• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017

giphy.gif

Serious side-eye to anyone who does this shit.

dlauv

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Avenatti didn't tell anyone tho. Beto's done several donation emails without asking for a cut (like for flooding damage and for finding immigrants lawyers, etc.), but I bet as soon as he folds and does something like this, someone will do a layup and send an e-mail asking for nothing.

Last edited:

Tukarrs

Oct 27, 2017
Bernie is getting his cut. It looks like you can change the allocation so you're only donating to Omar if you want.
Yeah
This donation stuff is making me a bit uncomfortable. Had he just included a link to donate to Omar, I'd be totally cool with it. But right now it comes across to me as him trying to attach himself to this woman (and the Squad as a whole from the previous scuffle) who's going through some real shit right now for his own gain. Like "hey Omar is being targeted by racists so you should support her and donate to her... and also to me!" I'm totally willing to give Bernie the benefit of the doubt on this and say he's not trying to do that. But that's the feeling I get from it. :/

He's also expanded the messaging in his email list, which is exclusively for people interested in his campaign.
This is at least the second time he's posted it. It's intentional.

Fuck Bernard.

If they had a problem with it, they would have told him. This is you making a standard and then chastising him for not keeping up with it. He's never been dishonest about where the funds would go or be split.

OmniOne

Oct 25, 2017
I finished my first volunteer shift today for Warren. It was fun and I will do more. I wish I started sooner.

I would like to encourage you all, no matter who you support on the democratic side (except for Marianne), to volunteer and put in time and not just donate.

edit: This isn't a game.

I also want to add, and I shy away from being too personal, that I was the network engineer for my company who literally setup the VPN tunnel on our ASA's to Bain Capital, and watched over time as they 'guided' us to take on more debt and spending, and ultimate dismantled us. It's kinda personal.

Last edited:

OmniOne

Oct 25, 2017
Also while I'm at IT, I did a contract after for the state legislature in a "non partisan" IT office literally in the capitol building. It was very partisan, and all day staff berated Democratic Legislature members. Comments everyday. And the most lazy IT department I had ever seen, berated welfare queens I was literally dumbfounded.

I outperformed everyone in my office, completing more projects in less time and got my contract canceled, I believe, cause they found my facebook account which had me and my husbands photo from our wedding, and I have no legal recourse.

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
I also want to add, and I shy away from being too personal, that I was the network engineer for my company who literally setup the VPN tunnel on our ASA's to Bain Capital, and watched over time as they 'guided' us to take on more debt and spending, and ultimate dismantled us. It's kinda personal.
#FuckRomney

What type of volunteer work did you do?

She'll be this town's rep for the next fifty years if she wants it.
That really has to chafe the knickers off of the GOP.

lmcfigs

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
For what it's worth, the tweet was "Liked" by Ilhan Omar.

You can think that Bernie is unilaterally exploiting the Squad, but evidence really isn't there.
People are just assuming that they have a problem with it. It's hard to imagine any member of the squad is upset that presidential candidates are opening up their donor base to them.

Arm Van Dam

self-requested ban
Banned
Mar 30, 2019
Illinois

Oh my god, if Virginia GOP can't get a candidate on there, they lose a really easy and suddenly critical delegate seat to the Dems. All because Nick's team screwed up the paperwork

NEW: GOP Del. Nick Freitas tells state election officials he's withdrawing as a candidate

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2017
South Carolina
Tbh this is starting to feel worse than Charlottesville for Trump

Not only were his comments blatantly racist, he's not only doubled down repeatedly but also exposed the racist heart of the base on live TV at his rallies.

It's been almost a week since his comments and the GOP is still fucking it up. Amazing.

Polling next week will be telling.

Back then, it was Neo-Nazis, Klansmen, and Vanilla Isis not him in the streets.

Here, it's no one but him, and he did it of his own volition.

Bonus in that he's a narcissist, that its NEVER his fault, ESPECIALLY when it's his fault and this was a tactically and morally incredibly bad fault.

Chuck needs to go. I feel like his political acumen has really declined in the last couple of years. He either needs to be primaried, or voluntarily step down as Leader.

Edit- oh god, he isn't up for reelection until 2022. We're stuck with him for awhile.

One of the Hawaii senators. Pick one.

McCarthy can kick rocks and suck eggs

I think he got confused and conflated the Dems and our economy and his influence on the GOP's share of California's delegation to the House.

HEYOOOOOOOOO

Aaron

I’m seeing double here!
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis

Oh my god, if Virginia GOP can't get a candidate on there, they lose a really easy and suddenly critical delegate seat to the Dems. All because Nick's team screwed up the paperwork

They're basically giving up the majority then. Under the new maps every incumbent Democrat is pretty much safe and there was another vulnerable district where the GOP Rep retired. That alone gets Democrats to 51.

Then it's just a matter of flipping one seat in the Senate to tie it, and another for the majority outright.

dlauv

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
tbf, She worked there from '04-'07. We're a long way away from the taint.

Double 0

Nov 5, 2017
A Vice President at Goldman Sachs is not an executive. I was a low level manager there at roughly the same time and that was my title too. Basically anyone who manages people is at least a VP.

Yeah I was going to say the same, though I was there more recently. Sounds like she was just a middleman. The google stuff is more notable.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.