• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kid Heart

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't catch it at first. Sondland and Taylor are texting back and forth and then Taylor brings up his reservations. Sondland goes missing for 5 hours and then posts that statement that could have come out of the WH press shop.

Hahah, holy smokes you're right. I didn't notice it either, but he totally jumped ship to go talk to his lawyer for a while before responding.

Amibguous Cad

Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone know where I can get a summary? Working an evening shift tonight and o feel like I missed an entire season.

Blue Skies

Banned
Mar 27, 2019
Listened to a Chapo Trap House episode today, never had before, only saw a clip someone had posted in some thread here.
anyways, I hated it. Holy shit these guys are pessimistic, cynical, brash, mostly unfunny, sometimes very funny, trollish, and completely unnecessary. Why do people listen to this trash? Just cause it's occasionally very funny? I'm sorry but hours of negative shit don't make those laughs worth it.
what's the deal with these dudes? They give me that "not gonna vote unless it's Bernie vibe" and while they're so pessimistic, they are also completely unrealistic, and seem to think that the only way for good change is to tear it all down.
Everything they say is just layered with irony, sarcasm, laughs at own jokes, obscure literary leferences...

Idk
Probably never gonna listen to them again.

ChucklesB

Nov 4, 2017
We here at PoliEra have long talked about the mistake that Chapo is. HOWEVER, their dramatic reading of Ben Shapiro's fiction "novel" is amazing and should be heard.

Arm Van Dam

self-requested ban
Banned
Mar 30, 2019
Illinois

I've been asking Bevin for one month what he was doing in Miami that day. He finally tells @phillipmbailey he would have to check his personal schedule. His office rejected my open records request for his official schedule that day. https://twitter.com/samnewton/status/1179834103132250115 …

Matt Bevin took a state plane to Miami on August 28 but refuses to say what he was doing

The Governor should say when he uses Taxpayers' planes what he uses them for. That's not hard and it's shady that he won't say why

What is that man hiding that he doesn't want us to see?

Blue Skies

Banned
Mar 27, 2019
We here at PoliEra have long talked about the mistake that Chapo is. HOWEVER, their dramatic reading of Ben Shapiro's fiction "novel" is amazing and should be heard.
There's certain topics/genres of stuff I mentally block from this site, all anime talk, all podcast talk, all hockey talk, all computer tech talk, PC games, manga, and also esports I don't know why I listed this , but, I guess I meant to say "oh, never saw!"

Steel

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
You know what's wild about this? A billionaire, Sonland, might end up caught in illegal activity because he bribed Trump to be an ambassador.

Good Hunter

Alt account
Banned
Sep 26, 2019
Chapo Trap House is the best political comedy since Jon Stewart quit the Daily Show. Anyone who disagrees has never listened to the episode where they go to CPAC.

Blue Skies

Banned
Mar 27, 2019
Chapo Trap House is the best political comedy since Jon Stewart quit the Daily Show. Anyone who disagrees has never listened to the episode where they go to CPAC.
I always favored the political in political comedy, and I think these guys don't deliver good on that as far I've heard.

John Oliver and Trevor Noah andHassan Minaj are all doing better on the comedy I think.
Idk, I've never liked negative comedy.

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
this OT is more woke than leftist. theyre not about to bump chapo man
Tbh, I listened to that Williamson interview people kept going on about and it was an embarrassment. They never asked her a single difficult question. Not a one.

If you have a presidential candidate on your show, I don't care how many levels of irony you operate under, you ask them a hard question. If you can't do that then close up shop because you're crap.

Good Hunter

Alt account
Banned
Sep 26, 2019
I like Oliver for how deep down they drill into the topic but he ran out of funny juice a couple years ago. I still watch but it's rare I laugh anymore. Noah is just awful all around. I need to check out Minaj.

patientzero

Oct 25, 2017
Politics podcasts are talk radio for those under 40. It's equally vapid, prone to superstition and shitty ideas, and has nothing on actually reading about or researching actual history, psychology, sociology, etc.

It's politics for people who couldn't be assed to take a social science or humanities class in college.

Prodigal Son

Oct 27, 2017
I always favored the political in political comedy, and I think these guys don't deliver good on that as far I've heard.

John Oliver and Trevor Noah andHassan Minaj are all doing better on the comedy I think.
Idk, I've never liked negative comedy.
its good that i come here from time to time so that i can understand true pain

Blue Skies

Banned
Mar 27, 2019
The vibe they give me is kids in the back of the class that make each other laugh constantly, and ocasionally one of their comments makes more people laugh so they chase that but mostly just make each other laugh while also getting a D in the class because they didn't believe in the way it was taught.

Blue Skies

Banned
Mar 27, 2019
Also, wtf at that name
Is it supposed to be "el chapo" mashed up with trap house?

aren't these like suburban dudes

Good Hunter

Alt account
Banned
Sep 26, 2019
The vibe they give me is kids in the back of the class that make each other laugh constantly, and ocasionally one of their comments makes more people laugh so they chase that but mostly just make each other laugh while also getting a D in the class because they didn't believe in the way it was taught.
That was me basically lmao. To be fair, I did go to California public schools while we were ranked 49th in education, so it's almost certain that my classes were in fact being taught completely wrong.

Good Hunter

Alt account
Banned
Sep 26, 2019
And I hardly think it's fair to judge a political comedy by its interviews. Interviews are the worst part of every political comedy ever made.

If you only showed me the interviews Stewart did in his prime I would think the Daily Show was awful.

Deleted member 28564

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I saw "Trump Ousted Ambassador After Giuliani Claimed She Was Blocking Biden Probe" on reddit. I missed that here, assuming it was posted. I wonder how long the GOP will try spinning this.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
And I hardly think it's fair to judge a political comedy by its interviews. Interviews are the worst part of every political comedy ever made.

If you only showed me the interviews Stewart did in his prime I would think the Daily Show was awful.
Instead, judge it by the fact that they're horrible, awful people.

Good Hunter

Alt account
Banned
Sep 26, 2019
He is ADORED by the entire Republican base which wasn't the case on election night 2016.
He was outspent in 2016 which will absolutely not be the case in 2020.
The surface numbers of our economy have been record-breaking under his presidency.

It will be extremely tough for the Dems to oust Trump in 2020. In my view, Sanders or Warren are the only ones who can turn out the Democratic base enough to counteract the millions of ghouls who support the President will every fiber of their being.

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017

Stewart usually managed to ask at least one hard question in an interview, Chapo couldn't find one for a person who literally believes in healing crystals.

sphagnum

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Listened to a Chapo Trap House episode today, never had before, only saw a clip someone had posted in some thread here.
anyways, I hated it. Holy shit these guys are pessimistic, cynical, brash, mostly unfunny, sometimes very funny, trollish, and completely unnecessary.

None of these are problems. These are in fact good things. The valid criticisms with CTH lie elsewhere.

Gotchaye

Oct 27, 2017
I don't really care if presidents give the nice ambassadorships as gifts to totally unqualified people as thanks for help in the campaign. It's kind of a freebie -- we don't actually need an ambassador to France, and when the president isn't himself a total embarrassment these people also tend not to be. There's nothing I'd rather have donors want to get in exchange for their support.

Status
Not open for further replies.