Status
Not open for further replies.

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017
It gives everyone in the article goofy titles - Biden is nicknamed "the Godfather". It's Vanity Fair, and it's fluff piece on how different politics are going to look in 2019 vs 2016 or even 2018.

Maxim726x

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Re: Bernie

Is it that fucking hard to just say "yeah, I messed up... I know I have to do better in the future. I apologize for not recognizing this sooner and appropriately addressing these allegations".

Done. No controversy.

Maybe I should run for office? I can memorize his (singular) talking point.

xenocide

Oct 25, 2017
Vermont

Is it that fucking hard to just say "yeah, I messed up... I know I have to do better in the future. I apologize for not recognizing this sooner and appropriately addressing these allegations".

Done. No controversy.

Bernie stumbles when he can't pivot to his Stump Speech.

adam387

Nov 27, 2017

Done. No controversy.

Bernie Sanders has never been able to admit a mistake or a fault ever. Why in the world would anyone think he'd start now?
Plus, this was hard to spin into millionaires, billionaires, wall street.

Deleted member 176

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Bernie Sanders has never been able to admit a mistake or a fault ever. Why in the world would anyone think he'd start now?
Plus, this was hard to spin into millionaires, billionaires, wall street.
I can't wait to hear how the next fifty gaffes are actually totally fine and how anyone who is upset is a neoliberal centrist.

EvilChameleon

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
AOC and Ilhan are much more fun Twitter follows than my actual rep Tim Ryan, who mostly tweets about football and the Lordstown plant.

JustinP

Oct 25, 2017

Done. No controversy.

He did say that.

"I am not going to sit here and tell you that we did everything right in terms of human resources, in terms of addressing the needs that I'm hearing from now that women felt disrespected, that there was sexual harassment which was not dealt with as effectively as possible."

He then talks about how his reelection campaign in 2018 had lots of measures, including mandatory training and a third party firm women could go to if they felt harassed (putting his later comment about women that felt disrespected into context) -- how he thinks his 2018 model is how he wants to go forward with. Then he apologizes and promises they'll do better if he runs in 2020.

Then Cooper asked him if he knew at the time and he said no and PoliEra ran with that out of context comment instead because of course.

Can see video here: https://www.axios.com/sanders-on-re...ime-c6881299-e710-4b7e-80dd-7e6b840b8b89.html

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017

The author literally argues that boycotting a company because you disagree with their product offerings is "free market", but that boycotting them because you disagree with their personnel decisions or public statements or donations is a perversion of the concept. You are fucking over the company by giving them less freedom to behave as they please.

Students paying tuition should have no say on what countries their tuition supports, because their financial transaction is only with the university.

We should constantly bring up that conversatives and libertarians were livid at the boycotts against South Africa at the time. Naked capitalists do not like consumers exercising collective power over markets.

Suiko

Oct 25, 2017
I can't wait to hear how the next fifty gaffes are actually totally fine and how anyone who is upset is a neoliberal centrist.

You don't have to wai-

He did say that.

"I am not going to sit here and tell you that we did everything right in terms of human resources, in terms of addressing the needs that I'm hearing from now that women felt disrespected, that there was sexual harassment which was not dealt with as effectively as possible."

He then talks about how his reelection campaign in 2018 had lots of measures, including mandatory training and a third party firm women could go to if they felt harassed (putting his later comment about women that felt disrespected into context) -- how he thinks his 2018 model is how he wants to go forward with. Then he apologizes and promises they'll do better if he runs in 2020.

Then Cooper asked him if he knew at the time and he said no and PoliEra ran with that out of context comment instead because of course.

Can see video here: https://www.axios.com/sanders-on-re...ime-c6881299-e710-4b7e-80dd-7e6b840b8b89.html

JustinP

Oct 25, 2017
The author literally argues that boycotting a company because you disagree with their product offerings is "free market", but that boycotting them because you disagree with their personnel decisions or public statements or donations is a perversion of the concept. You are fucking over the company by giving them less freedom to behave as they please.

Students paying tuition should have no say on what countries their tuition supports, because their financial transaction is only with the university.

We should constantly bring up that conversatives and libertarians were livid at the boycotts against South Africa at the time. Naked capitalists do not like consumers exercising collective power over markets.
Yeah it's telling when so-called conservative intellectuals don't even have a grasp on their own philosophies. I doubt the author even realizes that he's bent himself into a logical pretzel that essentially means any reduction in choice in the markets is not the free markets. So like, if Walmart made a deal with a company to not stock a competitor's products, that's not the free market. If one company bought another company and merged their product lines? Not free market. A company going out of business? Not free market.

Without realizing it, he's basically conflating "free market" with "strong market"

aspiegamer

Oct 27, 2017
ZzzzzzZzzzZzz...
I followed Ilhan for over a month now and I just found out where she actually represents the other day lol
Being in congress and being famous has way outpaced being in congress and it mattering where you're from in terms of career trajectory. No one's fault really; it's just the result of our districting procedures. The UK does a pretty good job of geographically set areas for each district having an anchor of some sort.

It's a random coincidence that Pelosi is a crazy liberal lady from an extremely crazy liberal city.

chadskin

Oct 27, 2017
North Korea's top diplomat in Italy has sought asylum, a report said on Thursday (Jan 3), in what would be another high-profile defection bid by one of Pyongyang's envoys.

Mr Jo Song Gil, the acting North Korean ambassador to Rome, applied for asylum to an unidentified Western country with his family, South Korea's JoongAng Ilbo daily said, citing unnamed diplomatic sources in Seoul.
He is "known to be a son or son-in-law of one of the highest-level officials in the North's regime", the JoongAng cited an unnamed North Korea expert as saying.

North Korean diplomats serving overseas are often required to leave behind several family members – typically children – to discourage their defection.

However Jo came to Rome in May 2015 with his wife and children, suggesting he may be from a privileged family, the JoongAng said, adding the reason for his defection bid remained unclear.
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...-ambassador-jo-song-gil-seeks-asylum-in-italy

Unlike Trump Mr Jo Song Gil apparently did not fall in love with Kim Jong-un.

plagiarize

It's not a loop. It's a spiral.
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
He did say that.

He starts with 'felt disrespected' which is arguably even worse. But no. I'm sure just like every other time he put his foot in his mouth and said something tone dead we are the only ones to think so and it won't be echoed elsewhere.

Optics matter. You think those of us here who supported Clinton don't get that?

Status
Not open for further replies.