• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaitos

Tens across the board!
Oct 25, 2017
Why would anyone write a bill just to tell us what we can't do?

I'm not saying they can't coexist. I'm saying that promoting that bill specifically (leading with your best foot and all that), and the language used - "a right" vs "affordable" - is at odds with the idea of single-player covering mental healthcare. To me that signals that she's scaling back her ambition of keeping with Bernie's plan or even sometimes exceeding it ("No private insurance at all!). I'm not saying M4All is realistic or a hill worth dying on (although it -is- her hill, to be fair). What I am saying is the guy had an accurate read. She needs to clarify.
I think this is exactly correct.

KingK

Oct 27, 2017
We're expecting you to get a chant going. Make it a good one now.
My buddy and I legit started a "4 more years!" chant at a rally Obama held in Elkhart in 2016 that got the whole crowd going. He ended up responding "even if the constitution allowed it, I doubt Michelle would."

Tamanon

Oct 25, 2017

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Trump clip on msnbc from last year — claiming that the USA hasn't the best and cleanest drinking water access in the world, "ranked, get this, number one!" Of course ten seconds of google show's we're not even top ten.

This in reporting on the rollbacks of clean water regulations.

MSNBC did not of course spend that same ten seconds to augment their reporting.

konka

Oct 25, 2017
All of this turmoil in VA is some bullshit. Can't think that it bodes well for the party even taking into account its huge shift towards Democrats since 2008.
People need to take care of their own problems and resign instead of dragging the rest of the party in the state into the mud with them. But that's what the optics are currently.

VA turned blue because of NoVA and everyone who moved and is still moving there isn't gonna stop voting D because of these.

shadow_shogun

Fallen Guardian
Oct 25, 2017

@Mediaite
'The Cheneys Are Never Trumpers': Rand Paul Says Liz Cheney is Part of 'Foreign Policy Swamp'https://www.mediaite.com/tv/the-che...s-liz-cheney-as-part-of-foreign-policy-swamp/
@mkraju
A member of House GOP leadership says a sitting GOP senator put "terrorists first" in his campaign https://twitter.com/liz_cheney/status/1172201625949212674
Liz Cheney

@Liz_Cheney
Hi @RandPaul I know the 2016 race was painful for you since you were such a big loser (then & now) with a dismal 4.5% in Iowa. No surprise since your motto seems to be "Terrorists First, America Second."

Here's a TBT courtesy of @realDonaldTrump. No truer words were ever spoken https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/630901938608017413

Oct 25, 2017

giphy.gif

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
Is Liz Cheney really wrong in this case though

I mean her dad was Dick Cheney. I'm sure she can tell who is a terrorist

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
lol he's really going with THAT argument? Guy's still fucking salty about that loss 11 years later.
Now, Warren is not the first person to have been hypocritical about fundraising. Barack Obama, whom I consider one of the greatest presidents in my lifetime, vowed not to take any money from the political action committees of Wall Street firms in his 2008 campaign. At the same time, his campaign took in millions of dollars in contributions from individuals who worked for Wall Street firms.

But the news media basically gave Obama a free ride and didn't point out the blatant hypocrisy of trying to win credit for shunning contributions from Wall Street firms while taking tons of money from people who work for those same Wall Street firms. Politics can make people do peculiar things.
--
I like the Washington Post. Too bad they have an Opinion column that can be purchased for the right price.
I don't understand how publishing this has to do with getting paid off.

Status
Not open for further replies.