• Canvass/Knock on Doors

• Fundraise/Organize

• Run for elected office

Results are only viewable after voting.

krazen

Oct 27, 2017
Gentrified Brooklyn
Shout to Ashionok.

We can all recognize hot takes on the gaming side because the stakes there are low and unimportant (outside of the unethical production🤸🏾‍♂️). We expect a level of seriousness in political debate despite plenty of unserious people debating for the wrong reasons and and as a result fall for the okey doke time and time again.

Just because you're making is a valid and morally right point does not mean it's pertinent to the specific discussion currently happening in the thread. We need to thread the line between calling out bullshit, clarifying and challenging positions but also not dunking for the sake of easy rhetorical alley-ops causing thread derails and making nuanced discussion impossible.

We need to recognize that personal politics and opinions grow and change over time -hopefully- in a positive direction and thats the only way to delay the seemingly inevitable apocalypse. Only way is to bring people into the fold through challenging biases, checking our own bullshit that we think we don't have, expose each other to factual information and new viewpoints. THIS IS THE CORE POINT OF THIS THREAD.

TL, DR:

1. Be respectful and watch your tone. No personal attacks or arguments. An asshole is still an asshole even if they are right.
  2. If it's a take that takes less then five seconds of thought don't bother making it.
  3. Report, don't feed the trolls.
  4. Stay on topic and no thread hijacking even if you feel it is for the right reason.
  5. Due to how close reality is to parody, please label joke posts.

Last edited:

Rune Walsh

Too many boners
Oct 25, 2017
iu

GardenPepper

Oct 28, 2017
I still trust G Elliott Morris and his analysis on RFK's endorsement having little to no effect on polling.

poptire

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
www.gregpalast.com

I was on the phone with RFK Jr. When he lost his mind - Greg Palast

This is painful. This is horrible and feels a bit like a betrayal. But I have no choice. Bobby Kennedy Jr. was my friend and co-author. We wrote stories together for Rolling Stone. Bobby introduced my New York Times bestseller and wrote a chapter for Billionaires and Ballot Bandits. And, with...

Looking up Palast, he does have credentials. The story of RFK Jr. is wild.

Bengraven

Powered by Friendship™
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Florida
Note to my future self:

You brought that thread ban for Politics OT4 on yourself because of your dooming. You should be more worried about studying for your licensing exam and going back to Baldur's Gate 3.

Do better. DO SOMETHING.

DON'T DOOM. VOTE.

Bengraven

Powered by Friendship™
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Florida
It's true though. For some people. I know my dad will be reading all of the horrific things that Trump is doing with tears of joy in his face.

Bengraven