Status
Not open for further replies.

Box of Kittens

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
In (somewhat) more serious news about the Harley-ridin' G-droppin' Governor of Illinois.

Rauner is hoping to rally more support from voters than he did from the president Saturday at Trump's rally in southern Illinois, where the governor appeared to get snubbed.

"He was an hour late, he had to get right on the stage and I spend my time before he got there really thanking all our volunteers," Rauner said.

As Rich Miller pointed out, Trump did have time at the Illinois rally to name drop the GOP candidate for governor... of California.

But lest we think Rauner got nothing for the trouble of riding' his motorcycle to the MAGA rally.

Days before the election, a leading motorcycle group is rescinding its endorsementof Illinois Gov. Bruce Rauner.

Autodidact

Oct 25, 2017
So.
-bombs and shootings remind people that Trump encourages hate; his approval drops because they've remembered they hate him.
-caravan speech punted until after midterms.
-14th Amendment lie put into his demented mind by Axios is flopping.
-NRCC in disarray.
-Everyone rightly calling out caravan and 14th Amendment as distraction, Democrats staying on message about healthcare.

What will Chuck Todd say we're doing wrong?

OmniOne

Oct 25, 2017
So.
-bombs and shootings remind people that Trump encourages hate; his approval drops because they've remembered they hate him.
-NRCC in disarray.
-Everyone rightly calling out caravan and 14th Amendment as distraction, Democrats staying on message about healthcare.

Probably the being Democrats part.

Kaitos

Tens across the board!
Oct 25, 2017
Taylor finally filled in that Blank Space next to Phil Bredesen's name, per Instagram.

gaugebozo

Oct 25, 2017

Fuck 'em. Fuck em all. Every last goddamn one of them.

No.

Fuck you.

"just say "Fuck it" because I don't own a printer or stamps anyway." - UGH

"Millennials don't vote because a lot of politicians are appealing to older voters. We deserve politicians that are willing to do stuff for our future..." - You'll be older in your future, dumb dumb!

Aaron

I’m seeing double here!
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis
I don't remember our collapse in the last weeks of 2010 being nearly this messy.
No, and it was all pretty much baked in. Earl Pomeroy (Democrat who represented the North Dakota at-large district) mentioned recently his internal polling in 2010 had him down about ten points throughout the entire campaign and nothing he did ever seemed to budge it one way or the other. Sure enough he lost by just a little under ten points.

I seriously can't believe this Mueller thing, like what the fuck am I reading, how are these people so monstrous AND stupid
uglimuahmrmw1ihdc1b1.jpg

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
That dude is going to steal a news cycle from trump with his crimes, trump is going to be so pissed lolololol

Abstrusity

Oct 27, 2017
So.
-NRCC in disarray.

identity politics, of course. We're being unfair to mayonaisse-americans.

BrokenFiction

Oct 25, 2017
ATL
"just say "Fuck it" because I don't own a printer or stamps anyway." - UGH

"Millennials don't vote because a lot of politicians are appealing to older voters. We deserve politicians that are willing to do stuff for our future..." - You'll be older in your future, dumb dumb!

The petty part of me wants a rule that says if you don't vote when you're young, you don't get to vote when you get older. You opted out, assholes.

DTC

Oct 25, 2017
Don't forget dems superior spending in most airwaves

I'm still pretty pessimstic about the Senate but I might be underestimating dems in the house

Feb 14, 2018
So.
-NRCC in disarray.

Gillum comparing Trump to a pig is so ~~uncivil~~

AnotherNils

Oct 27, 2017

Lol. This all links back to Jacob Wohl

Why is this guy deciding to Leeroy Jenkins this shit?

Telling you all, they will play the "walk it back but bitch the entire time" game.
Of course, they want it in the news as much as possible.

I'm genuinely surprised at this.

There's a pretty decent argument is the reason for this is that Jack kept on getting ratio'd over his public statements about the Prop C proposition in San Francisco.
Could a libertarian be so thin skinned?

Yes, yes, he could.

Ortix

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's been a lovely day so far.

Meanwhile, in the ongoing NYT/Siena polls:
-Davis still on +4 in KS-2 (with 16% undecided...)
- Porter on +7 in CA-45
- Too early to be meaningful, but Allred ahead in TX-32

Not giving up on senate just yet, Beto's numbers look good despite everything, TN isn't completely over and MO/ND might yet be saved. Needs new polls there.

OmniOne

Oct 25, 2017

Nate Silver - @NateSilver538: A problem in several of these Senate races, Missouri probably being the best example, is that the mix of polls is very Republican-leaning. Either GOP internals, or quasi-GOP independent pollsters who have big Republican house effects in other races they've polled.

Is Nate unskewing or does he have a valid point?

thefro

Oct 25, 2017
Tay Tay is even posting a bunch of pictures of Swifties voting in her Instagram stories feed

Is Nate unskewing or does he have a valid point?

It'd be nice if someone had a polling analysis website that was part of a vast multinational entertainment/media conglomerate that might be able to fund additional state/district polling.

Status
Not open for further replies.