Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 5666

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Mia Love winning after Trump belittled her for losing would be something.

Old people watch TV, old people bitch about all the political ads, old people live in Florida. I'm sorry but how do you not know there's a very important senate race going on in your state?
Let's say you're one of the Dems living in Broward: "Gee, I sure hate that Trump! We need to put a check on him!" Again, how do you not know there's a senate race?
Even when I was not plugged into politics, I knew when there was an important race because there is no escaping the metric shit ton of political ads.
Sorry, I just don't get it.
My mom hates Trump and voted straight ticket dem. If the senate race here in MI wasn't on the ballot she wouldn't even question it. A lot of people just don't pay attention to this stuff and just vote their preferred party.

shadow_shogun

Fallen Guardian
Oct 25, 2017

@mkraju
George Conway, veteran Washington attorney and husband of Kellyanne, says: "I'm watching this thing and you know it's like, the administration is like a shit show in a dumpster fire." https://www.acast.com/skullduggery/personalitycult …
10:07 AM - Nov 16, 2018

@jaketapper
"My wife did an amazing thing… she basically got this guy elected. She steadied that boat. He was in the crapper when she took that campaign over." Of Twitter jabs at Trump: "I don't think she likes it. But I've told her, I don't like the administration so it's even."
10:10 AM - Nov 16, 2018

Last edited:

shiba5

I shed
Oct 25, 2017
Maybe I just don't know enough about the makeup of the Broward ballot and senator was hidden really well. I went in and voted party line this time even for people I didn't know because fuck Trump and the GOP. I figured more people would do that this year too.

Punished Goku

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
She will have a similar weakness Hillary had vs. Obama if it is her vs. Beto though. Rally optics which lead to media giving favoritism to one over the other in tv coverage.

The optics of her events compared to stadium filled rockstar screaming rallies of young people that Beto gets will be tough. The media will flock to Beto rallies as they are more like concerts while her events are more like traditional political speeches/rallies. Beto starts rocking out on a guitar at his rallies while dripping in sweat. Media will eat that shit up.

She just won't be able to do the rockstar stadium sort of events like Beto will do. Her strength will more in the debates and those sort of settings. I love Kamala to death but she isn't going to be filling stadiums full of screaming millennials, that isn't her scene.

Crushing debates will be her best path.
Hmmm have we even seen her campaign though? I feel she can build a nice minority coalition in response to the Beto machine.

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017

A sort of moderate libertarian guy I know from a previous job posted an article about him on Facebook and his friends were like "yeah, it's great that a nice moderate guy got elected. Hope to see more like him."

I was going to post the article about how he was mod of a racist Facebook group with a bunch of other trash republicans but I just can't get involved.

Mcfrank

Oct 28, 2017
Old people watch TV, old people bitch about all the political ads, old people live in Florida. I'm sorry but how do you not know there's a very important senate race going on in your state?
Let's say you're one of the Dems living in Broward: "Gee, I sure hate that Trump! We need to put a check on him!" Again, how do you not know there's a senate race?
Even when I was not plugged into politics, I knew when there was an important race because there is no escaping the metric shit ton of political ads.
Sorry, I just don't get it.

Most people did see it. But a small % didn't and that is enough in an election that comes down to fractions of a %. Same with the butterfly ballots in 2000. Most people figured it out, but a thousand or so didn't and that was enough to turn an election (and the Supreme Court).

Fed ballot design guidelines specifically say not to put votes in the same column as instructions because it leads to some people not seeing it. Broward county ignored those guideline and Voldemort gets to be a senator because of it.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
I'd say Florida Dems need to clear house on the elections supervisors in Broward, but they're obviously too fucking incompetent to do anything right.

Maybe Gillum's next job should be to lead the Florida Dem party.

shiba5

I shed
Oct 25, 2017
Most people did see it. But a small % didn't and that is enough in an election that comes down to fractions of a %. Same with the butterfly ballots in 2000. Most people figured it out, but a thousand or so didn't and that was enough to turn an election (and the Supreme Court).

Fed ballot design guidelines specifically say not to put votes in the same column as instructions because it leads to some people not seeing it. Broward county ignored those guideline and Voldemort gets to be a senator because of it.

And it's ALWAYS the GOP that benefits from voting snafus. Always.

Deleted member 5666

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hmmm have we even seen her campaign though? I feel she can build a nice minority coalition in response to the Beto machine.
Yeah, this year she did a sizable number of events for other candidates this year. She isn't bad at it at all but they are your standard sort of political rallies. Not the concert like rockstar events that Obama and Beto do.

I mean it's a pretty safe bet the sort of screaming millennials trying to touch Beto at his rallies really won't be the sort of scene you get at Kamala events. But I think she knows that, that isn't her path.

VectorPrime

Banned
Apr 4, 2018
Man, having 48 senators going into 2020 would have made taking the Senate outright an absolute layup. And the narrative of the Republicans only netting one Senate seat in the friendliest map ever, especially after they took a victory lap on election night, would have been delicious. Fucking Florida hang your head in shame.

Aaron

I’m seeing double here!
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis
Man, having 48 senators going into 2020 would have made taking the Senate outright an absolute layup. And the narrative of the Republicans only netting one Senate seat in the friendliest map ever, especially after they took a victory lap on election night, would have been delicious. Fucking Florida hang your head in shame.
This just means that Florida and Texas will be prime pickup opportunities in 2024.

Nassudan

Oct 27, 2017
No doubt he's Q&A days are over, but the fact that he's there in sight of Trump/SHS as a reminder of their loss is satisfying enough to me.

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
It's funny that these credentials are called a "hard pass" because those are my exact feelings on press briefings.

VectorPrime

Banned
Apr 4, 2018
Thank god for Arizona. With 47 we should be slight favorites to take the Senate. I'd just prefer to be big favorites but well, it looked for a while like we might be at 45 so maybe I shouldn't complain.

shadow_shogun

Fallen Guardian
Oct 25, 2017
DsImRFAWkAEe98O.jpg

Iolo

Oct 27, 2017
Britain
Maybe I just don't know enough about the makeup of the Broward ballot and senator was hidden really well. I went in and voted party line this time even for people I didn't know because fuck Trump and the GOP. I figured more people would do that this year too.

It was hidden well, at the very bottom of a column of dense instructions. US election guidelines specifically call for this never to be done. It's as if an engineer freelanced on the design of a bridge. Let's not blame the victims—they were effectively disenfranchised and the ballot designer should be fined or ostracized. I'd prefer jail, but the US doesn't take its elections seriously enough as a whole.

Edit: I see this was already discussed above.

Ac30

Oct 30, 2017
London
Thank god for Arizona. With 47 we should be slight favorites to take the Senate. I'd just prefer to be big favorites but well, it looked for a while like we might be at 45 so maybe I shouldn't complain.

I know I'd be sad if Dems have 49 seats after 2020 but I'm not gonna lie all I want to see is the US not elect a dipshit antagonistic President. The world can't afford another 4 years of this shit - it would collapse the entire international order.

Wowfunhappy

Oct 27, 2017
What the heck is wrong with Florida? You'd really think they'd be the least likely place to have issues with ballets.

phisheep

Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes
Oct 26, 2017
Every single WH journalist needs to preface their question with "On behalf of Jim Acosta of CNN ...."

Power Shot

Oct 27, 2017
Nelson's probably done if this is true. Disappointing. I really hope the Dem majority in the House spends plenty of time on that voting update policy I read about a few days ago.

BronzeWolf

Nov 3, 2017
Mexico
Twitter thread on Judge ruling on CNN/Acosta vs WH revoking of hard pass: https://twitter.com/pdmcleod/status/1063447121150517250

Paul McLeod‏Verified account @pdmcleod

BIG: Judge Kelly rules Jim Acosta's first amendment rights overrules the White House's right to have orderly press conferences.

Good news, tbh.

Trump is gonna shit bricks when seeing Acosta's face again. Even by not calling on him, just seeing him on the first row is gonna be *chef's kiss*

Status
Not open for further replies.