• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Soulsis

Oct 25, 2017
What do y'all think is the share of digital sales for Pokémon? Half? A third? Assuming it's 30-50% of total sales, then it's basically number one right? I just assume these Switch games should be 2-3 spots higher than they show, lol

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
Did you guys know the more people discuss Pokemon games online, the more they sell? It's science really. Criticism only fuels them you fools. Now back to waiting for Legends leaks like the consumer whore I am :/

infinityBCRT

Nov 1, 2017
I think the craziest thing on the 2021 overall list was that Miles Morales ended up at number 6 on the year, despite not being a full priced ($49.99) game and having already had a holiday season on the market for PS4 and PS5.
I feel like it's one of the first games anyone who had just got a PS5 would want to check out.

Kavalier_Clay

Alt-Account
Banned
Nov 16, 2021
Pretty crazy that Infinite came in at 2 in December despite it being available on Gamepass at launch and that those sales were on the back of the campaign alone.

WhtR88t

May 14, 2018
2023…

1) Microsoft
2) Microsoft
3) Microsoft
4) Microsoft
5) Nintendo
6) Microsoft
7) Sony
8) Microsoft
9) Microsoft
10) Microsoft

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It was missing from the UK December sales data (physical only), so people in that thread thought that GamePass completely demolished any sales of the game.
UK sales doesn't mean anything, especially for Xbox where it's SKU higher to digital, more so then other consoles.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I would not have expected Smash and Mortal Kombat making the overall top 10 3 years in a row, Mario Kart makes sense obviously, but the 2 big fighting games have some crazy legs

TheHunter

Bold Bur3n Wrangler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I came into this thread wondering why people were saying MS with 1 and 2 and then I read the news.

Holy shit.

HockeyBird

Oct 27, 2017
Smash dlc helps a lot i think. Would be interested to see how well Smash does without any dlc now.

I don't think it helps as much as people think. The trailers help keep the game in the news of course. But Smash was already a big franchise before Ultimate. Brawl sold over 10 million copies on the Wii. It may be a fighting game but it has wide appeal as a party game. It's a natural pickup for people who are buying the Switch for games like Mario Kart and Mario Party so its continued success as a evergreen isn't all that surprising.

Spinluck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Chicago
MS numbers are impressive but Nintendo is fucking killing it.

To think MK8 could've been forever bound to the Wii U. Shit is crazy.

Amazing time to own all 3 systems and PC for sure. Not so great when you have like no time to play anything but a handful of games ;__;

Apr 25, 2018
Rockwall, Texas
Two Xbox IP's in first and second., who would of thought

robert-de-niro-finger-wag.gif

Dark Ninja

Oct 27, 2017
Vanguard being number 1 and it was being touted as being a floundering sales failure by many sites like damn other companies can't even catch up to it. Cold War being number 2 is fucking crazy I think this happened with MW last year too.

TheHunter

Bold Bur3n Wrangler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Seems so, Switch > Xbox > PS5 for both Nov & Dec.

Series S putting in work.
Seems my predictions of US goes back to Xbox, Playstation everywhere else and roughly a 60ish/40ish split PS/Xbox way WW is on track.

CoD and other titles going exclusive will...alter trajectories however.

Welfare

Prophet of Truth - You’re my Numberwall
Oct 26, 2017
Unless they continue the pattern and released Wii U 2: The Revengeance.
Nah even memeing, 3DS did fine while Wii U flopped. Nintendo always has at least one successful platform every gen. Game Boy for N64, GBA for Game Cube, and 3DS for Wii U. Now that they consolidated they won't have that problem again.

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Seems my predictions of US goes back to Xbox, Playstation everywhere else and roughly a 60ish/40ish split PS/Xbox way WW is on track.

CoD and other titles going exclusive will...alter trajectories however.
Bare in mind its more of a display of stock levels then demand :)

TheHunter

Bold Bur3n Wrangler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nah even memeing, 3DS did fine while Wii U flopped. Nintendo always has at least one successful platform every gen. Game Boy for N64, GBA for Game Cube, and 3DS for Wii U. Now that they consolidated they won't have that problem again.
You dare test the Faustian deal they made?

YasuYone

Feb 17, 2021
Oh look Microsoft taking the top 2 spots and Nintendo taking the 3rd! Congrats to MS and Nintendo!

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
Good performance for Madden, surprised because the game has had poor post launch support. They basically dropped a big major franchise update.

Bulby

Prophet of Truth
Oct 29, 2017
Berlin
Nice to see Halo there! Deserves the shine. Makes its total absence from the UK chart even stranger though.

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017
It's surprising because it was $60 at stores while multiplayer, the biggest component of the series usually for consumers, was free. The $60 wasn't getting you multiplayer. Do you get like store cash in the retail version like fortnite retail copies give you v bucks or something?

I imagine a good number of buyers just thought they had to download the multiplayer and that it was included in the physical version, just needed an update or something idk. It's wild

A lot of Halo players don't play multiplayer.

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017

While inventory is the big factor, the fact that MS has been able to produce Xbox Series S consoles at a healthy rate has to give them some advantage
Especially with that being the budget option. PS5 DE has had next to no stock so if you want a PS5 you will need to pay $500

Voodoopeople

Oct 29, 2017
While inventory is the big factor, the fact that MS has been able to produce Xbox Series S consoles at a healthy rate has to give them some advantage
Especially with that being the budget option. PS5 DE has had next to no stock so if you want a PS5 you will need to pay $500

This. Part of the inventory argument is that MS DESIGNED a two SKU strategy, which is allowing them to basically build two consoles for the "price" of one, now that we have a chip shortage and massive demand due to Covid. They have more series S's available because of their strategy. This isn't some fluke.