• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

theprodigy

Oct 25, 2017
Which presidential candidate is more likely to create an unnecessary global economic depression? Which presidential candidate is more likely to start a nuclear war? Which candidate is not suffering from dementia?

If Bloomberg is the candidate and you don't hold your nose and vote for him over Trump then I don't know what to tell you. This is exactly the kind of thinking that shackled us with Trump in the first place.

EDIT: And MOST IMPORTANTLY Bloomberg would actually be held accountable by Congress. Democrats are not going to let him be a king if he does anything truly horrid. But Trump is untouchable to Republicans.

You know, everybody else has addressed the rest of this post.

But it's hilarious how you're attempting to equate Hillary and Bloomberg to try to justify the latter.

edit: and what MizerMan said of course

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Fucking gross, just went to watch the latest Jim Sterling video and I got an ad for our little racist friend.

I'm catching up on the last episode of Stumptown, and there was an ad for our little racist friend, trying to tie him to President Obama. He's just flooding everything with ads.

MizerMan

Oct 25, 2017
Which presidential candidate is more likely to create an unnecessary global economic depression? Which presidential candidate is more likely to start a nuclear war? Which candidate is not suffering from dementia?

If Bloomberg is the candidate and you don't hold your nose and vote for him over Trump then I don't know what to tell you. This is exactly the kind of thinking that shackled us with Trump in the first place.

EDIT: And MOST IMPORTANTLY Bloomberg would actually be held accountable by Congress. Democrats are not going to let him be a king if he does anything truly horrid. But Trump is untouchable to Republicans.

No. People voting for Trump is how we ended up with Trump in the first place.

IggyChooChoo

Oct 25, 2017
Huh, I just heard about a friend of a friend in Memphis who just quit an 8k/month job as a Bloomberg organizer because her boss was abusive.

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
Huh, I just heard about a friend of a friend in Memphis who just quit an 8k/month job as a Bloomberg organizer because her boss was abusive.
giphy.gif

Rag

Oct 30, 2017
I actually think Bloomberg helps us unite around Bernie as a candidate. I've been down on Bernie since 2015, and as soon as Warren is out, Bernie will have my full support. The choices become easier as we go.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
I actually think Bloomberg helps us unite around Bernie as a candidate. I've been down on Bernie since 2015, and as soon as Warren is out, Bernie will have my full support. The choices become easier as we go.

So what you're saying is... Bloomberg is the unity candidate.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017

Is this the guy that is involved in most of the bad shit to happen in the US in the past decade?

Also seeing that he funded GOP senators crucial in them winning the Senate that resulted in stuff like Brett Kavanaugh getting nominated.

ArkhamFantasy

Oct 25, 2017
It's really insane that democratic voters are responding to a Trump presidency by voting for their own Trump-like candidate.

I'm as pragmatic as anybody, and i've gotten into heated debates with countless people to vote for a moderate democrat if they're the nominee, but Bloomberg is so bad that i wouldn't blame someone for not voting for him in the general. It would be a disaster if Trump won again, but at the very least it would send the message to democratic voters not to just elect a guy because you saw him in a commercial and that democrats won't really around a racist piece of shit, make them fear for the electability of their racist candidate.

Rag

Oct 30, 2017
So what you're saying is... Bloomberg is the unity candidate.
Totally. The first sentence in the first draft of that post was actually 'Bloomberg is the unity candidate, just not in the way he wants...' and then I rambled on a bunch, and then I hated all of the words and started over.

Steel

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Shit, can you imagine who Bloomberg would nominate in RBG's stead? We'd be so, so very fucked.
That's the one thing where there isn't a possibility he's worse than Trump on. What's the venn diagram of judges that are tight on gun control, pro-choice and are also shit on LGBT+ issues and would also pass a dem controlled Senate? He certainly wouldn't be nominating heritage foundation cronies.

Drakeon

Oct 25, 2017
Shit, can you imagine who Bloomberg would nominate in RBG's stead? We'd be so, so very fucked.
Better than who trump would nominate.

I feel like y'all don't realize the alternative is 4 more years of trump. Not one person is arguing to support Bloomberg in the primary here, but if he is the nominee he will be infinitely better than trump.

May 26, 2018
That's the one thing where there isn't a possibility he's worse than Trump on. What's the venn diagram of judges that are tight on gun control, pro-choice and are also shit on LGBT+ issues and would also pass a dem controlled Senate?

The choice wouldn't have to be worse than Trump's. He would only have to replace RBG with someone who would favor him, which automatically makes it a terrible choice that affects the SC for decades.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
It's depressing to see all these posts about not voting in the GE if it's Trump vs Bloomberg. Everything you're unhappy about with Bloomberg, Trump is all of that and worse, plus you get Mitch McConnell, and zero progressive legislation, and zero acknowledgment of climate change, continued attacks on benefits so the rich can get richer, and a Supreme Court that's gone for a generation at least, and 25% of current Federal Judges are already Trump appointees. In the GE, the vote isn't Bloomberg (if he wins the nom) or nobody. It's Bloomberg + Dem House and hopefully Dem Senate, or King Trump and the GOP and 4 more years that are even worse than we've had. Let's not have a repeat of 2016 please.

Even in supposed safe States, don't throw away the vote. There's an ongoing push to have the Electoral College system replaced by having each State's EC vote go to the winner of the national popular vote. A landslide vote in big States provides support for that change.

I've just finished watching last nights Bill Maher. He had on Bernie Bro Dem Rep. Pramila Jayapal, and he asked her if Bloomberg wins the nom will Bernie supporters vote for him, and she totally dodged the question, didn't even answer for herself.

Our institutions have failed us on every conceivable level if Bloomberg is the nomination. The problem becomes much, much bigger than the next four years. (also lol that bloomberg wouldn't favor the rich)

I'll vote downballot if he's the nomination.

Kusagari

Oct 25, 2017

I feel like y'all don't realize the alternative is 4 more years of trump. Not one person is arguing to support Bloomberg in the primary here, but if he is the nominee he will be infinitely better than trump.

No he won't. Bloomberg will abuse his executive power just as much as Trump and be far more efficient and effective in doing so. And the Democratic Party establishment will do nothing to stop him.

Deleted member 176

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I don't think better is the right word. Different, but probably not better.

Steel

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The choice wouldn't have to be worse than Trump's. He would only have to replace RBG with someone who would favor him, which automatically makes it a terrible choice that affects the SC for decades.
The alternative in that case is a heritage foundation hack that wouldn't even entertain letting anything through the supreme court that even hints at better and strike down rights already in place.
Why would it be a Dem controlled Senate?
Because otherwise McConnell will block anything and the one thing Bloomberg's completely and utterly consistent on is being anti-2nd amendment, which McConnell would not abide.

Basileus777

Oct 26, 2017
New Jersey
The alternative in that case is a heritage foundation hack that wouldn't even entertain letting anything through the supreme court that even hints at better and strike down rights already in place.

Because otherwise McConnell will block anything and the one thing Bloomberg's completely and utterly consistent on is being anti-2nd amendment, which McConnell would not abide.
Bloomberg isn't principled enough to care about that. I could easily see him appointing someone palatable to the GOP Senate.

May 26, 2018

And you can trust Bloomberg to not create the same environment, just with a different flavor? Dude is not in this for the health of our Union. He's running for the Office of President to benefit himself, as far as I can tell, and in that way he is a lot like Trump.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Bloomberg isn't principled enough to care about that. I could easily see him appointing someone palatable to the GOP Senate.
Then you don't know Mitch well enough if you think he's ever letting a Dem SCOTUS pick get through, even if they do mostly align with the GOP values.

Chaos Legion

The Wise Ones
Oct 30, 2017
Bloomberg refused to support Roberts'
nomination to the SC, while he was a dirty Republican, because he did not believe Roberts would be a defender of Roe v Wade.

His nomination would be miles better than the next kook Trump would pick.

Steel

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
For what? What does Bloomberg gain from appointing a Republican judge after winning the democratic primary, presumably campaigning on appointing certain types of judges? He's too vain for that. He already was against Roberts when he was a pub.

And you can trust Bloomberg to not create the same environment, just with a different flavor? Dude is not in this for the health of our Union. He's running for the Office of President to benefit himself, as far as I can tell, and in that way he is a lot like Trump.
You're kinda arguing past me assuming I have even a modicum of respect for Bloomberg.

FreezePeach

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Bloomberg refused to support Roberts'
nomination to the SC, while he was a dirty Republican, because he did not believe Roberts would be a defender of Roe v Wade.

His nomination would be miles better than the next kook Trump would pick.
Yeah but bloom is awful and that means everything will be just as bad or worse than trump, forget details or specifics. /s

May 26, 2018
I feel like by arguing about Bloomberg I'm accidentally pushing people to support him more.

Fuck. This is so messed up. I think I'll just walk away now.

BlackNMild2k1

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Bay Area, CA

metalslimer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Seeing how bloomberg has been working behind the scenes for years manipulating the system has completely turned me into a big Bernie supporter. If he wants to put endless money towards stopping trump he is welcome to do so but it will be horrifying for him to win the primary.

Status
Not open for further replies.