Status
Not open for further replies.

RedXIV

Alt account
Banned
Mar 7, 2024
if there are indeed zero civilian casualties, and all targets hit are military targets, it seems iran is capable of precision strikes with a much higher degree of precision than israrel's strikes, and israel should deescalate
Let's not equate how the military apparatus of a proper nation-state like Israel, with distinct military bases, with how a guerrilla militant group like Hamas operates. It's disingenuous. Hamas integrates itself into civilian installations for the very purpose of making themselves harder to detect and eliminate without harming innocents.

Also, this just in:
www.jpost.com

Six murdered in Jaffa terror shooting, many more wounded

Six were murdered and 16 were wounded to varying degrees, the two terrorists were shot dead by security forces.

Calm down. Two users don't account for the whole of Era ffs
The tenor of this thread seems to be in agreement with the sentiment, so not sure "two users" is an accurate representation of the reach of these beliefs on this forum.

Casa

Oct 25, 2017
A bunch of international legal experts seem to think it's about that simple, but you continue a knee-jerk apologia for Biden's inactions

Ok but you see how that's just whataboutism and misdirection, no? There's plenty of venom for Netanyahu and his administration all across the site but you are laser focusing in on criticism towards the sitting President. Someone who has the power to lessen Netanyahu's ability to continue these atrocities and chooses not to exercise it.

You continue to not engage with that point and continue to insist there's a bunch of strawman posters who hate Biden but love, or at the very least do not blame, Bibi. You are tilting at windmills
I don't give a single shit about Joe Biden at this point and I'm not trying to defend his honor or good name. Attack away. He deserves harsh criticism and it's well earned..

I just personally think Natanyahu deserves a much more substantial chunk of this anger and aggression than Biden does.

hanshen

Banned
Jun 24, 2018
Chicago, IL
User Warned: Hostility
Let's not equate how the military apparatus of a proper nation-state like Israel operations, with distinct military bases, with how a guerrilla militant group like Hamas operates. It's disingenuous. Hamas integrates itself into civilian installations for the very purpose of making themselves harder to detect and eliminate without harming innocents.

The tenor of this thread seems to be in agreement with the sentiment, so not sure "two users" is an accurate representation of the reach of these beliefs on this forum.

Respectfully, shut the fuck up. go hasbara somewhere else.

LNBL

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
if there are indeed zero civilian casualties, and all targets hit are military targets, it seems iran is capable of precision strikes with a much higher degree of precision than israrel's strikes, and israel should deescalate
Israel claims to only do precision strikes, but i damn well intentionally targets innocent civilians as well

rzks21

Aug 17, 2023
There is no relevance in dwelling on Western powers installing a puppet Shah back in 1953 when we're discussing Iranian funding of terrorism today.
Not everyone has to see things your way. Resorting to condescension and insults is not the path to take.

Western powers supported Saddam in his quest to take territory from Iran while oppressing Shias and Kurds in Iraq. That not only helped the Iranian regime solidify itself internally but enabled it to exert a huge influence on Iraq the moment Saddam was gone (by the hand of the US, mind you) since the majority of the population there wouldn't align with their Sunni neighbors after decades of being subject to human rights abuses by the dictator they had backed. Likewise, militias like Hamas and Hezbollah only came to be thanks to Israel's antics, both in terms of undermining secular Palestinian liberation groups and in invading Lebanon to install bloodthirsty militias that massacred Shias and Palestinians in the thousands under the supervision of the IDF.

So no, you can't really answer that Western involvement is a thing of the 50s.

Planx

Oct 27, 2017
I just personally think Natanyahu deserves a much more substantial chunk of this anger and aggression than Biden does.
nOprFqiE9N3jL59PQkYdZ_tc1Mc8iEGby1ELpDKRFRc.jpg

Nola

Oct 29, 2017
I don't think it's credible to have to go back over 60 years in the past. In the here and now, Iran's footprints are all over arming Hamas and Hezbollah, support for Assad in Syria and sponsorship of Shia militias in Iraq.

Bad faith discourse to dismiss every other argument as a 'both sides deflection'.
You dont think it's credible based on what foundation exactly????

History and culpability doesn't get to just start arbitrarily or when you decide it should. And if we refuse to learn the larger context this situation exists in, how can you properly assess the situation and determine what is relevant or not?

Iran does arm Hamas and Hezbollah, but neither of those groups emerged from a vacuum. That doesn't justify the unjust acts they take, it would be great if I could Thanos snap every extremist right wing group on the planet out of existence, but your framing relegates the situation to a toxically reductive both sides framework. One that willingly operates from ignorance, that by extension, wittingly or unwittingly, helps prop up the status quo that has the ME on the edge of going up in flames amidst a genocide being committed by an apartheid state. An apathy, dismissive hubris, and disinterest in the context and history of people in the global south that doesnt contort to the already held imperialist narratives, that I would add has been at the heart of why we are where we are currently.

Lordfifth

Banned
Jul 31, 2022
Western powers supported Saddam in his quest to take territory from Iran while oppressing Shias and Kurds in Iraq. That not only helped the Iranian regime solidify itself internally but enabled it to exert a huge influence on Iraq the moment Saddam was gone (by the hand of the US, mind you) since the majority of the population there wouldn't align with their Sunni neighbors after decades of being subject to human rights abuses by the dictator they had backed. Likewise, militias like Hamas and Hezbollah only came to be thanks to Israel's antics, both in terms of undermining secular Palestinian liberation groups and in invading Lebanon to install bloodthirsty militias that massacred Shias and Palestinians in the thousands under the supervision of the IDF.

Stop trying to educate them americans think irans hatred for them spawned from nothing

Pryme

Banned
Aug 23, 2018
That's because Ukrainians are white and Palestinians + Lebanese are Arab.

Biden has described his approach to Israel and Palestine as "[making] sure [USA and Israel] maintained a united front so that 'the Arabs' would bend". He also said he would go "even further than Israel, adding that he'd forcefully fend off anyone who sought to invade his country, even if that meant killing women or children." which the Israeli PM of the time (who was a former leader of a terrorist group) actually condemned as uncivilized.

Why are you defending someone like this?

You consider that 'defending'?

I'm explaining why I think he's now seemingly unable to stand up to Bibi's recklessness at this time. It's certainly been a focus of his administration this year to try to keep things from escalating into a major middle east war...and yet the Israelis keep snubbing him.

When exactly did I make this claim? It helps not to misquote people.

LNBL

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Are you celebrating this? The more damage done by Iran, the more "proportional" the response will be from Israel. I'd take pause at egging on a conflict with a state backed by unlimited American weapons support.

Advocating for straight up terrorism. Guess ERA has become a breeding ground for allowing if not empowering Islamic radicalization.

My country and MY people have been massacred in the last weeks by the zionist regime. Yes i will celebrate any damage done to any military instanve that has killed 100s if not 1000s of innocent civilians.

Is that supporting radicalization? Take that shit tf out of here.

Chirotera

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I don't give a single shit about Joe Biden at this point and I'm not trying to defend his honor or good name. Attack away. He deserves harsh criticism and it's well earned..

If I'm out taking a walk, and your unleashed dog attacks me - I'm holding you accountable - not the dog.

Lol, unbelievable. Right back at ya bud.

You support genocide, just say it and move on.

Guddha

Sep 5, 2019
Calm down. Two users don't account for the whole of Era ffs
Claiming my post advocates terrorism is some slimy and cowardly shit. I take it you feel that a military installation that is being used to butcher families should not face attacks in order to prevent speculative further IDF violence which is already happening and spreading to even more countries without cause. Israel is attacking whoever they want and they don't need a justification for it. A genocidal force losing a staging ground, even if only temporary, to prosecute their atrocities is a good thing. The attitude of posters here that Israel should simply be allowed to commit these attacks without retaliation says everything.

Are missiles usually that well-lit and bright?
These missiles have secondary boosters that accelerate them before hitting their targets.

Tsuyu

Oct 25, 2017
If one doesn't think Israel will stop if the US cuts off weapon aids, then I'm sure the US favorite tool of sanctioning the decision makers will suffice.

The narrative about withholding aids or making aids conditional is utterly unjustified and represent major efforts in social conditioning the public to ensure the offenders get away with no repercussions.

It's either you believe people responsible for crimes against humanity should be sanctioned or not. Them being adversaries or allies don't matter.

Rosenkrantz

Jan 17, 2018
Let's not equate how the military apparatus of a proper nation-state like Israel operations, with distinct military bases, with how a guerrilla militant group like Hamas operates. It's disingenuous. Hamas integrates itself into civilian installations for the very purpose of making themselves harder to detect and eliminate without harming innocents.
Wow! Eylon Levy has an account here!

Human shields, a dash of islamophobia, all the right ingridients.

niccoolnic

Nov 20, 2020
Salt Lake City, UT
Both the Senate and House majorities oppose a weapons ban. And in an election year, Biden is most likely wary of a ban backfiring at the polls.
He tried to pull that off once and the Republicans (as well as some members of his own party) publicly carpeted him.

1980 Elections

1980_large.png

1984 Elections? A whitewash

1984_large.png

Both extreme landslides.

Let's not pretend Biden's speaking from the same position of strength as Reagan et al.

Sure, he could certainly do more to stand up to Bibi. One wonders also how much his age is telling on him. He's been unduly cautious with making these strong decisions. Certainly he's made a hash of appropriately calling Russia's bluff.
This doesn't address my point: Joe Biden is violating US law, yes or no?

To your election map point, I don't think it's credible to have to go back over 40 years in the past.

Sei

Oct 28, 2017
LA
Of course the reactionaries are going to pop in here, while they ignore the Palestine/Lebanon threads for months.

No one here agrees that Iran are the good guys. This is just a reaction to the continued Israel escalation and civilian murder.

Grudy

Unshakable Resolve
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
funny how some here are upset about people being happy that an airbase that has massacred thousands in a genocidal campaign, calling us now a "breeding ground for radicalization" and whatnot when majority of palestinians on the site have been mocked, driven out, banned for daring to call the NYT on their bullshit, and told to stfu until after the elections for daring to protest the genocidal asshole that is Joe Biden.

I'm sure everyone here was quick to jump into the gaza and lebanon threads to protest the thousands killed by indiscriminate strikes on civilians, hospitals, schools, humanitarian agencies…etc. oh, wait, no they didn't.

Era and the liberals will never be able to reconcile their role in the genocide when their elected leaders are the ones supporting it and enabling it.

SquirrelSr

Oct 26, 2017
Imagine supporting an apartheid state because they're on your team. Actually, you don't have to imagine it because it's happening in realtime.

Twister

Feb 11, 2019
Calling out an a genocidal apartheid state is not empowering islamic radicalization. It's having some basic empathy for human beings.
There's a difference between rightly calling Israel out for their actions while also not excusing the terrorism that's occurred to innocent Israeli civilians as well. Israel as a state plays a part in the radicalization of these groups through their violence, but more violence is not the solution

effingvic

Oct 25, 2017
Of course the reactionaries are going to pop in here, while they ignore the Palestine/Lebanon threads for months.

No one here agrees that Iran are the good guys. This is just a reaction to the continued Israel escalation and civilian murder.

It's best to just ignore those spewing word for word talking points. There's no defense for Israel's killing spree, so they resort to the tried and true.

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
There's a lot of reports so we're locking the thread to take a look.

Status
Not open for further replies.