• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ChucklesB

Nov 4, 2017
Oat milk is delicious but there are better venues for anti-dairy. But seriously oat milk is better than anything else. Suck it dairy.

fragamemnon

Nov 30, 2017
I'm no fan of Cuellar but I appreciate Nancy Pelosi's tempered intervention in that race.

Chasing out a maintenance-free moderate from a D+9 district right before redistricting and replacing them with a left maximalist is really questionable majority-retaining behavior I think the JustUs Dems picked the wrong fight on that one.

Autodidact

Oct 25, 2017
I'm no fan of Cuellar but I appreciate Nancy Pelosi's tempered intervention in that race.

Chasing out a maintenance-free moderate from a D+9 district right before redistricting and replacing them with a left maximalist is really questionable majority-retaining behavior I think the JustUs Dems picked the wrong fight on that one.
Maybe Lipinski will get ousted. Doubtful, though, with other candidates splitting the vote with Newman.

Iolo

Oct 27, 2017
Britain
Apparently Trump has used all the Secret Service for himself. Absolutely embarrassing to have protestors get within a few feet.

Crocodile

Oct 25, 2017

Isn't Cuellar the exact type of Democrat one wants to primary (really conservative voting record it a safe/mostly safe Blue seat)? If not him then who? Nobody?

Autodidact

Oct 25, 2017

Biden leads very slightly in ME, but the big liberal areas have already finished reporting - bad for Sanders.

Y2Kev

Oct 25, 2017
What's the effect if Biden dies during the general? Do we get sympathy votes or is it an instaloss?

Diablos

has a title.
Oct 25, 2017
Biden is doing great speaking

And I am actually glad those anti-dairy fools stormed the stage if only because it better ensure Biden gets top tier security from now on. No more fucking around. Period

ChucklesB

Nov 4, 2017
Yeah. Oat milk for the win.

But I haven't found a good ice cream substitute.

Really? I haven't found that to be too hard. Jeni's and a bunch of other brands I think are very good. I would still rather have Ben and Jerry's and there's no soft serve equivalent I don't think but sweets is the easy part as a vegan. Vegan desserts are delicious, especially pastries and stuff like that.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Biden is projected to be leading by 50 delegates. That's not as much of a margin as one would expect given the blow out nature of the results.

www.nytimes.com

Live Forecast: Who Will Win Super Tuesday? (Published 2020)

The Times plans to publish estimates around 7 p.m., Eastern.

That margin can be overcome. However, there are many caveats to this:

*Bernie undeniably got a lot of early votes when the momentum was up in the air and he lost a ton of late voters to Biden once the momentum switched.

*Biden has been showered with positive news media all day long which will continue into next week.. Sanders the opposite.

*The demographics seem fairly locked in, with AA voters breaking for Biden as well as older voters. He even enjoys superior gender balance. Young voters didn't show up for Bernie and they arent going to be showing up for future states.

*Bloomberg dropping out favors Biden more than Warren dropping out favors Warren.

*Endorsements are going to start rolling in for Biden now that he has shown his electability and it's going to snowball.

*The future states are more friendly to Biden ESPECIALLY in light of today's results.

I think Sanders should stay in and show just how many delegates he can accrue going into the convention. Maybe get a sweeter deal with Biden since they still like each other. A 35-40% section of the Democratic party shouldn't be ignored.

Warren.... should have dropped out 3 days ago. Bloomberg should never have entered the race.

CrabDust

Nov 16, 2017
"We haven't always lived up to those ideals, but under this president is the first time we've walked away from them."

Yeah I'm grading on a curve, but that's not bad.

devSin

Oct 27, 2017
What's the effect if Biden dies during the general? Do we get sympathy votes or is it an instaloss?
Kamala rallies the troops and we ride to glorious victory.

(We lose bad.)

*Bloomberg dropping out favors Biden more than Warren dropping out favors Warren.
Honestly, nothing favors Warren at this point.

She's fucked either way. Stay in, everybody hates you. Get out, nobody likes you.

maabus1999

Oct 26, 2017
Biden is projected to be leading by 50 delegates. That's not as much of a margin as one would expect given the blow out nature of the results.

www.nytimes.com

Live Forecast: Who Will Win Super Tuesday? (Published 2020)

The Times plans to publish estimates around 7 p.m., Eastern.

That margin can be overcome. However, there are many caveats to this:

*Bernie undeniably got a lot of early votes when the momentum was up in the air and he lost a ton of late voters to Biden once the momentum switched.

*Biden has been showered with positive news media all day long which will continue into next week.. Sanders the opposite.

*The demographics seem fairly locked in, with AA voters breaking for Biden as well as older voters. He even enjoys superior gender balance. Young voters didn't show up for Bernie and they arent going to be showing up for future states.

*Endorsements are going to start rolling in for Biden now that he has shown his electability and it's going to snowball.

*The future states are more friendly to Biden ESPECIALLY in light of today's results.

I think Sanders should stay in and show just how many delegates he can accrue going into the convention. Maybe get a sweeter deal with Biden since they still like each other. A 35-40% section of the Democratic party shouldn't be ignored.

Warren.... should have dropped out 3 days ago. Bloomberg should never have entered the race.

With Bloomberg out and for the remaining 36 States, Bernie only won 10 in 2016. Less than a third.

This was his night to take a commanding lead. Not leading is basically losing the nomination.

The Namekian

Nov 5, 2017
New York City
They're literally standing behind him and they switched places!

Yes, yes I understand. I am still salty right now, and have no patience. Expect that for about a week.....

Isn't Cuellar the exact type of Democrat one wants to primary (really conservative voting record it a safe/mostly safe Blue seat)? If not him then who? Nobody?

They need to go at moderates in areas where demographic change is occurring. Literally the same situation as AOC and the rest of the squad. If I was them I would be going after the seat Jose Sorrano is giving up. Though there is a chance that seat might disappear after the 2020 census.

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
I believe the only references to Bernie were the "I'm a lifelong Democrat" stuff.

and yeah, weird, I thought former VP have full time sec service

metalslimer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Biden at the very least looks back to his 2016 version these last two nights.

This race is still close so while I think Bernie blew his chance tonight he is going to want to run this to the convention again. Maybe Joe can give him some concessions up front so he would drop earlier

Y2Kev

Oct 25, 2017
Kamala rallies the troops and we ride to glorious victory.

(We lose bad.)

Honestly, nothing favors Warren at this point.

She's fucked either way. Stay in, everybody hates you. Get out, nobody likes you.
The only thing I can think of is Leo McGarry dying on election night during the 2006 presidential campaign. And he was only a vp.

plagiarize

It's not a loop. It's a spiral.
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
Really? I haven't found that to be too hard. Jeni's and a bunch of other brands I think are very good. I would still rather have Ben and Jerry's and there's no soft serve equivalent I don't think but sweets is the easy part as a vegan. Vegan desserts are delicious, especially pastries and stuff like that.
I live on Cape Cod. We are, basically, ice cream central (hard ice cream dominant, naturally). Here in MA, we buy milk from cows outside the state, cause our dairy cows have to provide the cream we need for ice cream. We buy our ice cream from local ice cream places. Practically no one sells anything vegan.

Status
Not open for further replies.