• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Which one

• Shotgun, TV spider

Votes: 572 80.1%
  • Tank, block spider

Votes: 142 19.9%

• Total voters

Spring-Loaded

Oct 27, 2017
The fight occurs in the place you live, and the spider is attempting to kill you

The TV spider is really fast yet comparably weak, whereas the block spider is slow yet destructive and durable

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017
How big is the tv?

Edit: welp, I'll take my chances with 65" spider

Geist

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I don't know how to use a tank. I do know how to use a shotgun.

On the flip side though, giant spider the size of a city block can't actually live on Earth so might be a pretty easy fight. >.>

chromefrog

Nov 26, 2017
Shotgun. i don't know how to shoot one but it beats shitting myself in panicked confusion while a spider webs up my tank

NickatNite

Oct 27, 2017
California
Shotgun, TV spider, just seems like a easier kill.

Feel like a tank would be too slow up against a spider, plus I don't know how to operated one.

retroman

Oct 31, 2017
f4bdfb37ac9fde95c579fb18c8e97c89.jpg

Qikz

Oct 25, 2017
A city block is huge so a tank probably wouldn't be powerful enough to kill it in one or two hits

pyxl_8

Oct 27, 2017
I feel like the shotgun spider needs to be much larger than that for this to feel like a contest.

Cipher Peon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Shotgun, TV spider.
I've used a gun before and I can try to out maneuver it.

I have no idea how to use a tank and will probably hurt myself before doing anything against a CITY BLOCK sized spider

onpoint

Neon Deity Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
I feel like the tank offers the illusion of safety. A spider that size would crush it easily and tanks are slow.

You better be fast with that trigger on the shotgun though and land solid shots, because spiders aren't slow.

hordak

Oct 31, 2017
Anaheim, CA
A city block size spider would be able to dodge a tank shell. Have you seen spiders move? They're fast!

Likewise a tv size spider would jump over you and bite your head off before you even know it. I'll take the tank so I can just drive away at least

Swiggins

was promised a tag
Apr 10, 2018
I'll take the shotgun and the TV Spider.

Law of proportions mean that a city block sized Spider probably has a chitinous exo-skeleton that can't be pierced by most munitions.

AzureJet

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
Trick question. A tank cannot be operated by a single person *adjusts glasses* so therefore a TV sized spider is the answer.

TheJollyCorner

AVALANCHE
The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
A spider the size of a TV would be so fast and fuck you up before you could likely even get a shot off.
At least in a tank against a city block sized spider you'd have SOME protection and a much larger target.

Deleted member 9241

Oct 26, 2017
TV sized spider, skip the shotgun and go hand to hand

Beren

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Spiders are incredibly fast and I would not want to fight a tv sized one in an enclosed space like my living room. Unless I can enter the room with my shotgun pointed and ready to fire, it's a grim proposal.

KamenSenshi

Nov 27, 2017
Tv sized spider is a nightmare. Faster than a cheetah, ridiculous jumping ability, I'd rather fight a Jurassic Park velociraptor with a wooden spoon. Being the size of buildings makes it a lot less scary looking/intimidating ironically. Sure it could pierce the tank with it's fangs but as long as it misses me I can crawl out of the tank later.

OP
OP
Spring-Loaded

Spring-Loaded

Oct 27, 2017
Spiders are incredibly fast and I would not want to fight a tv sized one in an enclosed space like my living room. Unless I can enter the room with my shotgun pointed and ready to fire, it's a grim proposal.

the fight takes place where you live in either scenario

You start in separate spots of your home/city, and you must find one another.

kidnemo

Dec 11, 2017
People choosing the shotgun option are grossly overestimating how strong/fast/dangerous a "tv sized" spider would be.

Can someone do the math on a city block sized spider to see if they'd be proportionately strong enough to compromise a tank? My heart tells me no, but seeing stuff about how strong ants are for their size...

Khasim

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Either of them would immediately die because there is not enough oxygen in the air to sustain that size so no difference really.
I picked the TV sized option

MrCibb

Dec 12, 2018
UK
Giant TV spider. If I fail, someone else can take it out. But if I fail to destroy the giant giant spider, we're all fucked and I'll go down in history as that idiot who tipped the tank over and failed killing the giant giant spider that ended the world.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Shotgun. Even if I killed it with the first shell I'd use every remaining one I had to be sure.

Patriiick

Oct 31, 2018
Grimsby, GB
Either.

You could sit pretty far away in a tank firing off tank rounds and it's not like you're gonna miss the thing.

In fact, the more I think about it I really don't want a fast moving spider so I'll definitely take the tank and the big lad. Plus I love EDF.

KayonXaikyre

Oct 27, 2017
Assuming I can operate the tank properly in this scenario, the tank spider is better here for me. The TV spider being extremely fast and still huge is a pretty bad losing scenario in close quarters. The big one being slow and easier to hit could lead to an advantage even if the fights longer. I feel like needing to react quickly would be hard to do in a situation like that while I'm also freaked out by how big it is and how it looks.

Oct 29, 2017
I feel like a shotgun isn't going to penetrate the exoskeleton of a spider if it's the size of a large tv. Same with the tank version.

But I would think the tank would have more force behind it, maybe?