• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

2shd

Oct 25, 2017
Ah thanks, that's something to consider too.
I'm definitely curious what the deal is with the different versions. I actually think it could be because if classified as a PS5 game, you couldn't use a Dualshock 4, and people still may use one, but they don't want to rescind their inane controller policy.

BuddyC

Oct 27, 2017
ridge racer 2 was a dream too far, it seems :(

time to load up the old regional account…

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017
As someone who doesn't buy many games, there are more than enough games to satiate me. I've already downloaded Guardians, RDR2, Gravity Rush, and Batman Arkham Asylum. I imagine this will take me quite some time to get through, but I do hope they continue to really improve on the service. Hopefully it eventually gets closer to GP status.

JaseC64

Enlightened
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Strong Island NY
Tekken 2 running in this PS1 emulator reminds me of Bleemcast holy shit. Sony finally has done what bleem was doing back then on Dreamcast!

I know there are purist out there but this is by far the best Playstation ps1 emulation so far. I think PS3 and maybe Vita has the OG style aka Native emulation locked. (Jaggies and same look) But something about crisp solid graphics just look so good on an HDTV.

Sony please update the PS2 emulator. They cannot leave that platform running with the barebones emulator from PS4. Please!!!

Edit: ok I haven't looked at XSX but that could be number one on current gen lol.

Ovvv

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jan 11, 2019
Really bummed the US couldn't manage to get Trails in the Sky 1-3.

krae_man

Master of Balan Wonderworld
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone download speeds bad? I'm getting 0.2mb/s right now and I usually max out my connection.

Noog

▲ Legend ▲
May 1, 2018
Played Toy Story 2 for a bit and god that game is good. Way better than it has any right to be. It's so much fun running around in a colorful cartoony house environment. I like the LEGO games, but I wish TT got to branch out more nowadays.

JFoul

Oct 25, 2017
Nice, mine converted to Plus Premium until 6.3.27.

Downloading Returnal and R-Type Final 2 to start.

Schopenhauer

Oct 27, 2017
Really hope more 3rd party publisher decide to release PS1, PS2 and PSP games on the service.

That classic catalog is pretty pathetic in its current form.

wafflebrain

Oct 27, 2017
So has the compression improved for streaming games with this launch or is it largely the same as it was before? Its been a minute since I used the service. My experience with it a year or so ago was mixed, some games looked just okay and others turned into a mess with compression artifacts, moreso for 3d games with fast gameplay such as shooters.

Tempted to sub premium at least for a month.

catpurrcat

Oct 27, 2017
It's so sad to have a premium service launch like this, that should be a celebration of retro ps games, and it's missing flagships like metal gear solid and ridge racer.

dreamobserver

Oct 27, 2017
a little confused. I don't have a PS5 yet, but I wanna download some PS5 games like Morales and Ghost of Tsushima before I eventually get one. these are my subscriptions. this should consolidate into either PlayStation Plus Premium or Extra right? do I have access to that "game catalog"? When I check God of War I can add that to my library but checking Miles Morales just gives me a "Subscribe to extra" to get access to it, can't add to library.

YnwnsNT.png

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta GA
a little confused. I don't have a PS5 yet, but I wanna download some PS5 games like Morales and Ghost of Tsushima before I eventually get one. these are my subscriptions. this should consolidate into either PlayStation Plus Premium or Extra right? do I have access to that "game catalog"? When I check God of War I can add that to my library but checking Miles Morales just gives me a "Subscribe to extra" to get access to it, can't add to library.

YnwnsNT.png

You should get Premium. But a few people have been having similar issues today. Apparently the account migrations are still being completed throughout the day. If you don't see a change by tomorrow maybe call support.

God of War is a PS+ Monthly game right now and a PS+ Collection for PS5 game so that's why you can download it

Gangrel

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone have a link to the Tokyo Jungle store listing? Was able to find most of the PS Classics I already owned to redeem for free, just missing Tokyo Jungle.

Oct 25, 2017
So I definitely have Tekken 2 on my account (found the receipt from 2009), but it's asking me to pay for plus to download. This happening to anyone else?

dreamobserver

Oct 27, 2017
You should get Premium. But a few people have been having similar issues today. Apparently the account migrations are still being completed throughout the day. If you don't see a change by tomorrow maybe call support.

God of War is a PS+ Monthly game right now and a PS+ Collection for PS5 game so that's why you can download it
thanks sir

Catshade

Oct 26, 2017
Can only get Wild Arms and Syphon Filter 1 for now. Lots of my PS1 classics are from Capcom and Square Enix side, I hope they're coming soon.

Boclfon479

Oct 25, 2017
Was looking at PS3 games and saw Castlevania Harmony of Despair and got excited and tried streaming it.

Streaming it worked pretty well but I also remembered that you can't use any of the DLC on the PSNOW version so it's blah :(

Off topic but the series S/X can play it via X360 BC right? Can that version get DLC?

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
The Extra list is pretty good really, even if it's unremarkable. Obviously, a BIG upgrade over base PS+.

It's Premium that's I'm super disappointed by. It's VERY BARELY any better than PS Now in its current state. I guess that's on me for thinking the classic games list would be bigger. And of course, streaming PS3 games is just very unfortunate since it doesn't work well for me.

Just hoping they add tons to it as the months go on, but I have a hard time getting a read on Sony's current attitude towards classic games, so I have no idea what to expect.

TalonJH

Oct 27, 2017
Louisville, KY
I basically paid $60 to get the highest tier for a year since I already had plus. Anyway, it's been years since I've streamed through PSNow. Ive been streaming Gravity Rush off and on all day and it's been perfect. Not even a hitch so far.Out of curiosity, why is it streaming only though. it says it's the remastered game but wasn't the remaster PS4.

Oct 28, 2017
I went ahead an upgraded to Premium through January. I am not sure that I will go Premium again when this runs out, but I am going PS Extra for sure. Damn, there are so many games its crazy. And there are a lot of really solid titles in there. I know, I know, they aren't Day 1 first party titles and I own a lot of them from being a PS Plus member since the beginning. However, there are still so many other games I would love to play, despite when they may have released. I got Demon Souls Remake, Disaster Report 4 and Red Dead Redemption 2 downloaded. RDR2 and Demon Souls were both games I owned in the past, but sold the physical copies in some stupid GameStop deal where they were giving me more money than I paid for them so I just sold them since I was playing other things.

I streamed Motorstorm Apocalypse and a bit of Puppeteer and they ran smooth as silk. I thought Motorstorm would show me how bad input lag was but I won my race without problems (I did own this game back on my PS3). Puppeteer is still just as wonderful as I remember. This was the first time I ever tried PSNow/Playstation Streaming Tech and it ran just as well as the cloud tech on my Xbox Series X. Both run amazingly well. I am also hard wired with 500mb down internet. I was very very impressed with the PlayStation Streaming, just not as impressed with the catalog of streaming games. Another thing that made me chuckle is when you are streaming a PS3 game, you can pull up the PS3 in game XMB, and I still had a bunch of friend requests from PS3 from way back in the day that I was able to just now accept or decline lol (these don't show up on PS4 or PS5).

I really really wanted to play Afrika again, which I still own physically on my PS3. I see it on all the lists of PS Essential titles, but I just cannot find it anywhere.

Ryuhza

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
San Diego County
Dang, I was hoping the PS2 emulation had been improved, but it seems untouched. It's really lacking, especially when there's such a small selection of supported titles.

Last edited:

DMPinheiro

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Brazil
Dunno if this has been mentioned (or if anyone else has this issue) but I'm a Premie subscriber and can see SNK's PS4 versions of both Garou: Mark of the Wolves and The Last Blade 2 fighting games on the list, but it won't me dload or stream them. I can only purchase.
I have the same problem. I almost bought the game by mistake trying to download it

blackw0lf48

Jan 2, 2019
So if I wanted to play say the original Red Dead Redemption on a PS4, is there no way to play it except through a PS plus premium subscription?

ToadPacShakur

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Fine I'll play Death Stranding

I think I'm actually one of the few that REALLLYYY benefit from this service. I'm mostly on Xbox or PC thanks to Game Pass. And you know what, this library is pretty different from Game Pass, finding lots to play

now thanks to this I can finally play the PS5 exclusives I've missed due to being reluctant to spend $70 lol got Death Stranding Directors Cut, Returnal, Demons Souls, and Ghost of Sashimi downloading

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017
Yes!!
I already upgraded and is really sad don't have this PS3 games to download and play…
It's by far the thing I was more interested.
I really hope Sony find a way to make this games run native on a PS5 at least.

We have rumors that Sony are still working on a PS3 emulator for local playback. We can also logically deduce it'll have to happen at some point simply because they can't keep stuffing PS3 hardware into data centers forever as the service expands.

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
Wish there was a way to see every game I own, because I don't remember and don't own a PS3 anymore

Question: I can play God of War 1-3 without a sub if I own them?

guru-guru

Oct 25, 2017
Decided fuck it and subbed for a year. Played 2 hours of Ghost of Tsushima and enjoying it so far. DL'd Wild Arms, Little Big Planet 3, and Returnal too.