• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 8561

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Really think people should be thanking Nancy for holding off impeachment till "the next big thing" hit. But that's just me

Casa

Oct 25, 2017
We're going to wake up to news that Rudy has landed in Russia tomorrow, aren't we? Like, for good.

He seems mega fucked!

Maxim726x

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Really think people should be thanking Nancy for holding off impeachment till "the next big thing" hit. But that's just me

You would be insinuating that this was a part of some larger plan- It most certainly was not.

The Ukraine scandal literally fell into her lap. She was about to let him get away with multiple counts of obstruction.

Oct 25, 2017
Lmao. Good Lord, no. She wasn't holding off impeachment, she was out there poisoning the well on impeachment. She was talking about impeachment creating double jeopardy, self impeachment, and doing everything she could from stopping the right thing from happening.

We're at impeachment in spite of Pelosi, not because of her

adam387

Nov 27, 2017
You know, given the choice between an open and shut impeachment or having a President who isn't compromised, doesn't bow down to dictators, doesn't sell us out for a buffalo nickle.....I'd take the latter over the former.

MetalGearZed

Oct 30, 2017
Man, I hate the Electoral College. It's the only reason the sack of shit even still has a chance in 2020.
Just looking at 2016, 2018, the current GCB trend, etc, it seems almost certain that Trump will lose the pop. vote in 2020. Any Dem (besides maybe Tootsie) would beat him if it was gone.

The EC is also the reason why Biden still has some legitimate claim to "electability".

Looking at the "Would you be disappointed if x candidate won the nomination.", And general favorability ratings, I think Warren would likely get the most popular vote of the bunch, but unfortunately, as we saw in 2016, that doesn't mean very much in this reality if those votes aren't coming from the right places e.g WI, MI, PA

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You would be insinuating that this was a part of some larger plan- It most certainly was not.

The Ukraine scandal literally fell into her lap. She was about to let him get away with multiple counts of obstruction.
It was not part of a larger plan, it was part of not jumping the gun when you had zero chance to actually remove him from office.

The people mad about this are generally the defeatists who don't think that getting rid of Trump early is even possible. Not doing a politically stupid thing with a political problem is not "letting him get away with it". Impeachment has jack shit to do with moral posturing.

Ichthyosaurus

Banned
Dec 26, 2018
Lmao. Good Lord, no. She wasn't holding off impeachment, she was out there poisoning the well on impeachment. She was talking about impeachment creating double jeopardy, self impeachment, and doing everything she could from stopping the right thing from happening.

Could have been reverse psychology.

viskod

Nov 9, 2017
giphy.gif

Today basically

But.

Her emails.

adam387

Nov 27, 2017
Joe: "My son Beau. Who you knew. You met. He died"
Okay Joe.

And, I'm sorry Joe, the American people aren't better than we give them credit for. They're not. Please, don't straightsplain what straight people don't know.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

And we're all the better for it, because the flip was always going to be a hard binary change she would need to be able to sell. Which she can, because of that record of opposing it (until a House majority was onboard because we had a clean shot at removing him from office.)

adam387

Nov 27, 2017
So, Joe is doing fine, but Joe, the homophobes don't want to see a decrease in AIDS because according to them, it's killing all the right people.

Soul Skater

Oct 25, 2017
Skipping a debate is always a terrible idea anyway. People just forget about you. Why not go on stage and say it's rigged

Trump lost Iowa to Ted Cruz after skipping the debate right before the caucus

Status
Not open for further replies.