Status
Not open for further replies.

kalindana

Oct 28, 2018
lmao Romney:

Romney says Bolton departure is a "huge loss" to the nation and that it was good to have a contrarian at the table. Asked who he'd like to see replace him: "John Bolton"

Oct 26, 2017
The surprising thing is that Trump is actually framing this as a firing, even though I'm sure he did not do it himself

Haha you were right to be skeptical. According to John Bolton's tweet just now he offered his resignation last night and they were going to discuss it today. Instead this was just another of Trump's, "You can't break up with me if I break up with you first!". So it's the same old, same old. Trump didn't fire anyone.

Oct 27, 2017
What if Bolton wasn't crazy enough for Trump?
He wasn't crazy enough in the right way.

Trump is legitimately not a war hawk, or at least not in a traditional sense. Mostly out of laziness. Conventional warfare is all strategies and reports and decisions and headaches.

Somewhat more likely to glass an entire country with a nuke, though.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
No way Trump was man enough to fire Bolton personally. He had someone else ask for the guys resignation.

Why hire him in the first place? I do believe Trump doesn't want the US to be in wars all over the place, and that's what Bolton wants.

gaugebozo

Oct 25, 2017
No way Trump was man enough to fire Bolton personally. He had someone else ask for the guys resignation.

Why hire him in the first place? I do believe Trump doesn't want the US to be in wars all over the place, and that's what Bolton wants.
Trump's tweet says that he fired him last night, so I'm sure that tweet is the first that Bolton is hearing about it.

They don't stop coming and they don't stop coming and they don't stop coming and they don't stop coming...

maxx720

Nov 7, 2017
hqdefault.jpg

Kusagari

Oct 25, 2017
I'm going to gag myself to death if we have to deal with certain outlets treating Bolton like a man of dignity and respect because he starts trashing Trump.

Oct 26, 2017
Obama had 3 national security advisors in 8 years. Both Bush and Clinton had 2 NSAs in 8 years.

Trump is already at 4 in two years. Lol. Trump in just his first term may even surpass Regan who had 6 NSAs over 8 years.

Arm Van Dam

self-requested ban
Banned
Mar 30, 2019
Illinois
Bolton was supposed to appear at a press briefing with Pompeo and Munchin an hour and 30 minutes before Trump tweeted it out

Avinash117

Oct 25, 2017

Not exactly, Trump fundamentally does not care about national security or foreign policy for a variety of reasons. First, we need to understand that Trump is a coward and doesn't want to be held responsible if something looks difficult. At the same time he wants to look dominant without having to do anything and think deeply about anything. That is why he was ready to bomb Iran, but pulled back at the last second when he learned people would have died.

I bet he is willing to start a war if it political looks good for him and he wouldn't be held responsible and making tough decisions.

shadow_shogun

Fallen Guardian
Oct 25, 2017
The UK ambassador forced to resign after he called Trump 'inept' and 'incompetent' is being made a Lord
Sir Kim Darroch, the UK ambassador to the US who was forced to announce his resignation after calling President Donald Trump "incompetent," has been made a Lord by former Prime Minister Theresa May.

May on Tuesday released her resignation honors list, a tradition in British politics where an outgoing prime minister grants honors such as knighthoods and peerages (which grant the title of Lord) to people of their choosing.

The list included Darroch, who will be given a life peerage, granting him permanent membership in the UK House of Lords and the title of Lord.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
Not exactly, Trump fundamentally does not care about national security or foreign policy for a variety of reasons. First, we need to understand that Trump is a coward and doesn't want to be held responsible if something looks difficult. At the same time he wants to look dominant without having to do anything and think deeply about anything. That is why he was ready to bomb Iran, but pulled back at the last second when he learned people would have died.

I bet he is willing to start a war if it political looks good for him and he wouldn't be held responsible and making tough decisions.
That's my assessment of the clown too, whereas Bolton is gung-ho. That's why I'm surprised he was hired in the first place.

If you go back to the year leading up to the 2012 election there are numerous tweets from Trump saying Obama is going to attack Iran and start a war there to get re-elected. Given his low approval rating now, I wonder if that's foreshadowing. He's a coward, but if he sees a chance for patriotic fervor to get him another election win I could see him doing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.