Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
It's fucked up because they are trying to say the word "compromise" in this situation means gay. Which it clearly doesn't. It's actually a logical question to ask considering how he's 180'd.

That said I shouldn't be shocked but to see SE Cupp project this is crazy as well.

studyguy

Oct 26, 2017

The RT/Minute is probably something to watch, her engagement numbers look heavy as fuck for a politician.
Also she livestreamed looking around the hill, obviously she checked more than one room.

AnotherNils

Oct 27, 2017
Particular framing aside, WikiLeaks is saying DOJ (Mueller/SCO?) wants to interview former embassy staff about whether Manafort met Assange, as the Guardian reported a few weeks ago. Interesting development, they wouldn't, obviously, just do that based off of a newspaper article so maybe there's reason to believe that the meeting(s) did in fact happen?

"Interrogate"

Sky Chief

Oct 30, 2017
Ok here I go,

Too many times people will post things like "DEMS SHOULD BE PLASTERING THE AIRWAYS WITH THIS" about some isssue or another. You do know that costs money right? Money that needs to be conserved for when there is actually an election.

The article states that when people are educated about Trump's privileged background and lies about being self made their support for him drops significantly

Oct 27, 2017
Graham only 180'd—and really more like a 110 degree turn—on his outward attitude towards Trump. And his volume. His stances are more or less the same (and shitty).

He's not compromised, he just wants to be in the room where it happens.

AnotherNils

Oct 27, 2017

The RT/Minute is probably something to watch, her engagement numbers look heavy as fuck for a politician.
Also she livestreamed looking around the hill, obviously she checked more than one room.

You know, her obvious skill aside, I do wonder how much the MSM kick-started her following by the breathless coverage of her primary win and the ensuing conservative obsession.

If she'd gotten coverage more in line with her position, it might have taken years for her to grow her platform to this size, regardless of her positions.

BoboBrazil

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I wouldn't be shocked if Mueller was looking to interview people from wikileaks, they're a link in the chain after all.
Aren't they pretty much all anonymous except Assange? The tweet is referring to interviewing former diplomats and staff at the embassy, so how would WikiLeaks know this? I don't think Assange has any friends there to leak this to his people.

AnotherNils

Oct 27, 2017
Graham only 180'd—and really more like a 110 degree turn—on his outward attitude towards Trump. And his volume. His stances are more or less the same (and shitty).

He's not compromised, he just wants to be in the room where it happens.
I think the people who said he's protecting his right flank from a primary are probably closest on it. With a side-helping of his new voice helping him manipulate Trump.

JustinP

Oct 25, 2017
I'm always boggled by the folks that think that black people aren't treated unfairly. I have a theory-- the boomers (and Gen X) crowd lived through a period of much more concrete and visible racism-- Jim Crow, laws against "mixed" marriages, more open bigotry. For those that are bigots, they choose to ignore that there's more to racism than that and think things like Affirmative Action or anti-discrimination laws actually tip the scales the other way [they don't]. For the less bigoted or subconsciously racist, they may just thing "things are close to even now [they aren't] considering how bad they were."

Meanwhile, the younger generations that grew up post Loving and post Jim Crow are more attuned to the degree to which racism is still a huge everyday thing.
https://archive.attn.com/stories/18...twitter&utm_medium=post&utm_campaign=internal

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
Aren't they pretty much all anonymous except Assange? The tweet is referring to interviewing former diplomats and staff at the embassy, so how would WikiLeaks know this? I don't think Assange has any friends there to leak this to his people.
You're right, I misread the tweet.

The Adder

Oct 25, 2017
You know, her obvious skill aside, I do wonder how much the MSM kick-started her following by the breathless coverage of her primary win and the ensuing conservative obsession.

If she'd gotten coverage more in line with her position, it might have taken years for her to grow her platform to this size, regardless of her positions.
Republicans painted a target on her and its backfired thus far.

Ithil

Oct 25, 2017

In a manner it's similar to how the media continuously boosted Trump. They treated him like a big deal, and thus he was a big deal. But now it's the right who can't stop obsessing over AOC and have only made her more and more well known and popular.

TheRuralJuror

Oct 25, 2017

It's my opinion that conservatives and their media are largely responsible for spreading her to the masses. They played themselves on this one.

AnotherNils

Oct 27, 2017
In a manner it's similar to how the media continuously boosted Trump. They treated him like a big deal, and thus he was a big deal. But now it's the right who can't stop obsessing over AOC and have only made her more and more well known and popular.
Yes! That must have been the subconscious idea I couldn't put my finger on when I started that post.

I like AOC, but it's kinda bad that she's this big this fast (That said, given the lack of good outpsoken Dems, I'm happy we have her right now). I'm just saying... she wasn't allowed to grow into this naturally. This could have some unintended consequences a year or two down the line.

Edit:
Why would you go back to Russia ???
WHY GO BACK TO RUSSIA! WTF
I'd assume Thailand deported her.

Ignatz Mouse

Oct 27, 2017
Yes! That must have been the subconscious idea I couldn't put my finger on when I started that post.

I like AOC, but it's kinda bad that she's this big this fast (That said, given the lack of good outpsoken Dems, I'm happy we have her right now). I'm just saying... she wasn't allowed to grow into this naturally. This could have some unintended consequences a year or two down the line.

Could be. Biggest issue I see is that some scandal could derail her. In the meantime, I don't want or need her to be anything other than what she is-- somebody great at messaging both against the GOP and forward to the left explaining positions. I have no idea how she'll be as a legislator but what she's doing now is great.

As a person who isn't as far left as her, I love that she's dragging the window left this publicly. It's what a congresswoman from a sapphire blue district should be doing.

Punished Goku

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
ORDAAAAAA

ORDAAAAAA

ORDAAAAAA
147464476308422.gif

All the yelling, and clapping, and booing, becomes annoying really quickly. I hate that part of the Canadian parliament.
Nah fam, gimme dem fisticuffs
Well if we stick to the states Clinton won that's a net gain of 1 (+CO/ME, -AL).

Gotta hope our nominee can flip Arizona, Georgia, Iowa and North Carolina. Maybe Texas if it's Beto.
Hmmm hopefully Kamala with Beto as vp can flip Texas.

pigeon

Oct 25, 2017
Yo I don't know what's going on in Britain but their parliament seems much more fun than our house. I want a loud and ruckus bunch, bring on fistfights and dueling. I want our speaker Pelosi to dish out some Ass whooping.

We may get there eventually. The British Parliament is the way it is partly because it's eight hundred years old and the norms of behavior have had a long time to evolve.

Doesn't it go back to the Senate ?

No. That's why the House GOP was happy to vote for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.