Status
Not open for further replies.

Plinko

Oct 28, 2017
Paying attention to 538 is worthless right now. It's still 5:30 on the west coast. Polls are still open all over.

Vuapol

Oct 25, 2017
And 538 jumps from like 35% to 58% in an instant...for no discernible reason. Perhaps live real-time forecasts were a mistake.

Sweeney Swift

User Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
#IStandWithTaylor
I found it already concerning in the last days that even leading up to these midterms, the media coverage on every damn channel was almost 100% TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP. The US media has learned absolutely nothing and continues to enable Trump and the GOP.
The sad truth is stuff just hasn't gotten bad enough for a significant amount of people to want to care about everyone else who is affected. Until it does, no change

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017
It's not even 9PM. Chill.
4048.jpg

Slatsunus

Nov 2, 2017
Not even 9pm smh.

It does help make a list of people for cute ref who should never be allowed to mock the OT or be taken seriously on this stuff ever again though

Kemal86

Oct 25, 2017
Not sure how new this is (this thread is going fast)

I see that NYT has officially called VA10 as Flipped. So that's +2.

plagiarize

It's not a loop. It's a spiral.
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
IT'S. NOT. A. RELIABLE. LIVE. TRACKER.

It's incredibly reactionary to early partial results.
Right, it's not weighting based on where the vote has come in from. It's weighting based on who is ahead, if I understand correctly. So if a bunch of right leaning places report in first, it'll swing more than the way NYT do projections, as I understand it, anyway.

Y2Kev

Oct 25, 2017
In Real Life: Nothing happening yet.

Carvilleon MSNBC: "Wave is dissipating."

WTF?
Again I think Florida is closer than polling indicated and Indiana is just disappointing. So that's probably driving both people's takes as well as the data interpreters.

edit: MAYBE it's closer in Florida on a house level. I haven't looked at the data.

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
If we don't get the House by the barest of minmums, Trump gets away with everything. He'll fucking fire Mueller immediately.

Kaban

Oct 25, 2017
From 538:

"You may have noticed that our real-time forecast has moved toward Republicans in the House. It's being too aggressive, in my opinion. The model sees that a bunch of "likely Republican" districts (particularly in Florida) are now 100 percent likely to go red. But there hasn't been the chance for Democrats to clinch many equivalent likely Democratic districts."

Deleted member 31104

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
Honestly there is 9% left in Florida, but like 80% of them are Democratic areas where they're running at 60/40. It's very close but I'd favor the Dems with the votes which are left. Gillum is looking shakier than Nelson.

NookSports

Oct 27, 2017
The house is the only thing that matters. I truly do fear what happens if we don't pick up at least one branch

Sexy Fish

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Alright, I'm going to go drink and play Red Dead.

When I come back, we're all going to laugh about how you were freaking out at 538's metric flipping its shit and cheering about how awesome Senators Beto and Bredesen are gonna do.

If I'm wrong never bring this up again.

VectorPrime

Banned
Apr 4, 2018
STRAIGHT FROM 538

"You may have noticed that our real-time forecast has moved toward Republicans in the House. It's being too aggressive, in my opinion. The model sees that a bunch of "likely Republican" districts (particularly in Florida) are now 100 percent likely to go red. But there hasn't been the chance for Democrats to clinch many equivalent likely Democratic districts."

Oct 25, 2017
I don't want to tsk-tsk though because I KNOW how it is to live in a racist country that seems to be going backwards since I am a) black and b) American, but for your health's sake, PLEASE step away if you feel like you're going crazy. I beg of you.

I know that you can't relax, but take care of yourself! Step away. Take a walk. Play a video game.

Status
Not open for further replies.