• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Steel

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I feel like after this is done we're gonna have to create a REAL 4th estate that investigates corruption. Maybe, for it to be fair, it could have a three-way board leading it, one person elected from the House of Reps, one the Senate, and one the Presidency with uneven to avoid having all partisan stooges.

Of course, that's just a random ass thought. SOMETHING needs to be changed here, for sure.

Arm Van Dam

self-requested ban
Banned
Mar 30, 2019
Illinois

Hours after Turkey launched attack into Syria, @SenThomTillis said he gives @realDonaldTrump 'the benefit of the doubt' on decision to withdraw US troops. #ncpol ##NCSen https://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/politics-government/article235958147.html …

BENEFIT OF THE DOUBT, seriously go fuck yourself Tillis, also

Tillis is co-chair of the Senate NATO Observer Group and was very critical of Turkey during imprisonment of NC pastor Andrew Brunson. Called for sanctions and stoppage of sale of F-35s to Turkey for Brunson/purchase of weapons from Russia

Kusagari

Oct 25, 2017
More have a positive rather than a negative view of the Democratic Party by 2 points (49 favorable vs. 47 unfavorable), while the Republican Party is under water by 15 (40-55). Part of that is explained by more Democrats (85 percent favorable) viewing their party positively than Republicans do theirs (79 percent favorable).

Voters are inclined to see the motives of Republican lawmakers as more political. By a 3-point margin, more think congressional Democrats truly believe Trump committed an impeachable offense than say Democrats just want to hurt him politically.

On the other side, by a 23-point margin, more think congressional Republicans just want to protect Trump politically than say GOP lawmakers sincerely believe what he did is not impeachable.

Yikes!

Vena

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
The House is more tribal by nature so I wouldn't expect much there so the Senate would be where I would look for movement, if any.

I do figure it will come from the Senate, but there's some semblance of "hope" for some of the House (more numerous) to break ranks out of "civic duty" as the cards continue to fall.

But I fully expect Romney to be the first brick to fall if bricks are to start falling.

Binabik15

Oct 28, 2017
Every fucking time I thought "this can't get worse" over the last couple of pages I was proven wrong immediatly. I went from angry to Homer'sbrainfallingout.gif. I feel dumber and more surreal with every new statement. This presidency will leave marks that never heal.

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
Heh
heh heh
heh heh heh

Keep going.

Yup, makes sense to me. Not all rural white people are outright evil. They're surrounded by cultural conservatism and the fox news bubble. "POTUS HOOKERING MURIKA FOR BIDEN FAN FIC" is something they understand and will disagree with, whereas a brick of papers in the Mueller report they won't get.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
A Fox News correspondent with an interview with a US soldier stationed there who was training the Kurds.

I hope the military rank and file turn on him for this, it's a domino faling that would help significantly in getting him out.

Plinko

Oct 28, 2017
More numbers showing this can be effectively messaged as an issue that this administration cares nothing about the average American.

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
A Fox News correspondent with an interview with a US soldier stationed there who was training the Kurds.

I hope the military rank and file turn on him for this, it's a domino faling that would help significantly in getting him out.

Soldiers will talk with their families. You can't spin this, Trump is done.

JesseEwiak

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Fox is one of the most accurate pollsters out there. They just tend not to publish polls contrary to the motives of their propaganda arm. This is actually terrible news for Trump, this is one of the polls that will indicate real sentiment.

Here's a decent story from the LA Times about the FOX polling operation, which is largely separate from the FOX news operation.

Good Hunter

Alt account
Banned
Sep 26, 2019
The Benghazi Hearings (much like "Her Emails") were exactly that, hearings with no teeth. Political theater not going anywhere because it couldn't go anywhere because at that time Hillary wasn't President, and they were not using those attacks in an attempt to remove Obama nor even attempting to start a process to achieve such an end.

Impeachment is *not* hearings, it is a full blown process with intent of removal.

Like, these are completely different things.
The intent is the same. To make the subject look bad.

Vena

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017

Soldiers will talk with their families. You can't spin this, Trump is done.

He'll lose the neocons and more over this. His numbers for removal will only get worse off the back of this.

shiba5

I shed
Oct 25, 2017

Turkish bots are everywhere in that thread.

Vimes

Oct 25, 2017
I wish I could marinate in the historic moment we seem to be experiencing this week without feeling anguish for the needless tragedy that's only just started in Syria.

Vena

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
The intent is the same. To make the subject look bad.

No, the intent is not the same. Are you daft? The intent of Impeachment is to begin a process of removal by levying criminal indictment against a sitting official.

Hearings do not levy criminal indictments nor do they begin a process to accomplish said, they are tools of airing out accusations but nothing more.

If they were in any shape or form similar, Republicans wouldn't have stopped at hearings with Obama's administration. They stopped there because a hearing and a full on impeachment motion are completely different things.

Arm Van Dam

self-requested ban
Banned
Mar 30, 2019
Illinois

NEW: In a 2017 meeting in the Oval Office, President Trump pressed then-Secretary of State Rex Tillerson to help persuade the Justice Department to drop a criminal case against an Iranian-Turkish gold trader who was a client of Rudy Giuliani https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-10-09/trump-urged-top-aide-to-help-giuliani-client-facing-doj-charges …

President Donald Trump pressed then-Secretary of State Rex Tillerson to help persuade the Justice Department to drop a criminal case against an Iranian-Turkish gold trader who was a client of Rudy Giuliani, according to three people familiar with the 2017 meeting in the Oval Office.

Tillerson refused, arguing it would constitute interference in an ongoing investigation of the trader, Reza Zarrab, according to the people. They said other participants in the Oval Office were shocked by the request.

Tillerson immediately repeated his objections to then-Chief of Staff John Kelly in a hallway conversation just outside the Oval Office, emphasizing that the request would be illegal. Neither episode has been previously reported, and all of the people spoke on condition of anonymity due to the sensitivity of the conversations.

The White House declined to comment. Kelly and Tillerson declined to comment via representatives. Another person familiar with the matter said the Justice Department never considered dropping the criminal case.

Zarrab was being prosecuted in federal court in New York at the time on charges of evading U.S. sanctions against Iran's nuclear program. He had hired former Attorney General Michael Mukasey and Giuliani, who has said he reached out repeatedly to U.S. officials to seek a diplomatic solution for his client outside the courts.

The president's request to Tillerson -- which included asking him to speak with Giuliani -- bears the hallmarks of Trump's governing style, defined by his willingness to sweep aside the customary procedures and constraints of government to pursue matters outside normal channels. Tillerson's objection came to light as Trump's dealings with foreign leaders face intense scrutiny following the July 25 call with Ukraine's president that has sparked an impeachment inquiry in the House.

Good Hunter

Alt account
Banned
Sep 26, 2019
No, the intent is not the same. Are you daft? The intent of Impeachment is to begin a process of removal by levying criminal indictment against a sitting official.

Hearings do not levy criminal indictments nor do they begin a process to accomplish said, they are tools of airing out accusations but nothing more.

If they were in any shape or form similar, Republicans wouldn't have stopped at hearings with Obama's administration. They stopped there because a hearing and a full on impeachment motion are completely different things.
You're being pedantic. The intent of THIS impeachment is not to remove Trump from office. It's to get him all riled up and start saying stupid stuff like he is now.

MetalGearZed

Oct 30, 2017
It's still very embarrassing as a country that it takes all this open corruption, numerous crimes, staggering ineptitude and incompetence shown by everyone in that fucking building for a slim majority to finally be ok with kicking his ass out.

Aaron

I’m seeing double here!
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis
More people having a positive opinion of the Democratic Party as a whole strikes me as very significant!

If the polls look like this a year from now, it's going to be a blowout regardless of who the candidate is. Especially since the candidate can build their own brand and outrun the party apparatus.

Dan L

Tried to PM someone for a tag
Oct 28, 2017
Regina, Saskatchewan
Everyone should really stop feeding the troll in this thread.

on topic, I am also really starting to have hope that trump may be removed from office as well. At least I think it's slim to none chance he will get second term.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
More Trump failure. Stock markets are tumbling this evening on news that the China-US trade deal talks went nowhere again, and it seems the Chinese delegation is heading back a day early.

"easy to win"

Autodidact

Oct 25, 2017

She told us, and all those Jill Stein "she just doesn't excite me," "Hillary the Hawk" people can kiss my whole ass.

ratcliffja

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah...I'm coming around to the belief that Trump actually has a shot at being removed from office.
Honestly, I am too. The Fox News poll, some of the harshest pushback against Trump yet due to the Syrian invasion, and the constant stream of impeachable offenses are all indicating that we might start seeing GOP Senators start to flip or at least show signs of wavering.

Vena

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
You're being pedantic. The intent of THIS impeachment is not to remove Trump from office. It's to get him all riled up and start saying stupid stuff like he is now.

Ah yes, the intent of this impeachment is to... *checks notes*… get him to start saying stupid stuff as opposed to all of that intelligent and TOTALLY LEGAL stuff he was saying before now.

I am beginning to doubt that you are not actually just one of those AIM chat robots masquerading as a human.

Good Hunter

Alt account
Banned
Sep 26, 2019
Ah yes, the intent of this impeachment is to... *checks notes*… get him to start saying stupid stuff as opposed to all of that intelligent and TOTALLY LEGAL stuff he was saying before now.

I am beginning to doubt that you are not actually just one of those AIM chat robots masquerading as a human.
This is insulting and uncalled for. I didn't make any personal attacks and yet you've called me daft, an ignorant fool, and a bot. Learn some manners.

There is a 0% chance that Trump is removed from office. Everybody leading the impeachment charge knows that. It's a PR campaign! A good one! It's already working!

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So do you think the House flipped in 2018 purely on Democratic votes and not numerous Republicans/Republican-I voting D?

Suppose you do take what I said to be true, do you think 2018 was *all* of said conversions for forever and that there won't be more in 2020?

That's why I said voters (also because that was the word you used) - if they didn't vote republican in 2018, they're not included in my (hermetically and logically accurate) generalization. If they vote republican in 2020, they're welcome back into that category.

kcp12304

Oct 27, 2017
Subpoena Rex Tillerson!

I love when the writers bring back old characters. They killed him off too quick.

adam387

Nov 27, 2017

She told us, and all those Jill Stein "she just doesn't excite me," "Hillary the Hawk" people can kiss my whole ass.

giphy.gif

Oct 25, 2017
Apparently no trade deal was reached with China. I'm beginning to wonder if America's relationship with China is heading towards a cold war-like scenario no matter if we get Warren/Trump.

Status
Not open for further replies.