder from Down Under
Oct 27, 2017
RIP

Do we know what happened?

Suicide, earlier in the weekend just gone. Exact specifics are unknown, but not really the business of anybody other than those close to him. Phazon was very close to him and has been the main source of details on Twitter. His friends and family are still processing it and working things out, so if there's anything more to be said it'll come later.

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
Suicide, earlier in the weekend just gone. Exact specifics are unknown, but not really the business of anybody other than those close to him. Phazon was very close to him and has been the main source of details on Twitter. His friends and family are still processing it and working things out, so if there's anything more to be said it'll come later.

Ah I see. :(

Kas'

Oct 26, 2017
I knew Dawg from the old forum and will always remember fondly all the good times in the MGS community.

Lately we didn't talk that often, but I was always happy for him whenever he posted something on facebook/twitter and he seemed to be doing well. So when I heard he passed away it hit me a lot harder than I could have anticipated. We always take life for granted :(

Rest in peace, friend.

What a legend and awesome person. Going to miss him. May he Rest in Peace.

smurfx

Oct 25, 2017
definitely remember that name but don't remember if we had many interactions. RIP

Vibranium

Oct 28, 2017
Man, I remember him from the MGS community. May he rest in peace and it's sad that he will never get to see a potential remake of MGS and/or Metal Gear 1/2.

My thoughts are with his family and friends.

Ephonk

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
Heard of his death on the Belgian Era discord where he was part of and it hit hard. It has been going through my head since.

Rest in peace dawg. You will be missed.