Status
Not open for further replies.

FuturusX

Oct 28, 2017
Need to see some polling data soon. Getting a little concerned.

My take. It is what it is. The more Trump is exposed to the American people, for who he is, the better.

Lay it all out on the table. If the people are still intent on re-electing him and ignoring the willful abandonment of all political ethics ( does such a thing exist ) by the GOP, then the country will have to reap the consequences.

Removal remains unlikely, but truth must be spoken to a corrupt power.

DinosaurusRex

Oct 26, 2017
bXme.gif

shadow_shogun

Fallen Guardian
Oct 25, 2017

@kylegriffin1
25s
REP. SWALWELL: "By attacking the witness, the president continues to act guilty ... We are looking at this as a consciousness of guilt. Innocent people don't act this way ... We have strong evidence of obstruction of justice and tampering with a witness's testimony." @MSNBC

Diablos

has a title.
Oct 25, 2017
Man, listening to the phone calls on C-SPAN during the intermission... Wow.

Obviously Republicans think this is a sham, but so do independents, and so do many democrats. Wow.

Need to see some polling data soon. Getting a little concerned.
Pretty sure anyone can call and make up their party affiliation

shadow_shogun

Fallen Guardian
Oct 25, 2017
@mkraju
Jim Jordan defends Trump tweet: "Look, the President has been frustrated with this relentless attack on him by the Democrats that started even before he was president. I think the American people can relate to the frustration," per @byrdinator
11:13 - 15 Nov 2019

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
What I'm learning from these GOP responses is that Obama clearly had far more leeway than he realized to personally attack, badger, and intimidate people opposed to his agenda so long as he was frustrated by Republican intransigence.

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

>

emptywheel@emptywheel

Reminder: the Attorney General of the United States excused Trump's obstruction of the Russian investigation bc he "frustrated" (tho he lied about what Trump was frustrated about). https://www.emptywheel.net/2019/05/22/bill-barrs-bullshit-claim-that-trump-obstructed-the-investigation-out-of-frustration-and-anger/ … https://twitter.com/byrdinator/status/1195374184475570182 …

11:15 AM - Nov 15, 2019

ValiantChaos

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Those timelines all seem dumb. You are going to have a "medicare for all" public option basically in year 1 but then transition to full single payer by year 3? And she seems to think she can get a full public option through budget reconciliation?
Why would she risk the chance she will even have the House or Senate in Year 3?

Iolo

Oct 27, 2017
Britain
Not going to pile on wrt CSPAN, but at the least after the past few years you have to realize that old people are the biggest trolls of all.

Oct 25, 2017

The New York Times @nytimes

Conservative allies of President Trump have settled on a message to dismiss the impeachment inquiry against him: They're not calling it a "witch hunt" or a "coup," but a distraction, borrowing from Democrats' playbook in the impeachment of Bill Clinton https://nyti.ms/2r0XWPl

10:53 AM - Nov 15, 2019

I think it's journalistic malpractice to say that the GOP has "settled" on anything, message wise.

Manmademan

Election Thread Watcher
Aug 6, 2018
He should have lost by 100 million votes. This is your idea of a counterpoint?

Your point was bad. The majority of this country does not want Trump as president. He was installed by a minority of the population taking advantage of a poorly designed system- and that minority continues to shrink. The GOP has gotten destroyed in every election since then in 2017, 2018, and 2019 by historic margins.

So yes, that IS my counterpoint.

shadow_shogun

Fallen Guardian
Oct 25, 2017

@mkraju
Just asked Lee Zeldin if Trump tweet was witness intimidation, and he said it wasn't. "It's about the president making sure the entire story is getting out there to the American public."
11:25 - 15 Nov 2019
When did Schiff ask her about Trumps tweets? I just watched the whole beginning and its not there.
It was during Goldman's questioning.

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

Katherine Faulders @KFaulders

Meadows says it's a "Democrat narrative" to suggest Trump's tweets on Yovanovitch are witness intimation. But says — "I think the deposition if you read it would indicate that I have respect for her in her previous position & certainly in her nice job at Georgetown right now.."

11:22 AM - Nov 15, 2019 · Washington, DC

Katherine Faulders @KFaulders

" I think what I said was is I don't know that the presidents tweets are going to move the needle one way or another" on impeachment, when asked if the tweets were appropriate. https://twitter.com/kfaulders/status/1195376410782777344?s=21 …

11:23 AM - Nov 15, 2019 · Washington, DC

Maxim726x

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Your point was bad. The majority of this country does not want Trump as president. He was installed by a minority of the population taking advantage of a poorly designed system- and that minority continues to shrink. The GOP has gotten destroyed in every election since then in 2017, 2018, and 2019 by historic margins.

So yes, that IS my counterpoint.

And yet... The country is largely torn (almost completely down the middle, based on data we have to this point) that the president should be removed from office. In swing states, it seems to be slightly in Trump's favor. So, it's a bad counterpoint. We'll see where things stand as these hearings proceed, but suffice to say I'm concerned that yet another obvious display of theatrical bullshit by the GOP may be effective enough to prevent a person so clearly unqualified to hold his position in office- strictly out of political expediency.

For someone so grossly unqualified to even be within a few million votes of any opponent speaks volumes about how much this country is willing to shrug off to keep the candidate from their party in power.

Oct 25, 2017
I have to say, the video posted earlier is hysterical.

My very cool friends and I would watch CSPAN back in high school for kicks because we were so very cool. It was always great to see someone, ostensibly calling in to talk about a new Lincoln biography, start ranting about alien abduction.

All CPAN hosts have dead eyes because the calls eroded their souls away long ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.