• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AnotherNils

Oct 27, 2017

First tried to ask Jerry Nadler about his comments last night accusing GOP of a coverup, which Senate Rs have been criticizing all morning. Schiff then stepped in and said he would answer all questions at the brief presser, then didn't take that question.

Rank speculation, but I don't think Schiff is happy with Nadler on this one.

No Depth

Oct 27, 2017
Elizabeth Warren net favorables dropped by 15 points in the Monmouth Poll

40474.jpg

Because of course America chooses not to do the right thing.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
how about blaming Biden for saying that shit in the first place instead of AOC for correctly pointing it out? I swear some people are SO eager to take jabs at AOC, guess we're done pretending the entire party loves her.
Biden's comment was throwing shade at the GOP for not having anyone worth considering. AOC deliberately taking it out of context is absolutely something to be criticized.

Meauxse

Oct 25, 2017
New Orleans, LA

Rank speculation, but I don't think Schiff is happy with Nadler on this one.

This shit is infuriating.

GOP are doing a thing but get upset when you call them out overtly for doing the thing. Repeat times 100000000000
This is the same level of bullshit akin to the latching on to Schiff's 1930's gangster fanfic variation on the Trump record.

Schiff should lean into it and say YES IT'S A GODDAMN COVERUP

DinosaurusRex

Oct 26, 2017
If it wasn't this specific thing Nadler said it would have been something else. I don't blame Schiff for being mad over an unforced fumble, but let's be real they would have found something else to holler about.

AnotherNils

Oct 27, 2017
republicans were the snowflakes all along. I cant fucking stand their hypocrisy. They are absolute scum.
GOP will be snowflakes if they can score political points. That's all its about.

Truth hurts...but we can't say it because their only defense is to distract. This kerfuffle would be the ultimate distraction.

The American voters will fall into that card trap. Or rather old and new deplorables.
Exactly. The GOP are running on tis being a partisan affair. There's no need to give them easy points.

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
Are they trying to walk some line between the WH performing the coverup and the senators voting to prevent documents and witnesses performing the coverup?

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017
"I'm so offended by the accusation of a coverup I'm going to go along with a coverup" isn't an angle the media should bother reporting.

shadow_shogun

Fallen Guardian
Oct 25, 2017
@kylegriffin1
The same morning Trump had his call with Ukraine's president, W.H. officials were working behind the scenes to impose the freeze sought by Trump on military aid to Ukraine, reviewing the legal wording they would use to implement the hold, emails show.https://www.nytimes.com/2020/01/22/us/politics/ukraine-aid.html …

metalslimer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Of course Warren's favorables drop the when she stands up for herself. This country hates women who stand up to their men counterparts, and that's why Hillary did not go nearly as hard as she could have on either Bernie or Trump.

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
Ah yes, more Democrats thinking that "reaching across the aisle" is definitely something that will happen. Yes sir, definitely not a cover up.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
What exactly is Nadler's fuck-up? For saying that Republicans are engaging in a cover up? They are! Trump bragged just today about having all these relevant materials he won't turn over, and Republicans have voted to not have any of that included in the trial. What the fuck is that if not obstruction and a cover up?

Or is this a Hillary/deplorables situation where the only fuck up is saying the quiet part out loud?

New ALG Research (B/C rated Dem pollster) and End Citizens United NC poll from January 8-12, 700 likely voters

Cal Cunningham: 44%
Thom TIllis: 42%
Undecided: 13%

Tillis approval: 35/38, among Indies 23/46

Trump approval: 44/54, among Indies 27/65
Trump vs generic Democrat: 44/48
That indie split would be good for us in potentially driving more of the undecided vote toward Cunningham, but I'm wary. For someone who is supposedly so unpopular in his home state, that 42% feels awfully high for Tillis. Maybe predictably high I guess, given the always-come-home propensity for Republicans.

SpitztheGreat

May 16, 2019

Slim Action

Jul 4, 2018
Whenever I see a D candidate up 43-41 or something in an R-leaning state, my brain immediately goes "ah so they will lose, got it."

Plenty of 2016 polls here in GA showed Clinton up 44-40 or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.