• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

would you move to a Latin American country if given the chance?

• Yes

Votes: 35 20.6%
  • No

Votes: 135 79.4%

• Total voters

RM8

Oct 28, 2017
JP
what isnt, getting citizenship isnt too complicated if you have a parent who is one. and from experience cartels target people who have connections in the us that they can extort for money.
Uh, I know tons of Americans who live in Mexico City. This is not to say it can't happen, but it's not something bound to happen to you because you are from the US.

Safety concerns are absolutely valid and that's pretty much Latin America's biggest problem, though.

Oct 25, 2017
Unless you work via internet and are being paid in euros/us dollars and want to save money living somewhere cheaper I dont see the point.

Woody

Mar 5, 2018
Sure. I spent 6 weeks in Colombia a couple years ago and generally enjoyed it. I'm giving it another 5-10 years before I start to consider it seriously.

RM8

Oct 28, 2017
JP
Unless you work via internet and are being paid in euros/us dollars and want to save money living somewhere cheaper I dont see the point.
What happens a lot is people working for international companies being transferred to Latin American branches. It's a fantastic deal because they earn a 1st world salary while living in very affordable countries.

Jun 10, 2018
The racism there isn't that much different than the US, though. The only good thing is that (usually) Brazilians don't own guns
I've navigated racism all my life already. The difference between Brazil and other LatAm countries is there being a sizable community of shared experiences I can be apart of, and thus, combat that bigotry in our own way.

Forgot to mention this, but I would also want to live among the nomadic Garifuna people as well.

Deleted member 2840

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've navigated racism all my life already. The difference between Brazil and other LatAm countries is there being a sizable community of shared experiences I can be apart of, and thus, combat that bigotry in our own way.

Forgot to mention this, but I would also want to live among the nomadic Garifuna people as well.
Oh for communities for sure there are sizeable black communities in Brazil, especially in states like Bahia or other northeastern states. Sadly I don't know how welcoming they are to foreigners.